Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 03:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,581 times

Advertisements

Definitely bad officiating on the BLATANT missed PI in the end zone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 04:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Seahawks are toast. They were all talking about bringing back Marshawn Lynch on sports shows this morning. Why not bring backG Brian Bosworth too while we're at it?

Go Hawkses. And take the Ms with you!!!
Funny I just happened to hear Brian Bosworth interviewed yesterday by Dori Monson. He said that he has had over 30 surgeries, and as it happens was scheduled for another knee surgery today (Monday).

When I posted the above I had know idea what was going on with him. Years ago I knew a lady who worked at a convenience store near the Seahawks training camp in Kirkland. She told me that Bosworth drove a Corvette that he would gun loudly in the parking lot, and generally was a jerk. She had to put him in his place several times.

No it seems he has found Jesus, and seems to have greatly reformed. Good for him.

PS--over 30 surgeries?? I think LeBron James has it exactly right--he said would not allow any of his sons to play the game.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Funny I just happened to hear Brian Bosworth interviewed yesterday by Dori Monson. He said that he has had over 30 surgeries, and as it happens was scheduled for another knee surgery today (Monday).

When I posted the above I had know idea what was going on with him. Years ago I knew a lady who worked at a convenience store near the Seahawks training camp in Kirkland. She told me that Bosworth drove a Corvette that he would gun loudly in the parking lot, and generally was a jerk. She had to put him in his place several times.

No it seems he has found Jesus, and seems to have greatly reformed. Good for him.

PS--over 30 surgeries?? I think LeBron James has it exactly right--he said would not allow any of his sons to play the game.

30 surgeries? He only played 24 games in the NFL.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:26 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
30 surgeries? He only played 24 games in the NFL.
Well that's what he said. IIRC the exact number was 36, so after his knee surgery today it would be 37.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:37 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
I was certainly disappointed in the result last night and the way the game ended. So close, once again. Shades of Super Bowl 2015. That said, there is some hope because the Hawks grab Philly in the wildcard round. The Eagles are NFC east champs, but are generally considered lucky to have that title, due to the Cowboys screwup on their field. A couple of odd calls by the HC last night, but I am certainly not ready to throw him under the bus. Marshawn not ready to go on the field for what would have been a probable win at the end is unacceptable. Who to blame? That gets a bit more complicated.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:44 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I agree that that's on Pete Carroll for not having his team ready in time. Horrible time for a delay of game penalty. This is going to be a fun ride - there were lots of positives last night. Let's build on them and improve even more. Russell Wilson is always looking for ways to improve. I think we have all the receivers he needs now, too.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:

I was shocked when I saw Boz raising the flag, he definitely got older, much like the rest of us. I remember he made a bad movie or two after he left the game, hadn't seen anything of him in a good 25 years.

I'm not surprised he was a jerk and good to hear he's reformed. My guess is his surgeries are a direct result of steroid and/or other enhancers back in his day.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:52 AM

Definitely bad officiating on the BLATANT missed PI in the end zone

Oh it was horrible. The nfl is cracked if they say they "reviewed it in the NYC office" in real time. They didn't stop the game to review it! Poppycock. They didn't review it at all!

This brings back thoughts of how we were robbed in Super Bowl 40 against Pittsburgh. Remember Rothelsburger's TD sneak? He was at least 6" short and the ref's arms flashed up for a TD. TD! What?

Thanks, nfl crew reffing the Dec.29, 2019 game in Seattle against the 49ers. You sent us instantly in to the wild card game. That molestation of our WR Jacob Hollister took a first and goal away from us that we would have scored from - for sure! The way Marshawn Lynch was running December 29th was plenty focused in to successfully jump in for the late go-ahead TD to win that game.

Oh well. Pete Carroll isn't sitting around wasting time having a pity party. He's busy at work preparing the Hawk's for the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, January 5th. We have played awesome on the road. Keep that in mind if you're contemplating betting against Seattle in that game.

Go Hawk's!

Old 12-31-2019, 09:14 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I agree that that's on Pete Carroll for not having his team ready in time. Horrible time for a delay of game penalty. This is going to be a fun ride
This has happened a few times this season and PC has given weird responses.

Pete, please start taking Gingko Biloba.

Position coaches need to be tuned up - it's uhh.....the NFL......

So amateur!!!

Old 12-31-2019, 10:00 AM

This has happened a few times this season and PC has given weird responses.

Pete, please start taking Gingko Biloba.

Position coaches need to be tuned up - it's uhh.....the NFL......

So amateur!!!

Yes. And since Pete Carroll's the Head Coach that delay of game penalty was his fault. Of course, the ref's catch that miscue but miss the more important non-call on the Jacob Hollister molestation in the end zone.

Yikes. If you remember the urgency Russell Wilson was displaying. Come on! Come on guys! Come on! It wasn't Russ' fault. Russell will get us over the Philly hump. But our coaching staff needs to work quickly in those situations. And getting a different refereeing crew for the Eagles game would help, too!

Go Hawks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area