Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 05:21 PM

4,415 posts, read 4,933,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I have to agree here.

Foreign wars are are all a scam
The wars are fought to maintain the USD as the world's reserve currency. US tax receipts barely bring in enough revenue to fund medicare and medicaid, part of the military budget- and nothing else. Can you imagine what our standard of living would be if we couldn't "print" and "borrow" the rest? The vital link is to make sure that the world's most traded commodity, energy, is only priced in USD. Look at the countries that don't exclusively accept USD (or their own) currency for oil: Venezuela, Russia, Iran, Libya, Syria, (Iraq started selling in Euros and we invaded shortly thereafter, they learned their lesson). It's not coincidence they are the "evil" countries. Saudi Arabia was able to fund Osama Bin Laden and supply 15 of the 19 hijackers of 9/11 and all we did was sell them more military hardware and pledge to continue protecting their oil fields. When Nixon took us off the gold standard the value of the dollar would have been nothing if Kissinger hadn't convinced the King of Saudi Arabia to price their oil only in USD by promising to protect their oil fields and sell them US weapons. SA was eventually able to leverage all of OPEC to agree, at least for awhile.

The writings in the Quran describe fiat currency as "Haram" (forbidden). US currency with "In God We Trust" makes USD fiat a double Haram. Getting primarily Muslim countries to only accept "forbidden" currency for their oil, which is considered a gift from Allah, was no easy task. Maintaining this "order" requires a powerful military and foreign policies that prevents that part of the world from ever getting along.

Juan Pablo Pérez Alfonzo, the architect of OPEC said of oil: "Ten years from now, twenty years from now, you will see, oil will bring us ruin... It is the devil's excrement."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 05:28 PM

565 posts, read 475,314 times
As more things start to happen I believe a lot of our brothers and sisters will start to form a more balanced view. Not sure what their financial situation is. Do they garden? Perhaps encouraging them to garden or have a few chickens etc for the purpose of helping others will appeal to them. One thing you might consider is getting a reliable yet inexpensive rifle, say an SKS along with a bandoleer of ammo and keeping it for your brother in law for the future. A you tube channel you might enjoy is viking preparedness with Pastor Joe Fox. He is Christian and has a Special Forces background. Psalm 144:1.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:20 PM

32,979 posts, read 36,484,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ill get together for all the fun stuff but its somewhat shocking to hear people say religious stuff. its so crazy, its like we have come so far technology wise and some people are a thousand years behind mentally when it comes to religion.
Shocking? Not really. There's always one.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:19 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,135,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I got Christmas gifts and Easter candy out of it, so I'm not complaining.
This thread really took an odd turn

Old 05-23-2020, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
The wars are fought to maintain the USD as the world's reserve currency. US tax receipts barely bring in enough revenue to fund medicare and medicaid, part of the military budget- and nothing else. Can you imagine what our standard of living would be if we couldn't "print" and "borrow" the rest? The vital link is to make sure that the world's most traded commodity, energy, is only priced in USD. Look at the countries that don't exclusively accept USD (or their own) currency for oil: Venezuela, Russia, Iran, Libya, Syria, (Iraq started selling in Euros and we invaded shortly thereafter, they learned their lesson). It's not coincidence they are the "evil" countries. Saudi Arabia was able to fund Osama Bin Laden and supply 15 of the 19 hijackers of 9/11 and all we did was sell them more military hardware and pledge to continue protecting their oil fields. When Nixon took us off the gold standard the value of the dollar would have been nothing if Kissinger hadn't convinced the King of Saudi Arabia to price their oil only in USD by promising to protect their oil fields and sell them US weapons. SA was eventually able to leverage all of OPEC to agree, at least for awhile.

The writings in the Quran describe fiat currency as "Haram" (forbidden). US currency with "In God We Trust" makes USD fiat a double Haram. Getting primarily Muslim countries to only accept "forbidden" currency for their oil, which is considered a gift from Allah, was no easy task. Maintaining this "order" requires a powerful military and foreign policies that prevents that part of the world from ever getting along.

Juan Pablo Pérez Alfonzo, the architect of OPEC said of oil: "Ten years from now, twenty years from now, you will see, oil will bring us ruin... It is the devil's excrement."
Yes. But the question is who is behind it all?

I know. Do you?

Old 05-23-2020, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
As more things start to happen I believe a lot of our brothers and sisters will start to form a more balanced view. Not sure what their financial situation is. Do they garden? Perhaps encouraging them to garden or have a few chickens etc for the purpose of helping others will appeal to them. One thing you might consider is getting a reliable yet inexpensive rifle, say an SKS along with a bandoleer of ammo and keeping it for your brother in law for the future. A you tube channel you might enjoy is viking preparedness with Pastor Joe Fox. He is Christian and has a Special Forces background. Psalm 144:1.

That is a possibility.

I guess I'll have to buy bulk bags of rice for them

Old 05-23-2020, 10:23 AM

9,035 posts, read 4,729,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
That is a possibility.

I guess I'll have to buy bulk bags of rice for them
Normally I don't give much heed to the following sources, but for nutrition, they are pretty good.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ne-but-many-do
https://www.consumerreports.org/heal...-good-for-you/

Old 05-23-2020, 03:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,790,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Shocking? Not really. There's always one.
i would say its pretty rare nowadays for me to encounter someone who talks about their religious beliefs. but im sure that varies greatly in different parts of the world and different groups of people. my wife's puerto rican family is most likely to say stuff in my life but i dont see them much except her mother. she is too busy badmouthing various leftists and praising trump to bother with religion.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:40 AM

661 posts, read 523,289 times
I have a question since a lot of preppers and survivalists happen to be Christian. What is the point for Christians prepping on Earth when they believe they are going to go to Heaven anyway?

Old 05-24-2020, 08:43 AM

9,035 posts, read 4,729,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I have a question since a lot of preppers and survivalists happen to be Christian. What is the point for Christians prepping on Earth when they believe they are going to go to Heaven anyway?
You know me this isn't going to be a one line answer

There are several answers to this question, and the ones I give you are all correct.
Other people may come up with more.

There is an old line:
Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to go today...

I have a running joke along this line:
I am going to be in Heaven for more than millions of years,
and if I stay around here for a few more years, I will still
be there for just as long. Since it isn't going to shorten my
stay in Heaven, I may as well stay here a little longer.

Religiously, we are to consider all human life precious (some go so far as to consider people precious even before they are here), and that would include our own. As our life is a gift from God, we are to value it, even to the point of attempting to prolong our life, as much as possible.

There are Christians among us, of course, whose faith is weak. They fear and dread death almost as much as those who don't know Jesus. They are into rituals, such as going to specific places of worship, as an obligation, and believing that the absence of certain rituals might lead to punishment from God. They are commonly known for pushing issues of morality and telling others how to live, as a completely separate issue from Salvation.

Theologically, every day we have here on Earth, we are supposed to do God's work here on Earth. As Jesus said, we are to be the salt and light for the world. This isn't a salvation issue, but a rewards issue, as it says in 1 Corinthians Chapter 12, we will get rewards for our works here on Earth. To that end, our relationship with Jesus should be on display to everyone, and we should be known for doing good works, such as comforting and assisting widows and orphans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness