Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,205,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
eBay removes feedback without notification only for violation of its Feedback Rules. 58robbo, exactly what did your feedback say?

Excerpts from the eBay page about Feedback:

While insulting language, like "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man," is strongly discouraged, Feedback containing such language won't be removed unless it also contains some type of content that isn't allowed.

We don't allow Feedback comments that contain:
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address.
Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language, or adult material

my feedback had none of those things. ebay then sent me an email saying that i had breached their feedback rules but due to privacy purposes they could not point out how or why. in other words i got shown the finger. i will now avoid big sellers with 100% feedback. if someone wanted to start a realfeedback.com website, there's a business idea for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 AM

4 posts, read 48,650 times
Ebay have removed my neg feedback without notification as well. Article not received, vendor promised 3 times to resend but didn't. After 45 days i could not open a dispute so i left factual neg feedback which complied with all criteria. Vendor emailed me and said he was referring it to ebay and they removed my neg. What is the point of having this type of feedback resource? Outrageous.

have asked ebay why they removed it and awaiting response. Good mind to take ebay to court over this if they don't reinstate. Effectively I have been robbed and have no voice to complain or warn others about the vendor.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Well i have been buying on ebay since 2002 never once had problems, the only time i have left negative feedback, is when around 50 other people in the same month, did not receive their items, i contacted ebay, and told them mysef, that this seller needed to get off of ebay, even said that in my negative, i left 2 comments. Guess what not kidding, the next week this seller was off of ebay. Other then that, if my item is not as described, or i have to end up paying more on shipping at my front door, as i recently had to for an item, the ebay seller took a UPS box turned it inside out, and i got charged more money at my front door, I did not leave negative, because i started a claim against this seller, was going to leave negative, and he did not want that, I emailed him, told him i wanted a full refund, and would leave him alone, got my refund, so i really was not going to give him a negative, now if i did not receive a total refund, oh yeah, he would of gotten a negative. I have gotten antiques on ebay in the early days, that are now worth a bundle, so many of them i have limoges plates, in the book of limoges, that to this day, are worth quite a bit, infact i learned all about antiques from ebay.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 AM

6 posts, read 24,231 times
When ebay need to move your feeback , i need to write this word "i authorize ebay to remove the negative feedback" so ebay will move negative feedback.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,763 times
huh?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:02 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I don't think we're getting the whole story here.

eBay policies and practices are strongly skewed in favor of the buyers - just ask any of the regular sellers, or anybody with an eBay store. If they took down your feedback, you can be sure that there was a good reason for it.

Why don't you post what you wrote, so we can see what all the hubbub was about?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't think we're getting the whole story here.

eBay policies and practices are strongly skewed in favor of the buyers - just ask any of the regular sellers, or anybody with an eBay store. If they took down your feedback, you can be sure that there was a good reason for it.

Why don't you post what you wrote, so we can see what all the hubbub was about?
LOL I was just gonna say the same thing. I'm a long, long, time powerseller and it's hard as hell to get Ebay to remove negative feedback. You had to have said something in the feedback that caused for it to be removed.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
LOL I was just gonna say the same thing. I'm a long, long, time powerseller and it's hard as hell to get Ebay to remove negative feedback. You had to have said something in the feedback that caused for it to be removed.
I agree ebay runs the sellers end like a police state. OP still has not stated what the issue was that caused the feedback,..

Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
eBay will remove feedback if it contains profanity or otherwise violates eBay's terms. However, if your negative feedback was factual and wasnt profane, eBay shouldnt have removed it without notifying you.

Edited to add that your initial post implies you left negative feedback for both sellers without contacting them first. I've been buying on eBay since 1998 (3,500 purchases) and wouldnt dream of leaving negative feedback without contacting the seller to give him/her a chance to rectify the situation. Leaving negative feedback should be a buyer's LAST resort.
I don't think so! Sellers have a responsibility to be ethical and deliver goods as promised. I have no problem leaving negative feedback when an item is described in mint condition and there are obvious creases and bends in the product than any blind person could see. There are a lot of unethical thieves on eBay and they expect people not to leave negative feedback out of fear or intimidation. Consumers should leave negative feedback to help the eBay community. These thieves know they will get away with it in many cases knowing buyers are too afraid of confrontation and won't say anything.

That being said, I've only left negative feedback 2 times. The overwhelming majority of sellers on eBay are ethical and it's a wonderful service.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
that's not really the point. the point is that i left negative feedback and my feedback was removed without anyone notifying me. it's one thing for them to contact me and say that the feedback i left was unreasonable and they were going to remove it on grounds of xxxxx! it's a different story to just remove it and let these sellers go on and continue to rip people off!
Why are you afraid to tell us why you left the negative feedback. maybe the feedback was against ebay policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products