Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 PM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times

Advertisements

Here's the opposite of a USPS delivery.

Ordered it on Wed
Delivery scheduled for Sun
Received it on Fri.
3 days ahead of schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Some years ago, I sent a package to my mother via USPS. When she got the package, one of the items in it was missing meaning someone opened and resealed it and send if off with only one of the 2 original items. Since both were inexpensive gifts, the package wasn't insured. But I was surprised that this happened at that time.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM

685 posts, read 721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
The United States Postal Service lost my restricted delivery letter that only had to travel to a nearby county in Florida. It should have been delivered in 2 days it was mailed Jan 13. A week after it was mailed on Jan 20 it disappeared from tracking completely. I tried to file a claim and have gotten no answers. The post office that was it's destination has a long list if complaints about it online and their phone number doesnt work . I appear to be out that money. Still waiting for news it says on the website it is " delayed" .

Has anyone else had problems using USPS ?
Just twice when they shut down the Asheville dist. center, so our mail goes 2 hours down to Greenville, SC and back up here. I was Treas. of our HOA and was missing two checks. One showed up a month later and the other two months later.

I've never ever had a tracking issue and I use USPS to send way too many products from a shelf full of cochlear implant stuff to take what you say lightly. I'll let you know when the next batch of returns go out (in the next couple of days) if there's a problem. But there shouldn't be as I've been doing this for the last couple of years.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:38 PM

277 posts, read 689,156 times
I sent a Christmas package to my son last year which was supposed to be 3 day priority mail . . I sent it 2 weeks before Christmas. Guess when he FINALLY got it? 2 weeks AFTER Christmas. From here on out, I always send packages or important items FedEx or UPS.

USPS' tracking is a joke. It only "tracks" the departure and the arrival - nothing in between. Lord knows how many times that package was probably just sitting in some warehouse or on a truck somewhere,
going nowhere fast. 3 days vs. 4 weeks = big difference. Not that I expected it to REALLY get there in 3 days - hence the reason I sent it 2 weeks prior to Christmas.

And I'm sorry, but the mail carrier in my neighborhood regularly delivers my mail to my neighbors' boxes and vice versa. I have complained numerous times to the local post office, to no avail. They only acknowledge that there are "issues" they're aware of and trying to correct w/ the carrier. But it's almost an every day occurrence.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
My USPS has been fine - now UPS is another story

Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
I have sold anywhere from 5 to 10 books and audiobooks a month for the past seven years on Amazon.com. I havn't had an item lost. I have had a few take longer than expected to arrive. Tracking is sporadic. I've seen some items have up to eight different lines of tracking information as the the item hits different post offices, but usually it is much less, especially with Media Mail. Other times there has been no tracking info at all.

A recent package I sent took four days to go USPS First Class from Western Pennsylvania to Lombard IL. The tracking info had 8 lines of detail.

Regarding my local mail delivery, yes, I often get other people's mail. The carrier often leaves my mailbox lid hanging open and my mail has gotten wet. I suspect if a car is parked close to the mailbox, the carrier skips my house, but I can't prove it.

Last edited by villageidiot1; 02-03-2015 at 07:40 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 07:21 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
Amazon can be screwy - I've followed packages and they went to MD (closer to me) - then west to WV - then this way.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:53 PM

265 posts, read 687,046 times
I have had many letters open on the top left when I have received them. It happened weekly when I used to live in Broward County. I complained via email, but no response. I also received other peoples mail. Complaints never received any responses, but to look into the matters. I believe they were looking for identity theft information. It has also happened in Miami Dade County as well. I can see it happening in MDC but Broward. Thieves I hate.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:54 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
I have zero problems out here with USPS. This past week when it snowed, the postman almost got stuck trying to deliver a small package to me.

FedEx and UPS won't come near this road when there's even a dark cloud in the sky. Then too, FedEx has delivered packages to my only farm neighbor even though my address is very clearly displayed on both sides of my large mailbox. One package FedEx left at my bank in town! I buy a few things off the internet and I avoid sellers who use FedEx and UPS to ship small packages if I know before hand.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:56 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,809 times
When I send certified mail with return receipt, it often disappears. If it's something the person doesn't want to receive, or doesn't want me to have proof they received it, they seem to easily find ways to get delivery of it unofficially, such that there is no signature nor record of delivery. Especially when it's addressed to the person's office. Mail delivery people seem to be less careful about the mail they deliver to offices.

And sometimes USPS delivers my mail to someone else on my street at random.

But, other than those two problems, they seem to do a fairly good job overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products