Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:27 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times

Advertisements

I am most prepared...

to drink a lot.

Basically I am most prepared to rob and pillage from preppers. I can outgun most everyone, and I've got a line on a bunch of M-1 tanks if the S really HTF. Cause, the apocalypse doesn't mean diddly squat when you gotta tank, or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 12:33 AM

Hawaii - an island surrounded by the need for a fairly big BOAT! If things got bad in Hawaii I'd be first one to the marina and jack me a sweet sailboat.

Of course in Hawaii you are severely restricted in gun ownership, so probably everyone will die, except the natives on Niihau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
We currently live on an island, and ships can be delayed (strikes, natural disasters, particularly rough seas, etc.), and
I am best prepped for disruption of food and other commodities.

I have bottled water for a week to two weeks - could stretch to ~4 weeks if no relief was in sight after about 72 hours (I also have water limited purification capabilities) - food stuffs, - much of it can be eaten without cooking/prep, and other commodities to make things easier - TP, Paper plates, etc. My most likely scenario is a disruption of shipping for 2-3 weeks, or hurricanes, again disrupting services for 2-3 weeks (direct hit, and I am screwed, of course).

We are moving to MT and I figured we would do the food and commodities storage (probably extended out to ~ a year), I have a back up generator for covering electricity for a couple of weeks at a time, and a water source. We will be planting fruit trees and a fairly extensive vegetable garden, but I don't think we will get to self sufficiency on food (really trying to control additives and eat better, than trying to get completely off grid/self sustaining).

This week, however, the wildfires in the area (MT, not HI) caused evac orders for my area, so I think I also need to look at a bug out plan (probably a travel trailer) as a back up plan to just living remotely with stored food stuffs and commodities (which by itself protects me from a lot of disaster/disruption scenarios).

Old 08-30-2015, 01:30 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I am most prepared...

to drink a lot.

Basically I am most prepared to rob and pillage from preppers. I can outgun most everyone, and I've got a line on a bunch of M-1 tanks if the S really HTF. Cause, the apocalypse doesn't mean diddly squat when you gotta tank, or two.
good luck with that

Old 08-30-2015, 01:54 AM

^^^ LOL - Hey they asked my plan. I think it's a pretty good plan.

Last edited by jamies; 08-30-2015 at 02:14 AM..

Old 08-30-2015, 02:00 AM

ok folks, DONT FEED THE TROLL

Old 08-30-2015, 02:14 AM

^^^

PS Why am I a troll for planning to be a predator if the world ends.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:31 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Pillaging and looting are going to get you killed. Just so's you know.

Secondly ,unless it is a sudden event there won't be much to loot.
What doesn't get consumed right away will be rotten before you get there, especially if there is no one there to defend what's left.
Any one that has made the investment ,a survivalist , is going to be prepared for resistance as well.

The only reason this society has grown so much in population is because of farming , once the collapse begins farming will be gone right off the top.
No electricity, no water, no fuel, no horses to pull the plough, nor grain and water to feed them.

During the 29 depression a lot of animals disappeared with in months even days because of the ignorance in dealing with game meat and no refrigeration.
The only thing hunters are going to find in the woods is, other very hungry hunters.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:13 AM

most people who have given this subject even a modicum of thought realise that a slow collapse is the most realistic scenario, this may result in more people(initially) surviving, but more survivors will use up any remaining "resources" very quickly.
once the electricity grid goes down that is the end of "civilisation" for most people, very few will have the skills or knowledge, or indeed the will, to live without power.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
^^^

PS Why am I a troll for planning to be a predator if the world ends.
because thieves and looters wont last long post SHTF, you have been warned.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:35 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
There have been and will be more social breakdowns. There will be race wars. The results of race war should be positive, but in the meantime there will be social breakdowns, particularly in cities filled with ''teeming alien hordes'' as H.P. Lovecraft described them nearly a century ago. You're just as dead whether you're killed in a minor incident or a supernova.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness