Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:39 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times

Advertisements

clear you narrow minded view of freedom.

Soon I want you to think about a world without TV, running water and no power.
Government will not be there to help you, protect you, provide for you.
Think about 50% unemployment, how will you survive.
Welfare checks and SS checks will stop.

Don't ask why, how or when it will happen but it will happen soon, soon enough that you have a chance to prepare now. Its not a conspiracy you not need it to consume your life, you just need to look at what is going on around you.

While I wish and I hope things will clear themselves up, but based on facts and reality in this direction things are going it is going to get really bad for Americans.

1. Stock up on food and water, if you can get some buckets, and large water bottles fill them up and store them somewhere in your house.
2. If you dont have a gun get one, or more. stock up on bullets, and this is a just in case situation to protect yourself from the hordes of people who are not ready for what is coming.
3. understand within yourself what you are willing to live and die for, what you think is worth fighting for and what you believe to be in your heart the freedom to live your life without the government screwing it up.
4. Find some friends, REAL friends who will be their when it all happens who will be ready to come check on you, your family and theirs, to pull resources and or just keep your insanity.

Do those few things and I can't say everything will be perfect but you won't starve to death and you wont be in a place where you have to wait for bread lines and hoping to be saved by the UN or whatever government program they come up with "save you"

No matter how bad it is, remember one thing, this is America no matter what they try and take away from you remember your liberty should not be removed for the promise of food, and government shelter.
We have lost our spirit and our control of our own lives, our own way to provide for ourselves.
When the store shelves are empty you will see what America has become.

This is warning in the end those 4 things will help you not hurt you, they will give you the freedom you need to make GOOD decisions instead of day to day waiting for government handouts that will never come.

They cant protect the border, the economy is on the breaking point of crash (they know it you know it), disease ebola will not be controlled, wars, terrorism, to secure bridge was replaced with white flags, is this the illusion you want to continue to believe in find but we are not safe, we are not ready to take on anything. We are imploding from with in, by years and years of bad policy and generations of people dependent on modern technology. No power, no heat, no water lets see how fast American population is wiped out.

3 to 6 months of hell and things will start to settle down. After those 6 months what kind of government will we have.. of the people, by the people or of the government of the tyranny of the people. Freedom will be defined if you let it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 11:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Your amygdala must be HUGE!!

Well... I look at it like this. History has shown that empires, and great civilizations can and do fall from grace. Too many Americans have grown complacent in thinking "it can't happen here, because this 'Murica goddammit!" Well, if we use history as our guide, then we would understand that it is indeed possible. Let's take a look for a second. This country is writing checks that it's a** cannot cash! We have more Americans than ever on the government dole, and a growing faction of illegal immigrants receiving free stuff. In fact it's not free, because someone is paying for it! We spend way more on defense than any nation, not to mention playing the world cop. Thanks to NAFTA, brought to you by Bush 1 and signed into law by Clinton, as well as over-regulation, which pretty much chokes off the "little guy" further destroying competition, and the bullying tactics of unions, we are seeing more of our manufacturing jobs, and now high tech jobs leave our country in favor of cheaper labor, which is further erroding our middle class. Throw in those who have college debt with no means of paying it off, because there are only so many jobs to go around, other than flipping burgers. We as a nation are more divided than ever, because instead of folks coming here assimilating and become American citizens, they expect us to cater to them. Now call me crazy, but if I go to another country, would it be fair to say that I should have to learn their culture, their language, and their way of life in order to be successful. Why should I expect them to cater to me, an outsider? In a country with 315 million people it is impossible to sustain an already bloated and still growing in power federal government controlling all aspects of our lives. Maybe in Canada where your population is just over 35 million, and less than California's it can work, or in Denmark, or another country with a smaller population, but it can't work here. Not without destroying a significant part of the population that built this country (the middle class and small business). So, yes it very likely can happpen. I can tell you that should it happen it isn't going to boad well for you folks on the other side of the border either, as you'll be dealing with a ton of the fallout.

At any rate, I don't spend every waking moment thinking about it, and admittedly I'm not prepared were it to happen tomorrow. I do have a friend or two who are, and would help me if need be. But it is something to think about, and quite frankly I may start stocking up and preparing myself and my family more. If civil unrest comes to this country, I think I'll be able to handle it, or a Red Dawn scenario as well. If an asteroid were to hit the Earth, or a full scale nuclear war were to happen.... well then forget it, I wouldn't want to survive, and would basically stand right in the middle of it!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
when you forget your past, you are doomed to repeat it. the federal government has already been at this point in our nations past once already, and it is getting closer to repeating it again.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Soon I want you to think about a world without TV, running water and no power.
Government will not be there to help you, protect you, provide for you.
Think about 50% unemployment, how will you survive.
Welfare checks and SS checks will stop.
Good grief...do you need to tell us all on this forum what to do, to be prepared? Haven't you read any of the threads on this forum? This is the only place on C-D where you won't get an argument about this stuff. Not from most of us, anyway.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
#1 rant Looks like some sort of troll post to me. Google translation, perhaps?

And I'm working on my winter pantry right now.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:35 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
I just ate a sandwich and had a glass of iced tea, does that count?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:38 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
Also, "advice," not "advise."

Since your post is directed to "you Americans" instead of Americans or my fellow Americans, I am curious as to what country you are from.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:46 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times
My first thought when reading the original post was " is this some sort of terrorist type threat"?

Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
#1 rant Looks like some sort of troll post to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
My first thought when reading the original post was " is this some sort of terrorist type threat"?
Nope, its just another example of the looney preppers out there. That post is why so many look at preppers as a bunch of nut jobs. It also doesn't help that many "sensible preppers" have gone over to the looney side on occassion.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
this is all well and good, but most people do not live anywhere where they can hunt, tho there is rarely a real excuse for not having a few plants or a little garden. you can do it on a window sill if you are crafty.

but most of this doesn't speak to the vast majority of us who don't live in a rural area, or even near a rural area. sometimes when i read stuff like this i hear "they wanna protect themselves from the flood of people fleeing urban areas". because that is what would be happening.

ergo, most of us wouldn't be able to implement any of this. last time i checked, there are no deer in los angeles. coyotes, yeah. loads.

having said that, while it is always a good thing to keep your eye on the eagle, believing the government is gonna fall and we should all run to the hills is not the mindset i wanna have every second of my life. be prepared, yes. but being paranoid, being hyper-vigilant, means you aren't living your life. the idea is to LIVE YOUR LIFE, and if you are standing in your own way waiting for the big one, that makes no sense. just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness