Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:13 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Lol, that's my ideal for receiving good customer service, minimal interaction and get me out asap. Most folks don't feel the same though.
I feel the same way. I don't want to know everyone's life story. I'm perfectly fine with a quick "Hello, how are you" and then let them concentrate on ringing up my purchase as quickly and accurately as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 09:44 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Lol, that's my ideal for receiving good customer service, minimal interaction and get me out asap. Most folks don't feel the same though.

LOL...I could live with that myself if I didn't have customers who, pretty much, demand that I be friendly, personable and not grumpy. lol I had one customer who complained to my CSM that I didn't talk to her. Really! Well, I DID talk to her, she ignored me, I had a line back to dairy so I just concentrated on getting it done. Then, when it was time to pay, she had her cash laid out of the shelf and when I counted it she was $3 short. I told her and she got mad telling me that I should have TOLD her the total and she didn't feel she had to look at the scanner to see what it was. Well, I always tell them their total but that time I didn't because she had the money out so I 'assumed' she knew what it was and why be redundant? She even had the exact coin change. lol Anyway, she insisted that she talk to my manager so I directed her to him and told her to have a nice day. I can pretty much tell which ones are up to a little small talk and who isn't but I try to get the 'grumpy' ones to smile or laugh at least once before they leave.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I feel the same way. I don't want to know everyone's life story. I'm perfectly fine with a quick "Hello, how are you" and then let them concentrate on ringing up my purchase as quickly and accurately as possible.

I don't want everyone's life story either. I do have a few customers I've come to know over the years and I know more than I want to know about them and their "life story" but I'm polite about it. They talk and I work. I don't ignore my customers and never say word while I'm scanning but will look up and smile at them once in a while. Or make a comment. Seems to keep them happy. lol

I don't mind asking folks how's their day going, or how are they, but I wish they wouldn't ask ME how I'M doing. A lot of times I'm not doing well with some of my worse 'aches and pains' and really don't feel up to what I'm doing but I have to lie and say "Just great, thank you!". It's probably not a bad thing for me, really, because it keeps me from groveling in my misery and HAVE to stay up and positive. I learned, long ago, that if I say "I'm okay" I get back, "JUST okay?". I tell them, at my age, "okay" is darn good. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products