Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 02:12 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
You're missing the entire context/meaning of my posting...yet again.

Since we cannot seem to communicate effective via electronics, let's not.
Yeah, I have had him on "ignore" for months.
The only time I see what he writes is when someone quotes his posts. Otherwise, all I see is:
Quote:
CaptainNJ
This message is hidden because CaptainNJ is on your ignore list.
Same with a few more very prolific posters in this forum.

Makes life so much more pleasant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 02:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what makes you think that you have a right to impose your moral standards on other people? do you want sharia law to be imposed on you?
We all have a civic duty to oppose religious nut cases. There are people who think the Bible should take precedence over civil law. They have even managed to install judges who believe that. It's their version of Sharia. If we aren't watchful, we will end up living in a theocracy where our public thoughts are dictated by lunatics.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
We all have a civic duty to oppose religious nut cases. There are people who think the Bible should take precedence over civil law. They have even managed to install judges who believe that. It's their version of Sharia. If we aren't watchful, we will end up living in a theocracy where our public thoughts are dictated by lunatics.
its just amazing (but unfortunately not surprising) where people will oppose something like sharia law or someone imposing rules on them but then be totally ok with rules being imposed on others when they happen to agree with them.

all drug laws and prescription requirements for medication are just a form of sharia law that nobody has a right to impose on anyone. there is a long list of morality laws that should be eliminated (and most likely will over time). marijuana legalization is just a stepping stone to legalizing all drugs.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:33 AM

6,708 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Quote:
its just amazing (but unfortunately not surprising) where people will oppose something like sharia law or someone imposing rules on them but then be totally ok with rules being imposed on others when they happen to agree with them.

all drug laws and prescription requirements for medication are just a form of sharia law that nobody has a right to impose on anyone. there is a long list of morality laws that should be eliminated (and most likely will over time). marijuana legalization is just a stepping stone to legalizing all drugs.
Society accepts a certain amount of control over our lives in exchange for safety and security.

How much control varies from year to year, generation to generation.

Right now, there is deep disagreement in our country over what aspects of our lives to control. Guns, drugs, and even words.

I would argue that we are moving toward a fascist state, when you can get banned from social media, fired from your job or even shot for saying "All lives matter".

Like those Cisco employees the other day who got dismissed for uttering the wrong opinions during their diversity/equity training.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:36 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The only time I see what he writes is when someone quotes his posts. Otherwise, all I see is:

Took me a while to find the option, as it's only the second time I've used the feature over 5 years.
With respect to your other posting, must agree residing anywhere near metro areas days is a high risk situation in many ways.
I began planning my exodus 5 years ago, and it wasn't soon enough; as you also mentioned.
And popular mechanics just scared the sheet out of me, I fear the next virus will be the real deal:

"The researchers drilled a 164-foot hole into the glacier, gathered two ice core samples from the 15,000-year-old glacier, and then later identified them in a lab. In total, they identified 33 virus groups—28 of which were completely new to science."
https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...lting-glacier/

Old 07-18-2020, 11:16 AM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Took me a while to find the option, as it's only the second time I've used the feature over 5 years.
I refrained from utilizing the ignore list at all until just recently. The captain was my very first addition to my list. Since I come to SS&P to read and learn I found his obtuseness counterproductive. I don't see SS&P as a place for debate, I consider it more of a place to share preparedness-related knowledge and wisdom. The captain's presence seems to take away from that objective. I also added three pro-Chinese communist posters to my list yesterday.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:27 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Society accepts a certain amount of control over our lives in exchange for safety and security.
How much control varies from year to year, generation to generation.
Right now, there is deep disagreement in our country over what aspects of our lives to control. Guns, drugs, and even words.
I would argue that we are moving toward a fascist state, when you can get banned from social media, fired from your job or even shot for saying "All lives matter".
Like those Cisco employees the other day who got dismissed for uttering the wrong opinions during their diversity/equity training.
We have been moving towards less liberty and less safety, at an ever accelerating rate, for more than 35 years. Before that, we moved sporadically, one way or another. Since then it has been a continual Leftward movement. The Left, when it can't win in Congress and the Presidency, attacks us in the Courts and the Streets. Without unfettered 2nd Amendment rights, Castle Doctrine and Stand your ground laws, and a Justice and Judicial system willing to stand up to Leftist Punks we will continue to slide towards Chaos and the eventual destruction of the U.S. (and that is if we are lucky enough not to be simply enslaved as the Chinese and N.Koreans are).

Right now, our best hope is Balkanization, and for those of us who want to live in a free and prosperous society, to group ourselves into areas that will forever resist the Leftist powers. (It is a slim hope, indeed.)

Old 07-18-2020, 09:28 PM

6,708 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Quote:
We have been moving towards less liberty and less safety, at an ever accelerating rate, for more than 35 years. Before that, we moved sporadically, one way or another. Since then it has been a continual Leftward movement. The Left, when it can't win in Congress and the Presidency, attacks us in the Courts and the Streets. Without unfettered 2nd Amendment rights, Castle Doctrine and Stand your ground laws, and a Justice and Judicial system willing to stand up to Leftist Punks we will continue to slide towards Chaos and the eventual destruction of the U.S. (and that is if we are lucky enough not to be simply enslaved as the Chinese and N.Koreans are).

Right now, our best hope is Balkanization, and for those of us who want to live in a free and prosperous society, to group ourselves into areas that will forever resist the Leftist powers. (It is a slim hope, indeed.)
Maybe we'll stop short of the precipice.

The Left is eating their own. Even some liberals are buying guns now, after decades of trying to take them away from the rest of us.

I believe the extremists--the Squad, antifa, blm, etc.--are the fringe, not the mainstream. The mainstream joined forces with the fringe, as a marriage of convenience, to get Trump.

But, as the Brownshirts started attacking liberals, the liberals started to figure out, in their dim little minds, that the hard core Left is the larger threat.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:42 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:

The end of morality laws would certainly reduce our bloated prison population.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The end of morality laws would certainly reduce our bloated prison population.
Can't rep you again.

Then on the other end of the spectrum is recent Portland and DC events with secret paramilitary federal troops kidnapping people off the streets. I saw that in El Salvador and Guatemala. I don't want that either. The jack boot gestapo tactics need to be stopped. As does the looting of innocent businesses. At least in central america the attacks were against govt forces and infrastructure. The population was mostly left out, or was in support. That tends to happen when your family and friends end up on El Playon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness