Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times

Advertisements

Seattle IMO can be a good place to live. Out of all of the metro areas I have lived in, Seattle is my favorite. Everyone has different experiences, good and bad.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:34 PM

15 posts, read 46,654 times
Default neighborhoods for biracial family

This is a very helpful thread. We are an ethnically mixed family considering moving to Seattle next year. What neighborhoods would anyone recommend for an urban executive family?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
This is a very helpful thread. We are an ethnically mixed family considering moving to Seattle next year. What neighborhoods would anyone recommend for an urban executive family?
Mount Baker
Seward Park
Madison Valley
Central District
Capitol Hill
Leschi
Madrona
Madison Park

Old 12-21-2007, 09:47 AM

15 posts, read 46,654 times
Mount Baker
Seward Park
Madison Valley
Central District
Capitol Hill
Leschi
Madrona
Madison Park

This is great. How about Queen Anne? What about public and private schools in these neighborhoods? Are all of these places pretty walkable? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 PM

142 posts, read 558,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
You will fit in just fine in almost any neighborhood you choose in your economic level. I would suggest though, that you don't buy the first 6 months or year. I know it's tempting when you see a bargin come along, but fight it. This will give you a chance to see which area really suits your family. Seattle is a collection of villages and each has it's own flavor. You just need to see what yours is going to be.

But regardless of where you live, you will find racially mixed families, even if not in large numbers, and I think you will find that people are generally more accepting here. While it is not perfect, Seattle is more progressive than a lot of areas.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,442 times
Default Black Seattle

There are plenty of us black folks out here!

Black Seattlites:

Qiuncy Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Sir mix a lot
Corey Dillon
Jason Terry
Brandon Roy
Doug Christie
Nate Robinson
Martell Webster
Nate burleson
Aaron Brooks
Michael Dickerson
Terry Metcalf
Joyce Walker
Clint Richardson
Jamal Crawford
James Hasty

Just to name a few!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:13 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbiaCity View Post
There are plenty of us black folks out here!

Black Seattlites:

Qiuncy Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Sir mix a lot
Corey Dillon
Jason Terry
Brandon Roy
Doug Christie
Nate Robinson
Martell Webster
Nate burleson
Aaron Brooks
Michael Dickerson
Terry Metcalf
Joyce Walker
Clint Richardson
Jamal Crawford
James Hasty

Just to name a few!
I'm not sure this list really proves anything? Jimi's gone and aren't alot of these sports pro's? Michael Dickerson...lol...I went to high school with him.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:18 AM

161 posts, read 559,951 times
Is this post too late? I also was raised in WA ( Seattle) but spent summers in the Bronx! So culture shock it is. I think the AA community is small yet very active. Ive never had any problems and many of my friends are multiracial.

It was just me and another AA girl growing up who did rodeo. Yeah its not the norm,but you get used to it. Also I never had problems with doing that either.

You will love the summers, the greenery, the mountains, the water and the overbearing access to coffee every ten feet.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What is it about Spokane(other than demographics) that would make it not so good?
They, like most of us, don't like cold weather.

Last edited by IndianGiver; 12-29-2007 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-30-2007, 04:28 PM

655 posts, read 2,202,488 times
I've been trying to find a place to move to for a few months now. I think I'd have more of an issue with the weather and cost of living than the lack of black people. That is a concern though.

Thanks for the informative thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area