Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times

Advertisements

Only problem is that, when they "give back" a right, it isn't a right, it is a privilege. They are letting us know in increments that we have no rights, only privileges, granted at their whim - and taken away on the same whim. They are stealthily getting everyone used to the "privilege" idea while stoutly insisting that we have 'rights'.

Now they are threatening Social Security and VA benefits. It's all political gameplaying - if you do this, I will do this and this - quid pro quo and you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. If you raise the debt limit I won't raise taxes (as much), I won't do a balanced budget amendment because Mooney will threaten you with a credit check, on and on and on. I used to be up to my neck in that crap, made my living at it, and I know how it works. But even I, as downright dirty, evil, demanding, and manipulative as I used to be, am heartily disgusted by it; there's no more uncrossable lines. More - I am disgusted that most people don't see what is going on and how they are being played; fighting over pennies and personalities when their dollars are flying out the window. If you want to see something interesting, check out the list on the "Government Gone Wild" webpage of all of the Washington politicians who have MADE MONEY on the "recession". When they say, "I feel your pain" they are lying - they are causing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
While I hear the goobermint is thinkin' on 15% ethenol, yesterday I heard the idea of going back to straight gas is the new word.

I was seeking a coil for a 2 stroke cultivator and saw a lot of rubber parts damage on many small engines, due directly to ethenol. This ethenol has been bad news for ALL smallengine coun ting 4 stroke a good long time.

Ethenol eats pistons, ALL rubber parts which turn to black balls of mung, and will also eat vales in many small engine for lawn mower, tiller, cultivators, chain saws just everything.

In my past I have encountered rubber parts eatteern away many time, but yesterday with so many engines to see by a real small engine tech I was astonished. He will not long work on certain 2 stroke carbs, as they can't be repaired from the effects of ethenol.

This will cut out some of his way to earn a living as well. Turning down customers is a bad idea.

Also I have personally woked on these little carbs myself and found on both 2 and 4 stroke engines the fuel pump diaphrams dry out and curl up, which ends with no fuel pump ability.

The tech strongly reccomend a product known as Stable, but the Marine grade that has anti ethenol inhibitors. I hope to see the end of ethenol, not a 15% .

I can get real gas at one gas station, and when that is used on my 2006 Kawi Nomad MC , I gain 10% MPG's, which plainly tells me the 10% ethenol is costing me money and costing me mileage.

This MC gets 42/44 MPG's modified. Stock it got 32/35 MPG's. The mods were about getting MORE air, adding MORE fuel, letting waste air and out better, for more power. It came as a shock I got MORE MPG's by adding more fuel. And that's with ethenol gas.

Add 10% more MPGs to this and I am getting better than 50 MPG's.

This country is run by the inept.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Default Obama's rural council & executive order 13575

‪President Obama Executive Order 13575 Rural Councils‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
The most TERRIFYING words in the English Language.

"Hi, I'm from the Guvmint an I'm here to help you."

Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,633,948 times
I have said it before and I will say it again - ban lobbying on all levels. When you take the money away from the game, the people who are in it for the money automatically go away.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM

373 posts, read 635,541 times
Thumbs up That is in one of the original books on the New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
The most TERRIFYING words in the English Language.

"Hi, I'm from the Guvmint an I'm here to help you."
That is in one of the original books on the new deal, written in the 1930's from a Pro New Deal view. What is really hilarioius the government employee who was either there to handout free goodies curtesy of someone elses work, or planning to order farmer aroud.

The book was loaded with pictures of new buildings in DC that the author assurred us were filled with people who work all day to make out lives better.

The were dead serious, just like the nice people who ran the old Soviet Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness