Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
RAT RAT started this thread

7 posts, read 38,882 times

Advertisements

Any experts out there on the subject.

Rural King Co. on 5 acres. And they are trying to dictact that our gravel is not deep enough, to be considered improved surface.

With all the rain we have and plus being on sloped property the sooty type mud comes up in the gravel or washes onto it or something. Makes 6 inch deep gravel look like a skif of gravel cuz vegitation now grows on it.

The King Co. person also would show up unannounced and walk around peering through my privacy slats in my fence. I felt like my privacy was totally violated. One time it scared me. Didn't know who it was. They had their face up against my fence peering through the slats in the fence.

Just about had it with King Co. City living is not the same and should not be empossed on those who choose to live in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 PM

454 posts, read 906,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT View Post
Any experts out there on the subject.

Rural King Co. on 5 acres. And they are trying to dictact that our gravel is not deep enough, to be considered improved surface.

With all the rain we have and plus being on sloped property the sooty type mud comes up in the gravel or washes onto it or something. Makes 6 inch deep gravel look like a skif of gravel cuz vegitation now grows on it.

The King Co. person also would show up unannounced and walk around peering through my privacy slats in my fence. I felt like my privacy was totally violated. One time it scared me. Didn't know who it was. They had their face up against my fence peering through the slats in the fence.

Just about had it with King Co. City living is not the same and should not be empossed on those who choose to live in the country.
Slide some more details my way. (I'm not an expert). Are you building, is it a shared easement, do you have photos or video of the work being done.

The horor stories out of King county are too numerous to mention.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:09 AM

291 posts, read 710,700 times
So KingCo wants you to improve your driveway...
and any improvement increases your assessed value...
so they can increase your property taxes?
What a deal!

Is this new construction/alteration? And I thought existing stuff was exempt from retroactive code enforcement. Silly me!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 AM

Default King Co.

No, there is no building of new of anything. It is just our old home on 5 acres that we have been in for a little over 10 years now.

Some busy body up the street has had it in for anyone that has moved onto this dead end street after him. He sends letters to the county about everyone that lives on the street that he doesn't like. About 4 of us he has been doing this too. about 5 years ago when the county stopped listening to him he got our next door neighbor to start signing the letters of complaint. Needless to say the county fined us $5,000. for too many cars on unemproved surface. The king co. dude told my husband all was fine and to just ignor the letters since they are formality. My husband had just had surgery and couldn't move the cars at the time. Then all of a sudden we got fined. Well we got rid of most the cars. The co. guy signed off that we were in compliance.

Now all of a sudden the jerk up the street is doing his crap again. Now it is a woman comming out for the county. Same cars as we had all along that we were found to be in compliance and OK, but this B***** says we don't have enough gravel now. We got rid of some more cars, that were potentially worth alot, older vintage trucks, to appease her. She said that was good we did that. Now all of a sudden we got the certified letter they are going to fine us again and impose $80. per day the first month then $180. the following and then contract someone to move them for us.

I just can not understand how we can no longer be in compliance when nothing has changed from when one person found we were incompliance. We don't have the money to bring in more gravel let alone fight them. It would take about $1500. or more of gravel to cover the areas she wants more gravel to be 4 inch deep of fresh gravel. Every single neighbor next to me park on less gravel than us. It just doesn't seem right that they single out someone just because some old fart is bored and likes to harrass people by using the county.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodFarlee View Post
So KingCo wants you to improve your driveway...
and any improvement increases your assessed value...
so they can increase your property taxes?
What a deal!

Is this new construction/alteration? And I thought existing stuff was exempt from retroactive code enforcement. Silly me!

I am already paying almost $4000. per year. And it isn't even a nice house.

No building of new. Just a 5 acres single family property that is fully chainlink fenced in. the Street side 360 feet is all with privacy slats even. For people to look it they need to be staring. Dead end street so not a lot of traffic except for residents.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,276 times
Default Draconian King Co

King county is out of control and the horror stories are increasing at an alarming rate, The rural property owner is being singled out disproportionately. There various groups fighting for property owners rights, porprights.org, narlo.org are two that help those in king co. It is an uphill battle though because of a lack of funding. King co of course has endless funding from our tax $ to trounce the little guy and they love to do it, make no mistake of that.

These folks can be fought if one has bags of $ which usually is not the case with those targeted by King co's draconian methods.

King co does not recognize anything as grandfathered unless it was permitted by them sometime in the past. They even have the audacity to demand the removal of moss from roofs is rural king co.

The new code enforcement gal is an ex cop and goes by the letter and cuts no one any slack. The prior fella was good to work with and had a heart which is not the case now.

A gal I am familiar with in rural king co will have to sell her place because of fines from the county for not getting all the junk ( treasures depending on perspective) from her yard.

If folks don't get together and fight this collectively king co will win and those rural inhabitants will just continue to be targeted and harassed.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,971 times
Default King Communist County

I am a rural property owner in south King county. The only way to fight this growing green tryanny coming out of Seattle, Olympia and back east is to join your local property rights groups. There are 1500 rural private property owners being ticketed a year for nonsense charges by King County DDES.

Go to Citizens' Alliance for Property Rights Home Page and join Citizens Alliance for Property Rights (CAPR) and come to our monthly meetings. This is a rapidly growing group of brillent no nonsense rural and some urban private property owners organizing to fight back. We have the help and names and numbers of the best land use law firms available in the NW and national.

Also go to The National Association of Rural Landowners National Association of Rural Land Owners. Subscribe to Ron Ewart's must have newsletter.

You may also go to my site under construction and view the few pages that are near complete and see for yourself how your most basic rights have been taken. Untitled Document I will try to update the sight and include my email so those of you who want to recieve my email research may let me know.

At the national level go to Good Neighbor Law - Welcome and Welcome to American Policy Center to become more involved. We must fight on many fronts.

I am a retired Boeing engineer and have been researching this massive taking of our property and unalienbable rights for near 4 years. Not only is the research shocking but it is near unbelievable what is going on. You do not see it, UNLESS YOUR OX IS GORED.

There is a growing grass roots movement of researchers digging up the truth around this ever expanding picture of debauchery of our state and individual sovereignty since day 1, i.e. 1776.

In order to understand how they are stealing your properyt at the local level you must connect enough of the dots and pieces of the puzzle to see the big picture. I am no conspiracy type. I am about as left brain an engineer as you can find and I have corroberated all of this. I have done years of due diligence to validate all of this and I still do not have my arms around the story. It is massive and iceberg like. What you see is only the tip and what you are "allowed" to see is only a portion of the dark mass that lies much further below the water line so to speak.

1. The 16th Amendment was fraudulently ratified, i.e. they never had the 3/4 of the then 48 states to pass but they did anyway

2. The 14th Amendment was fraudulently ratified

3. The original 13th Amendment is missing, it still is in debate whether it was ratified or not.

4. The Federal Reserve Act was unconstitutionally passed

5. There is no law that says you have to pay an "income" tax

6. Property taxes are unconstitutional and have been declared do in at least 4 states by the HIGH COURTS

7. Also go to this site Supreme Law Firm Learn as much as you can absorb as fast as you can. You are the judge and jury to decide if you are enslaved or free and then you decide whose fault it is.

You must read "The Creature From Jeckyl Island" by Edward Griffin. this is the story of how the central bankers got between our government and us.

Also you must view "America - Freedom To Fascism" DOCUMENTARY by Aaron Russo.

Also go here REPUBLIC MAGAZINE | VOICE OF THE PATRIOT MOVEMENT*-*REPUBLIC MAGAZINE | VOICE OF THE PATRIOT MOVEMENT and get on their email news list and subscribe to their magazine.

The Founding Fathers intent was for the natural born state Citizens to be free and sovereign as in no taxes upon them or their private property. Taxes were upon indirect sources from 1776 to 1913 before they debauched the system completely. The governments at all levels were mandated and expected to live within a very very limited budget of INDIRECT TAXES.

The federal government jurisdiction is called the Federal Zone, e.g. the U.S. territories. D.C. and military bases, et al. State, county and cities were never ever meant to breech and trespass into private property, i.e. your wages, your vehicles, your home, land, water, privacy, etc.

Read the Declaration of Independence AGAIN AND LEARN WHY WE REVOLTED FROM KING GEORGE III AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION ALL OVER AGAIN WITH KING COMMUNIST COUNTY AND WASHINGTON STATE AND THE UNITED STATES.

Another layer or shroud of taking has been placed over us by incorporation of government, i.e. the municipal corporation. They did this for many reasons, one of which was to get around the laws of the land and or Constitution.

Jacksranch
King Communist County
Washington
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area