Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 02:22 PM

2,047 posts, read 990,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
According to the article, there were. One couple that had taken a patient in was featured, and there were others. There was a photo of a happy family around the dinner table with their "guest".
LOL! That would make a great reality show. Possible titles:

Four's A Crowd (Three's Company)
Family Dies (Family Ties)
The Twilight Zone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2023, 06:05 PM

61 posts, read 39,864 times
They now have video of the guy - talking to himself before the crime. This should at least finally kill any talk of "maybe it was a doctor having a bad day!"

https://komonews.com/news/local/peop...y-investigatio

It was not a doctor. And every day he has is bad.

Old 10-03-2023, 06:39 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjorntheCold View Post
They now have video of the guy - talking to himself before the crime. This should at least finally kill any talk of "maybe it was a doctor having a bad day!"

https://komonews.com/news/local/peop...y-investigatio

It was not a doctor. And every day he has is bad.

Yeah, this guy would have been in a locked psych ward a few decades ago, oh well.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:25 PM

8 posts, read 3,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
You dont care for equity? OK then. Perhaps Nazi Germany or some other dictatorial country is more attractive to you? The United States of America was founded on the principle of equity, amongst other things.

For the record, what's happened to Seattle is horrible. Everyone thinks so, though some people refuse to believe that.

There are plenty of places in the United States that would be quite palatable to you. Just throw your stuff in the car and go. Many people have had to, and still do. You'd survive and even thrive. Again, many people do.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:59 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
What do you expect?

Hammers aren’t banned.
There’s no Universal Background Checks required to get a hammer.
There’s no permission slip…err conceal carry license required to hide a hammer on your person before you attack.
There’s no weight/mass capacity limit on how heavy your hammer can be, thus ensuring anyone can get an assault hammer.
No waiting period before taking possession of your hammer after buying it.
ding
plus, criminals don't care about that for firearms either. Still nutcases with weapons.

Old 10-05-2023, 08:49 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
In case this hasn't been posted previously:

"..Sound Transit has made efforts to hire more guards this year for its stations, but only 50 of 89 budgeted transit police posts were filled as of mid-2023, according to The Seattle Times..."

https://mynorthwest.com/3933289/hamm...ansit-station/

Old 10-05-2023, 09:54 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
You dont care for equity? OK then. Perhaps Nazi Germany or some other dictatorial country is more attractive to you? The United States of America was founded on the principle of equity, amongst other things.....................
As a immigrant, I have taken an oath to explain the Constitution and American history to native born Americans that are not taught history or the Constitution in their schools.

First, the countries founded on the principal of "EQUITY" were the Soviet Union, China, Cuba, and North Korea. There were a few others, but they followed the Soviet Union into the dustbin of history.

My family did the Soviet Union thing. Never again.

Trust me, the "EQUITY" principal did not work out well in those countries. I remember the shopping hours in the Soviet Union, giving entry by your STATUS within the Communist Party. Doesn't sound like they followed their OWN ideas about EQUITY.

Some PIGS are more equal than other animals, as noted, in the book Animal Farm. The animals were concerned about equity, but it did not work out that way. If you want to understand why "EQUITY" doesn't work, read Animal Farm.

BUT, back to the United States of America. It was founded on protecting the rights of the "minority" from the Government. Granted that minority was rich and concerned about protecting its wealth from the rabble.

But eventually that principal extended to other minorities, offering protection from the government.

America is about equal opportunity, not "equity". Lots of Americans have forgotten that or NEVER learned it in the first place, like you.

Move to North Korea, China or Cuba and see how that "EQUITY" thing works out in real life. You really do need to move there.

It won't take long for you to embrace America after that so don't turn in your American passport.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:56 AM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Without knowing any details of this incident, it seems to me that other riders should have jumped to the aid of these folks, taken away the hammer, kicked the guy in the nuts and thrown him off the train.

There's strength in numbers and we need to look out for each other. Unfortunately it entails taking a bit of risk ourselves.
If I ever return to a deep blue city like Seattle, which I do not plan on doing, the last thing I would do is go out on a limb and get involved in a situation like the one you are describing.

I am a white male and a Republican. Getting involved would risk getting criminally charged by the left wing lunatics in charge of the district attorney's office. Getting involved would subject me to a civil suit by the perpetrator or his family members, and the deep blue juries would love nothing more than to ruin my life, even if I did try and help someone.

Sad but true. These places are beyond hope. Move out and avoid them forever. That's what I did when I left Baltimore in 2020, and my life has been immeasurably better ever since.

Old 10-05-2023, 11:54 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If I ever return to a deep blue city like Seattle, which I do not plan on doing, the last thing I would do is go out on a limb and get involved in a situation like the one you are describing...
I trust that no DA or jury in the country, regardless of location, would go after me for doing the right thing.

Politicizing such an act seems absurd to me.

Old 10-05-2023, 11:59 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If I ever return to a deep blue city like Seattle, which I do not plan on doing, the last thing I would do is go out on a limb and get involved in a situation like the one you are describing.

I am a white male and a Republican. Getting involved would risk getting criminally charged by the left wing lunatics in charge of the district attorney's office. Getting involved would subject me to a civil suit by the perpetrator or his family members, and the deep blue juries would love nothing more than to ruin my life, even if I did try and help someone.

Sad but true. These places are beyond hope. Move out and avoid them forever. That's what I did when I left Baltimore in 2020, and my life has been immeasurably better ever since.
Got to get past this black and white thinking. All cities/urban areas have good and bad parts. My wife is from Baltimore area originally. I like it a lot back there but there are also some scary no go parts of town. Facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area