Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:51 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times

Advertisements

If you want to see Asians who look like they could be on TV go to Vancouver BC the best of the best are able to live there. The average house is over 1 million they can afford whatever it takes to look good.

If you want white well Seattle is one hell of a good city for white women who are 2nd or 3rd looks at 1st sight. I never have had a time where I went out in public for a few hours and did not see hotties.

The whole world is full of beautiful yet lonely people. Just smile but not so much to scare anyone off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:50 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam95 View Post
I lived in Seattle for a couple of years. I guess it depends on what you like. Seattle has a Scandinavian influence. Seattle also is a very healthy city. So if you like blonde hair and blue eyes, this definitely is the place for you. There is also a large Asian community, if you like that. At the end of the day though, I think it's all subjective.
Liam, you may have lots of Scandinavian friends and family, I can tell by your name. But you guys make up a tiny tiny proportion of the population now. If I recall, those with at least 50% Scandinavian in them is less than 1/2 of 1% in Seattle.

I think Seattle use to be not an attractive city, at least in the standard Hollywood way. Lots of grungy type of people. But as the city grows and becomes more wealthy, the beauty standard is lifted, again in Hollywood type of standard.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:11 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
So funny it's true. Get to know us, we are straight up gorgeous. Some great stuff here, Pemco's classic Pac NW profiles: PEMCO Wally, We're a Lot Like You, a Little Different

Last edited by homesinseattle; 10-27-2017 at 10:22 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 10:44 AM

415 posts, read 490,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Liam, you may have lots of Scandinavian friends and family, I can tell by your name. But you guys make up a tiny tiny proportion of the population now. If I recall, those with at least 50% Scandinavian in them is less than 1/2 of 1% in Seattle.

I think Seattle use to be not an attractive city, at least in the standard Hollywood way. Lots of grungy type of people. But as the city grows and becomes more wealthy, the beauty standard is lifted, again in Hollywood type of standard.
By now there are almost certainly many more Asians or even East Africans than Scandies. The Nordic dominance is by now a myth. Nevertheless one probably will find more "blonde" types around Seattle than in metro NYC for example where Jewish & Italian ethnicities are more dominant. Nowadays "blonde" doesn't mean much anymore anyways. All those Jersey Shore girls can get a little chemical help to get a little ersatz "blonde" fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worth mentioning is a particular genus or tribe that is disproportionately prevalent in Seattle.

These are drawn like moths to a flame by Seattle liberal & "tolerant" milieu. Perhaps also the freely available drugs... Granted, these are just college kids, but after spending a few years in Seattle, they're just older, fatter and have accumulated even more outrageous tattoos or extreme body mods to show their fealty to their tribe. Finally their bitterness & surliness have grown, because they're growing impatient for the Revolution that's long been promised them.

Beauty is skin-deep, but ugly goes to the bone.

Orwell said that we eventually get the face we deserve.
This may be superficial, but there's certainly a deep truth to it.
Eventually bitterness, hate & inhumanity are as indelible & legible in one's face as vitality, hope, cheer and generosity of spirit are.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax;49948484[B
]By now there are almost certainly many more Asians or even East Africans than Scandies.[/b] The Nordic dominance is by now a myth. Nevertheless one probably will find more "blonde" types around Seattle than in metro NYC for example where Jewish & Italian ethnicities are more dominant. Nowadays "blonde" doesn't mean much anymore anyways. All those Jersey Shore girls can get a little chemical help to get a little ersatz "blonde" fun.

I lived in a neighborhood that had some North Africans, East Africans, and a few NE Africans. Also, a high percentage of Near Easterners. The presence of a mosque in the neighborhood probably attracted them out there, along with the affordable real estate, the large number of starter-home-sized properties. The honest-to-goodness Scandies I've known who were born and raised in Seattle were not blond. They had dark hair. You wouldn't know they're Scandies by looking at them or talking to them.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:02 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
By now there are almost certainly many more Asians or even East Africans than Scandies. The Nordic dominance is by now a myth. Nevertheless one probably will find more "blonde" types around Seattle than in metro NYC for example where Jewish & Italian ethnicities are more dominant. Nowadays "blonde" doesn't mean much anymore anyways. All those Jersey Shore girls can get a little chemical help to get a little ersatz "blonde" fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worth mentioning is a particular genus or tribe that is disproportionately prevalent in Seattle.

These are drawn like moths to a flame by Seattle liberal & "tolerant" milieu. Perhaps also the freely available drugs... Granted, these are just college kids, but after spending a few years in Seattle, they're just older, fatter and have accumulated even more outrageous tattoos or extreme body mods to show their fealty to their tribe. Finally their bitterness & surliness have grown, because they're growing impatient for the Revolution that's long been promised them.

Beauty is skin-deep, but ugly goes to the bone.

Orwell said that we eventually get the face we deserve.
This may be superficial, but there's certainly a deep truth to it.
Eventually bitterness, hate & inhumanity are as indelible & legible in one's face as vitality, hope, cheer and generosity of spirit are.

Hmm, who's the bitter one here?

Old 10-27-2017, 02:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Treu, you sound depressed. I haven't run into bitterness, hate or inhumanity in Seattle, nor have I taken on those traits. I'm worried about you, now.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:59 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Treu, you sound depressed. I haven't run into bitterness, hate or inhumanity in Seattle, nor have I taken on those traits. I'm worried about you, now.
Don't waste your time Ruth.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:53 AM

247 posts, read 198,157 times
I've seen many beautiful women around Seattle every time that I have visited. I enjoy seeing women dressed as they like from ultra feminine to plain, androgynous, grungy, tattooed, barbie, butch... whatever they want. My city Victoria (Canada) is similar in that way on a smaller scale. And I agree with an earlier post that there are many gorgeous Asian women in Vancouver.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:15 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's...Kurt Cobain.

The Seattle climate is also easier for us. In other states I can sunburn walking to the car but Seattle is perfectly comfortable 90+% of the time.
just the opposite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area