Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,505 times

Advertisements

Since we do not know the area and are moving soon, what areas of shreveport are good. We either want to live downtown or somewhere that is suburban, low crime, good schools, shopping, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 01:45 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,496 times
Oh no!! I posted a response to you earlier but apparently it didn't go through.

I'll try to post again.

The gist was... downtown you have a couple of "nice" options: for apartment living, United Jewelers Apartments; for condo living: Milam Place Condos (but be prepared to pay about $300,000 for a 2-bedroom condo on the 5th floor.)

For suburban living, look south to the Southern Loop area. There you have Provenance, a new master-planned suburb which is currently in the initial construction phase... a 10-year build-out with a planned final population of 10,000+ residents. Very attractive area, and worth looking into!! Anything in the Southern Loop area will be a very nice place to live.

If you don't mind a slightly longer commute and extremely heavy rush hour gridlock, try Haughton/east Bossier or Benton/north Bossier! Both of these areas are growing, and the Benton/north Bossier area is now beginning to boom as a retail/dining hub for all of Bossier City and Bossier Parish as well.

This truly is a great time to be living in Shreveport-Bossier!! Lots of new industry growth, but the biggest thing coming up is the huge expansion of Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier as a technology hub. A new high-tech business park will be developed with around 10,000 new jobs. This is definitely something for Barksdale, Bossier City, Shreveport, and all of the surrounding towns and cities to be proud of.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM

76 posts, read 507,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwright98 View Post
Since we do not know the area and are moving soon, what areas of shreveport are good. We either want to live downtown or somewhere that is suburban, low crime, good schools, shopping, etc.
Bossier has better schools than Shreveport (Caddo Parish) and is much safer. If I ever moved back there, I would live in Bossier Parish.

If you want to live in Shreveport, then southeast Shreveport is the place to be. Twelve Oaks, Acadiana Place, Norris Ferry Crossing, Long Lake, Southern Trace, and St. Charles Place are all nice subdivisions in that area.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:10 AM

768 posts, read 4,386,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveNOLA View Post
Bossier has better schools than Shreveport (Caddo Parish) and is much safer. If I ever moved back there, I would live in Bossier Parish.

If you want to live in Shreveport, then southeast Shreveport is the place to be. Twelve Oaks, Acadiana Place, Norris Ferry Crossing, Long Lake, Southern Trace, and St. Charles Place are all nice subdivisions in that area.
^^ And to expand upon what ILoveNOLA said, if you live in southeast Shreveport then you'll want to either look into private schools or magnet schools. Unless you want your kids to grow up too fast and learn about life the really hard way, don't send them to public school in Shreveport. As was mentioned, public schools in Bossier are great... but Shreveport, not so much.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,598 times
I have lived in bossier for all my life and i love it. It is very safe for me and my family. The schools are much better than in caddo. The area is just nice and peaceful and you dont have to worry about anything. I am not saying that we dont have problems and problem people. I am just saying that bossier police care for their city and their people. They make sure you are safe at home and the freeway. So if you are not doing anything illegal you dont have anything to worry about. I say that because people say they dont like coming to bossier cause of the police, they are just doing their job, and taking care of the city. This is my opinion on this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City