Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 761 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,577,812 times
I had trepidation at first but my husband actually turned me onto it. I find some of the prices amazing and personally I always try for free shipping. The customer service rocks, packages delivered quickly and just handled very good all around. You can find virtually anything under the sun on there, and it has become my number one go-to if I am looking for something specific.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM

61,825 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Yes, I buy there, but they not always have the best deals.
I agree, their customer service is awesome!

Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM

10,052 posts, read 18,093,647 times
I have bought from there for years both from amazon "proper" and from their marketplace sellers. The couple of times I have bought stuff from marketplace sellers and have had a problem, amazon solved it right away. I order so much stuff from them that I got a prime membership (especially now that they have free streaming video for prime members -- I haven't used that yet but will in the house I'm about to move to).

Just one example of their customer service: a couple of months ago I bought a closet system for about $152. When it arrived, it was clear that the package had come open in transit and been re-taped closed. When I opened it, several pieces were missing. I emailed amazon right away and they sent me a return label (for free UPS pick-up) AND placed an order for a new one, which I got 2 days later (with the prime membership). They are VERY good at handling problems.

I have bought a lot of grocery items from them -- stuff that keeps awhile (like muffin mixes). They have some great deals for groceries, especially if the item has subscribe-and-save. Of course it's buying in bulk so it only makes sense if you'll use it all before it expires, but in most cases that's a couple of years!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 AM

7 posts, read 6,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinV View Post
What do you think of this store?
I always buy from Amazon, because everything I buy from general retail stores, 90% of the time they are available on Amazon, and 99% of time they are cheaper.

I actually installed an Amazon app on my phone, so when I find something in a retail store that I like, I scan it with my phone and find out if it's sold cheaper on Amazon, and whether the price difference is big enough for me to buy online and wait a few days to get it.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,456,707 times
Amazon should teach classes in Customer Service. NO ONE can beat them in that area!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,801,059 times
I don't buy often, but have been quite satisfied when I have.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,552,921 times
I have at least one package a day from amazon. The prime costs me 79 per year. It saves me so muh in gas from driving to the stores. I buy everything on amazon from toothpicks to televisions.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,840,488 times
Online shopping is the way to go. I don't mind buying from Amazon. Awesome service.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,277,006 times
Before I started buying off Amazon, I bought hard to find items on ebay and overstock, but above all the customer service makes it my number one book store where I go first for electronics. The TV I bought over Christmas arrived with a gash in the box. I plugged it in and it didn't come on, but the plugs were also impossible to get to. Amazon sent me a return sticker and UPS picked it up and two days later my money was returned. I've had far too much trouble returning things to physical stores.

Where I live the only big store is Walmart. Instead of a half hour drive to the larger town and hauling the items back, its quick and simple to deal with Amazon. Lately even when I buy non food from Walmart, I do it online and let them deliver it.

Even if I am just checking out a brand or product, I read the Amazon reviews. And for books its fantastic. I prefer ex library with coverered dust jackets and especially in non fiction books I find great prices and hard to find books. I still love perusing used book stores and buy from them, but its been a boon to them as well since many sell on Amazon as well as in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products