Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM

122 posts, read 318,337 times

Advertisements

If you really want to date a black woman? Flights to SFO are cheap. Don't waste your time in SEATAC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:11 PM

73,030 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinseattle View Post
If you really want to date a black woman? Flights to SFO are cheap. Don't waste your time in SEATAC.
I have no hang ups when it comes to interracial dating. If I get a chance to leave the Atlanta area, I'll take my chances with Seattle. I have lived in the area before, I'll do it again.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostJoyDivision View Post
Well, I'm a black 20-something women and I just moved to the Capitol Hill/First Hill area and I mainly hangout here and DT. Dating here is pretty much what I expected it to be. I don't limit my dating pool to black men. However, there are definitely times when I wish that black men would approach me at the same rate as other men. Obviously, I know that the black population is relatively low, but when I make the effort to smile and say "Hello" to appealing black men, it's a little disappointing when I get nothing but a passing "Hello" or "How you doing?" or a faint smile or a mean mug or just completely ignored. I know what I look like, I may be not be a "Gabrielle Union" but I know that I'm attractive. The fact that other men have no problem approaching me let's me know that something's up. You know, maybe it does have something to do with what I look like. I'm a little on the short side and I'm thin. I have big kinky/curly hair, an afro that I wear down or pin up. I dress well, but not business-like or runway chic. I work full-time in health care lab and nothing about me screams "ghetto fab". I guess I need to step up my game.
But to answer the question: dating hasn't been hard for me, but it has been mostly dominated by a couple of markets. You'll have to be patient as well. I will say that I do notice more black men in the area where I live, but there are single black women like me all over the Seattle area wanting to date black men. Don't be afraid to approach us. If a black man approached me and actually wanted to talk to me, I would probably pass out.
Someone mentioned that there are two types of women in this area: ghetto and white-washed. Well, I'm neither of those that was pretty much an insult to women like me that live in Seattle. I'm looking forward to attending some meetups and other black-hosted events/venues to network and maybe get a few dates!
I am like you, but you are lucky. This sounds like a dream to me. Overall I am not attracted to African American men, but that is all the attention I get in Chicago except in Oak Park, IL which is like a very tiny Seattle in liberal attitude.
I went to Seattle and it feat that I was actually having a conversation with a white guy this was a mircale. If you are attractive and intelligent you are actually just seen as a person and not a ghetto stereotype. All you get here in Chicago is a excuse me, sorry if you almost bump into them at the store.
You are lucky. I eventually want to go back to Seattle to guy hunt. !

Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
The Seattle dating scene? Hmmmm...I guess it depends on how you look at it. There are PLENTY of single people here and finding a date is very easy. But, seattleites are notorious relationship phobes. Finding anyone willing to go beyond a date or two or five is nearly impossible because people have so many options due to the enormous amount of singles/ flighty nature of people here.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,705,441 times
I can't believe this thread is still bumped. It all depends on your personality and her personality. I have no problem getting a girl of any race. It's all about how you approach things and your confidence. I don't buy into that "just because you're ___ that means you have to date ____"

I can date across all races because I have the confidence and if you don't the women can sense it a mile away. Go where you know where women with similar interests like you might be. If you're not a social person add them online and get to know each other online first. I neverrr go into a situation thinking "she is white/asian, nah she won't like me" go in there and be yourself it really is not that complicated.

Also try to be her friend first or actually get to know her.. I've seen so many idiots go to women and tell them they wants to "date" or be with her without knowing them for 2 minutes.. really?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 AM

73,030 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I don't know what the dating scene is like in Seattle, as I've only lived there as a child, and not as an adult. I am what you call a non-stereotypical Black guy, college graduate, likes to dress preppy, and I'm actually open to interracial dating myself. I have heard that Seattle is one of the best cities in the USA for interracial dating. I've even mentioned it. I'm actually not hung up on race when it comes to dating, so I'm thinking Seattle might actually be good for me, at least compared to Atlanta.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 PM

82 posts, read 121,393 times
Red face Seattle Interracial dating

I grew up in Los Angelos. I dated IR in LA but mainly dated other Latinos. My personal observations are that Seattle has got to be the absolute capital for white/black dating. I rarely saw it as a child/teen/adult in LA. ESPECIALLY between black/white.

I have a few IR stories from LA. My school was Filipino-black-Mexican and a few whites. I had a good friend who dated a black guy in 6th grade and I kid you not, the air could be cut with a knife. This in 1995!! When I say I rarely saw it I more or less mean I NEVER saw interracial relationships where one partner was black. It just did not happen. Whites-Latinos-Asians dated interracial with no qualms, but black IR was a serious NO-NO that would cause you to lose your friends.

Now as I grew up and hit the 2000s I begun seeing it more......but it still is not the norm. Imagine having 2 communities living side by side, school, work and not having any IR? That's how it was for Black-Mexicans.

I moved to Seattle about 3 years ago and have seen 20x more black-white relationships here in the last 3 years than I had ever seen in LA.

Seattle has got to be the most open city in America when it comes to that. Its been said before but as a first hand account it is completely true.

I have no choice in dating IR as Latinos in general are scarce. I will say that I have met more women here than my entire life in LA. So if you are well dressed and attractive ID say that you have your choice whom to date here.

Being black and dating is not something I can comment on specifically but as far as I can see, black males are seen as approachable and women of all colors wont have beefs dating you.

There aren't many black females out here...in Seattle. So get ready to broaden your horizons

Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 PM

872 posts, read 2,030,031 times
Blow my brains out.

Last edited by RunTheDistance476; 12-21-2012 at 07:55 PM..

Old 08-08-2013, 01:28 PM

28 posts, read 38,507 times
what kind of local hobby groups tend to be popular in seattle, for group outings? Something that doesn't automatically involve alcohol?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM

324 posts, read 877,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Seattle has got to be the most open city in America when it comes to that. Its been said before but as a first hand account it is completely true. black males are seen as approachable and women of all colors wont have beefs dating you.
I enjoy seeing diversity in the dating world.
Does the appeal come from Seattle having an abundance of black professionals ? Or are black men seen as exotic ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area