Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM

427 posts, read 431,551 times

Advertisements

I really believe that the environmental nut job liberals are what is causing Seattle's traffic problems. When you have for an example I-405 (a major bypass beltway) in Renton/NewCastle with only 2 main lanes and 1 carpool lane outside a MAJOR American city, there's a problem. When you have I-5 from the south going into downtown bottle-necking into with 2 lanes, there's something wrong with that. When you have to get many many years of approvals to build a new SR520 bridge and SR99 roadway, something is wrong with how liberals get things done here. Why haven't they fixed these problems? They don't want to....or they will drag their feet. Liberals want to force us all on mass transit. Seattle's traffic problem is a growing embarrassment. At least other cities try harder when it comes to freeway widening and building new freeways. Which brings me to another topic....why haven't they build the I-605? Yes, the Seattle area needs the I-605.

Interstate 605 (Washington)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_605_(Washington)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,216,629 times
rofl....best comedy post ever. +1

Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times
Liberals are willing to tax themselves to build interstates and more travel lanes. Over and over it is King County that supports transportation tax packages, unlike the conservative counties in the state.

It is liberals who are the ones approving all of the nickel gas taxes to build a third lane on I-5 between Olympia and Portland. It is liberals who voted for the gas taxes to improve the 405/520 interchange. It is liberals who are building a new, wider 520 with more lanes. It was liberals who added two spans and eight lanes to I-90 and widened it to North Bend. It was liberals who voted for the taxes to pay for the big improvements to the I-5/18 interchange, and it liberals who want to complete 509 and to build a more efficient interchange for freight traffic in Fife. It was liberals who are paying to straighten and widen I-90 across Snoqualmie Pass.

Conservatives whine when they are asked to approve a tax package to fund road improvements. They whine when Seattle and King County's population vote to put the taxes in place. They whine that WSDOT doesn't do anything while they are sitting in traffic caused by a construction project funded by the tax.

Put your money where your mouth is and support the next tax package for transportation improvements.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 AM

347 posts, read 669,953 times
There's plenty of blame to go around. Really the biggest problem in our society is people not informing themselves and letting others tell them what they should think and do...this happens in both political parties and laying blame on either liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans doesn't help the situation at all.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM

427 posts, read 431,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Liberals are willing to tax themselves to build interstates and more travel lanes. Over and over it is King County that supports transportation tax packages, unlike the conservative counties in the state.

It is liberals who are the ones approving all of the nickel gas taxes to build a third lane on I-5 between Olympia and Portland. It is liberals who voted for the gas taxes to improve the 405/520 interchange. It is liberals who are building a new, wider 520 with more lanes. It was liberals who added two spans and eight lanes to I-90 and widened it to North Bend. It was liberals who voted for the taxes to pay for the big improvements to the I-5/18 interchange, and it liberals who want to complete 509 and to build a more efficient interchange for freight traffic in Fife. It was liberals who are paying to straighten and widen I-90 across Snoqualmie Pass.

Conservatives whine when they are asked to approve a tax package to fund road improvements. They whine when Seattle and King County's population vote to put the taxes in place. They whine that WSDOT doesn't do anything while they are sitting in traffic caused by a construction project funded by the tax.

Put your money where your mouth is and support the next tax package for transportation improvements.
Congratulations for your advertisement for liberals, but nearly EVERYTHING you mentioned is YEARS late. None of the freeways around here can really support the population growth. So as you list all the accomplishments (which really aren't), most of us will STILL be stuck in traffic on a freeways and roads not built for todays needs. Congratulations.

Finally, since liberals have to tax everything to get anything done, why don't the liberals learn to budget and spend within their means. Ever heard of a budget? But I'm sure you heard of tolling. Learn to budget.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,080,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
Congratulations for your advertisement for liberals, but nearly EVERYTHING you mentioned is YEARS late. None of the freeways around here can really support the population growth. So as you list all the accomplishments (which really aren't), most of us will STILL be stuck in traffic on a freeways and roads not built for todays needs. Congratulations.

Finally, since liberals have to tax everything to get anything done, why don't the liberals learn to budget and spend within their means. Ever heard of a budget? But I'm sure you heard of tolling. Learn to budget.
You realize there's a politics forum where you can continue your petty partisan bickering amongst other like yourself?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyled View Post
There's plenty of blame to go around. Really the biggest problem in our society is people not informing themselves and letting others tell them what they should think and do...this happens in both political parties and laying blame on either liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans doesn't help the situation at all.
Thank you! Ds and Rs are great at getting people to snipe at each other over trivial nonsense. It's a great way to distract the populace while they both do their best to destroy the nation for their own personal ends.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 AM

110 posts, read 202,291 times
Try living in Houston if you enjoy copious amounts of of mega freeways and hodge podge development due to nearly nonexistent zoning restrictions. You can savor the splendor of conservatopia.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Anyone who has lived here for say 40 or more years knows that almost every highway package coming out of Olympia has had bipartisan support. This isn't even about liberals or conservatives. Its expensive to build roads in Western Washington. At least the Seattle area has mass transit and ways to get around other than in a car.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times
But the transportation packages put before the voters always pass handily in Seattle and fail in conservative areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area