Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:14 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
A company that uses commons sense.
True! And very considerate to all customers.

Just for the heck of it, I called another major chain store in our area and their practices are identical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 09:47 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
This question is for everyone who replies to this thread.

This situation has happened to me at the Kroger I work at as a cashier several times.

A customer will unload their groceries on the belt. However, their groceries are already loaded into reusable bags, and the bags are loaded in a particular way. So I have to 1) take the groceries out of the bag, 2) scan them, and then 3) either put them back into the bag if there is no bagger to help me or have the bagger do this. Then the customer pays for their groceries while either I finish loading their bags or the bagger finishes loading their bags. Then the bags have to be placed in their shopping cart.

How would you, the customer, feel about this when you are behind this customer, and there are other customers behind you waiting to be checked out?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:49 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,802 times
Quote:
This question is for everyone who replies to this thread.

This situation has happened to me at the Kroger I work at as a cashier several times.

A customer will unload their groceries on the belt. However, their groceries are already loaded into reusable bags, and the bags are loaded in a particular way. So I have to 1) take the groceries out of the bag, 2) scan them, and then 3) either put them back into the bag if there is no bagger to help me or have the bagger do this. Then the customer pays for their groceries while either I finish loading their bags or the bagger finishes loading their bags. Then the bags have to be placed in their shopping cart.

How would you, the customer, feel about this when you are behind this customer, and there are other customers behind you waiting to be checked out?

The only time my groceries go into a bag - my reusables or the store's bags - is at the end of the transaction. I put my selections in a cart or hand basket, along with my empty reusable bags, and then unload everything onto the counter for checking out.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
The only time my groceries go into a bag - my reusables or the store's bags - is at the end of the transaction. I put my selections in a cart or hand basket, along with my empty reusable bags, and then unload everything onto the counter for checking out.
That is how is should be done.

The problem with the other customers is that their method affects our productivity. They want things done in a specific way.

These customers have no idea that we are timed on everything.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
That is how is should be done.

The problem with the other customers is that their method affects our productivity. They want things done in a specific way.

These customers have no idea that we are timed on everything.
That timing sh-t's got to go. As a grocery customer I want to know who you work for so I can join up with likeminded customers and start a letter writing campaign to give cashiers and other customer interactives a break. You all work hard enough, for Heaven's sakes!

Old 08-19-2017, 06:15 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
That timing sh-t's got to go. As a grocery customer I want to know who you work for so I can join up with likeminded customers and start a letter writing campaign to give cashiers and other customer interactives a break. You all work hard enough, for Heaven's sakes!
Every place has some sort of way to track the productivity of their cashiers. Its nothing to get upset about. As long as they're doing their job, they are able to stay on target. Its that easy.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Every place has some sort of way to track the productivity of their cashiers. Its nothing to get upset about. As long as they're doing their job, they are able to stay on target. Its that easy.
It's stressing out some of my co-workers who said they have to rush their bathroom breaks or to get a sip of water, so I beg to differ. Plus, the productivity results get printed out and tacked to the breakroom wall, with our NAMES on it!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:25 PM

3,253 posts, read 2,339,853 times
I had a woman checking out in front of me and while the clerk was ringing her order the woman left and went to Starbucks in the front of the store. I saw her debating what to order, then talking to the clerk about her coffee, while the rest of us waited for her to return, pay for her order, and leave. Her order had been completed shortly after the woman left to get her coffee. She finally came back with her coffee in hand and apologized to the clerk for making her wait. I spoke up and told the lady she should apologize to me and the others in line since we all had to wait because of her. She mumbled an apology to me and finally paid for her order and left. Who does that? Who goes to get coffee in the middle of your groceries being rung up? Some people have no awareness of what's happening around them. Or they are very rude. Or they just don't care about anyone else.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
That timing sh-t's got to go. As a grocery customer I want to know who you work for so I can join up with like-minded customers and start a letter writing campaign to give cashiers and other customer inter actives a break. You all work hard enough, for Heaven's sakes!
Kroger

Old 08-19-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
I had a woman checking out in front of me and while the clerk was ringing her order the woman left and went to Starbucks in the front of the store. I saw her debating what to order, then talking to the clerk about her coffee, while the rest of us waited for her to return, pay for her order, and leave. Her order had been completed shortly after the woman left to get her coffee. She finally came back with her coffee in hand and apologized to the clerk for making her wait. I spoke up and told the lady she should apologize to me and the others in line since we all had to wait because of her. She mumbled an apology to me and finally paid for her order and left. Who does that? Who goes to get coffee in the middle of your groceries being rung up? Some people have no awareness of what's happening around them. Or they are very rude. Or they just don't care about anyone else.
When that happens, look for a manager, and tell them what happened.
Ask that manager what he/she can do for the other customers waiting in the same line. Also ask that manager what the cashier needs to do when that happens.

That customer had a lot of nerve to do what she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products