Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
...Washington ranks #48 out of 51 for extroversion while AZ ranks 24.
Hopefully, the majority of people are extroverts. Imagine the day the last extrovert leaves Seattle: No traffic jams, no crowded streets, best property available to the few who stayed very cheaply... Imagine clean ocean and lakes, salmon, orca whales and bald eagles returning to their habitat, open spaces... I know, extroverts' exodus continues even while I am writing these words... Guys, who have the statistics: How many extroverts leave Seattle every minute? How many days, months, maybe even years (?) should pass until Seattle is extrovertsfree? Am I just dreaming? PLEASE DON'T WAKE ME UP...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 02:56 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,059,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Hopefully, the majority of people are extroverts. Imagine the day the last extrovert leaves Seattle: No traffic jams, no crowded streets, best property available to the few who stayed very cheaply... Imagine clean ocean and lakes, salmon, orca whales and bald eagles returning to their habitat, open spaces... I know, extroverts' exodus continues even while I am writing these words... Guys, who have the statistics: How many extroverts leave Seattle every minute? How many days, months, maybe even years (?) should pass until Seattle is extrovertsfree? Am I just dreaming? PLEASE DON'T WAKE ME UP...
I am not really sure what your point is. How would anyone have the statistics about who leaves. It's not as if the DMV gives you a Meyers Briggs assessment when you turn in your plates. Read the WSJ article for how they measured the information if you want more information. If Seattle is mostly made up of introverts, they are big part of the overcrowding.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I am not really sure what your point is. How would anyone have the statistics about who leaves. It's not as if the DMV gives you a Meyers Briggs assessment when you turn in your plates. Read the WSJ article for how they measured the information if you want more information. If Seattle is mostly made up of introverts, they are big part of the overcrowding.
It was supposed to be a joke. I will check the assessment. What was his name, you said - Meyers WSJ Briggs?

Old 12-09-2008, 04:53 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,059,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
It was supposed to be a joke. I will check the assessment. What was his name, you said - Meyers WSJ Briggs?
Yah, humor is sometimes hard to pick up on these threads. That's the problem with boards or even email, tone can sometimes be misinterpreted. One time I thought I was being witty and some poster accused me of being miserable and attributed all sorts of personality disorders to me. "Clearly," I thought, "it's obvious I was joking" So I am careful with my joking on this site now

Old 12-09-2008, 05:33 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
They all moved back to AZ
That, or they just never moved here in the first place.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yah, humor is sometimes hard to pick up on these threads. That's the problem with boards or even email, tone can sometimes be misinterpreted. One time I thought I was being witty and some poster accused me of being miserable and attributed all sorts of personality disorders to me. "Clearly," I thought, "it's obvious I was joking" So I am careful with my joking on this site now
Yes, Jenny, you're right. Over the net, people "say" things they would never say in person. Too bad. But there is quite a bunch of nice people on this forum. Those are ones who count. Those are ones who understand jokes, too.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
I'm one of the nice ones, but I agree that Seattle should kick out the extraverts!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm one of the nice ones, but I agree that Seattle should kick out the extraverts!
why bother, looks like they are leaving anyway...

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,060 times
Quote:
I think it's fair to write that some people that move from AZ love it here (see above) and some do not (see the first post on this controversial thread //www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...-am-ready.html)

I think if you can handle the weather and you're not an extrovert, you may like it quite a lot. Certainly there are regional 'cultures' all over this country. I've never lived in AZ so I am not sure what the prevailing culture tends toward. I think if it is more demonstrative and people are direct and someone moves from there and expects that here, I can imagine he or she would be really disappointed and want to move back.

Love is an understatement...it;s more like perpetual infatuation.

By the nature of Seattle being cloudy for at least 4 long months out of the year, I'd have to agree that the people are probably a bit more reclusive in seattle than the sun belt states (cali, AZ, florida, etc). I also think it might have to do with it being such a large IT center. I'm a developer so I know what a lot of IT people are like. However, for me, I get out a lot more in Seattle than in Arizona (phoenix) because I hate the god damn heat so much...rivers, alki beach, just being a tourist from the East Side in Seattle ;-), etc, are good enough to get me outside even if it's cloudy. My eyes are also sensitive to light, so the clouds are not only beautiful to me, but just what the doctor ordered, making me even more likely to get outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area