Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 PM

17 posts, read 23,000 times

Advertisements

Kurt Cobain was famous partly because he was good-looking - he had a very good face and eyes. No matter how grungy you look, if you have a good face, you're going to be well-liked, with lots of friends and dating prospects. To many people, a grungy or alt look is much more appealing than a mainstream, plasticky LA look. Seattle is full of those subcultures that prefer an alt look as opposed to a mainstream, clean-cut look.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
not mostly dumpy dreary like the city and weather

Old 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
not mostly dumpy dreary like the city and weather
Accurate

Old 01-17-2018, 01:51 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Why would we be different from elsewhere? Is the rain going to melt our faces?

Old 01-17-2018, 02:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Why would we be different from elsewhere? Is the rain going to melt our faces?
lol If anything, you'd think with significant Scandi influence, it might be a town of "beautiful people". But Seattle, like much of the West Coast, is informal. People don't dress up, a lot of women aren't into makeup, so people expecting otherwise (East Coasters, anyone? LA-ites?) tend to be disappointed. At one point, I got kind of tired, I must admit, of so many people looking like they'd just returned from hiking the Cascades or the Olympics. The only thing missing from their "outfits" were the backpacks.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:45 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Seattle and Tacoma have a lot of beautiful girls because of their Scandinavian genes. Scandinavian people are probably some of the best looking people in the world and which is why Seattle has so many attractive, yet pale looking people who are more native. Norwegian , Swedish, Danish, Germanic and Dutch people are fairly attractive. These are the dominant ethnic groups of Caucasians in the Pacific Northwest. At least, it use to be, before the huge migration of Californians and East Coast people.

THe girls are very attractive in my opinion, but they are just so timid, shy and reserved that it kind of makes it difficult to hook up with them and their personalities are very unsexy. The women here kind of don't know how to act very feminine and it also re-shapes how many view them. As well, a lot of the women here are tomboyish which also is unattractive to many men. Women in Scandinavia are much more joyous and outgoing than the more reserved, old-fashioned American Scandinavians we have in the Northwest and the MIdwest (like Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc).

However, some of the most beautiful Heidis and Helgas in our country are located here in the Puget Sound. I find the multi-generation people who grew up in places like Bellingham, Ballard, Tacoma, Olympia, etc to be among some of the most beautiful people on the Earth. Yes, they dress like slobs, have tattoos, piercings, are pale and some have beer guts (not so sexy on a woman) and can seem unattractive at first glance, but if you can look past that you can see they have really good genetics and if they would get in shape, tan a little bit, dress up nicer, look a bit more fashionable you would see how beautiful these women are.

My theory is if native (as in Scandinavian settlers) Puget Sound women were to dress up, act a bit more feminine and sexy, as well as be more in-shape like women in Miami, they would be even more beautiful.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM

135 posts, read 164,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Seattle and Tacoma have a lot of beautiful girls because of their Scandinavian genes. Scandinavian people are probably some of the best looking people in the world and which is why Seattle has so many attractive, yet pale looking people who are more native. Norwegian , Swedish, Danish, Germanic and Dutch people are fairly attractive. These are the dominant ethnic groups of Caucasians in the Pacific Northwest. At least, it use to be, before the huge migration of Californians and East Coast people.

THe girls are very attractive in my opinion, but they are just so timid, shy and reserved that it kind of makes it difficult to hook up with them and their personalities are very unsexy. The women here kind of don't know how to act very feminine and it also re-shapes how many view them. As well, a lot of the women here are tomboyish which also is unattractive to many men. Women in Scandinavia are much more joyous and outgoing than the more reserved, old-fashioned American Scandinavians we have in the Northwest and the MIdwest (like Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc).

However, some of the most beautiful Heidis and Helgas in our country are located here in the Puget Sound. I find the multi-generation people who grew up in places like Bellingham, Ballard, Tacoma, Olympia, etc to be among some of the most beautiful people on the Earth. Yes, they dress like slobs, have tattoos, piercings, are pale and some have beer guts (not so sexy on a woman) and can seem unattractive at first glance, but if you can look past that you can see they have really good genetics and if they would get in shape, tan a little bit, dress up nicer, look a bit more fashionable you would see how beautiful these women are.

My theory is if native (as in Scandinavian settlers) Puget Sound women were to dress up, act a bit more feminine and sexy, as well as be more in-shape like women in Miami, they would be even more beautiful.

Hmm. I love women of Scandinavian descent, but Seattle is one of the least attractive cities I have lived in or spent time in. For instance, Chicago and Minneapolis have a lot of people of Scandianvian and German descent, and the quality of women is stunning. NYC is much more diverse, but it goes without saying that it's incredible.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:51 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance2Tech View Post
Hmm. I love women of Scandinavian descent, but Seattle is one of the least attractive cities I have lived in or spent time in. For instance, Chicago and Minneapolis have a lot of people of Scandianvian and German descent, and the quality of women is stunning. NYC is much more diverse, but it goes without saying that it's incredible.
Pretty sure they are the same genetics and beauty, but just much worse presentation. I was in Tacoma yesterday, a place where people say the women are ugly. However, going to the various bars and going around town, I was shocked at how gorgeous many of the girls were there. So many of the girls have very attractive faces, nice round and curvy figures, nice booties and long legs. However, at first glance, wearing jeans, tyed dye shirt, sweatshirt , beanie or whatever typical Northwest attire you would think they are scrubby or unkept. Almost every other girl in Tacoma is blonde, redhead, brunette with blue/green eyes. There is also a lot of attractive African American women in Tacoma with mixed genetics. I find lighter complected black women to be some of the most beautiful as well. Many of them use minimal make-up and they do not have a very feminine, flirtatious or outgoing personality like women from other places. I think a lot of the women don't really know how to be women and in this gender-egalitarian, asexual, politically correct, socially/behaviorally doctored and sexually repressed society you will find that both men and women cannot figure out gender roles and how they are suppose to behave. Will flirting and being man-like result in a charge of discrimination or sexual abuse? If a woman acts sexy and feminine will she be thought of as slutty and compromising the progress of the female gender to utopian state of equality?

The Northwest and extending out to Montana and Wyoming are all very tomboyish cultures of women. Considering that this area is more geared towards men and there is a much large percentage of men, I find that many women try to blend in and behave man-like. Prior to being the head of the tech industry, the Northwest has a large number of loggers, outdoorsman, survivalists, fisherman, military and of course, the pioneer descendants. The NOrthwest always was a place that attracted men and was a bit rigorous to survive, being so isolated and far from the rest of the country. Oregon and Washington were not much different than Montana back 50 to 60 years ago and some of the element of the culture is alive. Although, now we have a politically correct, ultra-leftist tilt in the urban areas that makes things more confusing.

The behavior coupled with the lack of presentation, where women will dress almost man-like will reduce women's sexual appeal to a man, drastically. Seriously, what woman on this earth looks hot in a sweatshirt?

What you see in Chicago and Minneapolis is probably the result of these women with good genetics actually acting and dressing more like women. It makes a huge difference.

Take Pamela Anderson in her younger years, get rid of the boob job, tan, remove the makeup, put a hoodie or flannel on her and some sweatpants and you may be surprised to see she is just another non-impressive looking Northwest girl.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 01-23-2018 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-23-2018, 02:48 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
I find lighter complected black women to be some of the most beautiful as well.

Yes indeed. Its about time the sisters get more more attention in the media.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160310022626

http://ethnicelebs.com/wp-content/up...me-397x600.jpg

Old 01-23-2018, 02:59 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Seattle is currently ranked as the fourth-fittest city in the US. Miami doesn't even make the top 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area