Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:22 PM

339 posts, read 832,831 times

Advertisements

I was going to join Costco but in my area they only take debit card or cash and I like to shop with my credit card. So I took a membership with Sam's Club instead. I walked around inside Costco though and they had some pretty nice stuff and they look exactly like Sam's Club on the inside with the same stuff. They are like the same store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 11:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I like to use credit too and pay it off end of the month--
Costco uses American Express credit cards--we applied for one when we got the membership-
could use it other places but just save it for costco

Old 05-29-2014, 03:27 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
oh wait...gasoline too. They are now top tier gas.
With my exec membership I usually get about $300 a year back.
When did Costco join the Top Tier gas list? I don't remember them being Top Tier when I had membership 3 years ago. The lines were always long and I only put gas in my car one time from there. I stopped using their gas because I could notice a difference in car performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
I was going to join Costco but in my area they only take debit card or cash and I like to shop with my credit card. So I took a membership with Sam's Club instead. I walked around inside Costco though and they had some pretty nice stuff and they look exactly like Sam's Club on the inside with the same stuff. They are like the same store.
I had Costco membership and what I disliked was that it was always full! People were blocking the aisles and the lines were incredibly long. I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible.
They both have a have a membership satisfaction guarantee, so you can get a refund on your membership fees on the last day of your expiration.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
When did Costco join the Top Tier gas list? I don't remember them being Top Tier when I had membership 3 years ago. The lines were always long and I only put gas in my car one time from there. I stopped using their gas because I could notice a difference in car performance.
About 4 months ago in SoCal.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Jukesgrrl, great post. Sams and Costco are pretty much the same distance from us, but we prefer Costco for the friendliness of the employees where must of them have been there for years unlike our local grocery store which seems to have a large turnover.

I still think the quality at Costco is better than Sams.

Saw this on the net today.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco...133500022.html

Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM

339 posts, read 832,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post

I had Costco membership and what I disliked was that it was always full! People were blocking the aisles and the lines were incredibly long. I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible.
They both have a have a membership satisfaction guarantee, so you can get a refund on your membership fees on the last day of your expiration.
Oh I didn't know that! Maybe in a few months I'll get a Costco membership too then.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Costco Employees Happier With Pay Than Many In Silicon Valley

Old 05-31-2014, 01:26 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Kirkland Brand Vodka is <$14 a bottle (1.75litre, the big bottles) at the KC Missouri outlet, it's probably the biggest steal in the business.

It's 6x distilled and made in the same factory as Grey Goose which they have for $50 a bottle (which is still a lot cheaper than most places).

I've heard the other Kirkland brand liquors suck though.

One off the beaten path usage is that they will transfer old videos VHS and 8mm film etc. to DVD for you. I had this done with all my old family films and gave multiple copies out as Christmas presents one year throughout the extended family.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:29 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Costco pays well, good benefits and when you walk in the place they are high quality individuals from every single interaction I've ever had.

Most people you see working low paying jobs isn't going to have a snowballs chance in heck of getting in there for that reason.

There have been some great comparison articles between Costco and Sams club. Costco smokes them.

P.S. Also got my last set of tires there and if you have the gold membership @110/year you get 5% cash back so essentially my membership is free given what I spend there.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 928 times
Be careful about the Port Chester, NY Costco. They are usually very friendly but I was treated very rudely today, by the greeter/ID checker and by the lady who checks off the receipt at the end. Also, the snack bar lady was not very friendly either. Basically, Port Chester Costco was ICE COLD, in terms of friendliness and helpfulness, as - unfortunately - sometimes it is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products