Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,516,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPop View Post
It's football. The world knows it as football. It's played using feet, which is why it's called football.

Anyone calling it "soccer" is a complete use your own swear-filter-starred expletive here.

USA lost to Ghana.

England vs. Germany....

Well what do you think eh?
You're a fool.

P.S. Soccer is a British word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM

173 posts, read 156,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
You're a fool.

P.S. Soccer is a British word.
I maybe a fool but I'm no idiot whereas you are a complete arse!

Soccer is a bastardisation of Association Football but nobody ever uses the term unless they are trying to talk to muppets

Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,516,370 times
Quote:
I maybe a fool but I'm no idiot whereas you are a complete arse!

Soccer is a bastardisation of Association Football but nobody ever uses the term unless they are trying to talk to muppets
Or in any number of places where football refers primarily to a different game. It's not hard to understand, and it's not a big deal. It just is.

Muppets!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Football is a game played with a round ball, using feet to project the ball into the goal.

Use of the head is allowed, although if you are Diego Maradona, you can also be a cheating bastard and scoop the ball into the net using your hand.

No-one calls it soccer and survives serious ****-taking

Old 06-26-2010, 08:28 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,550,213 times
Quote:
England vs. Germany....

Well what do you think eh?
Deutschland.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Deutschland.

Enter swear filter guess here.....

Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times
I remmeber when Lance Armstrong was winnign the tour;alots of interest. Now it has pretty mcuh commoned down. Its being heavily promoted but like F1 may never really take hold anyhting like football;basketball and baseball or even golf. Golf is by far the favorite international sport. Football is like soccer in europe.Even colege football is light years ahead of soccer in this country.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,068,673 times
Quote:
Football is a game played with a round ball, using feet to project the ball into the goal.

Use of the head is allowed, although if you are Diego Maradona, you can also be a cheating bastard and scoop the ball into the net using your hand.

No-one calls it soccer and survives serious ****-taking
I hope Germany beats the living $hit out of your crappy, cry baby team!! You don't even deserve to be in this round and the best thing you should do is to shut your pie hole! It's your primary sport that you freaking invented and yet you have only won it once in 19 freaking 66!!! Yeah... I'd shut my pie hole and go away, you guys pretty much SUCK at your own sport! Case closed!

Germany 4
The other team 0

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 06-26-2010 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,023,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I hope Germany beats the living $hit out of your crappy, cry baby team!! You don't even deserve to be in this round and the best thing you should do is to shut your pie hole! It's your primary sport that you freaking invented and yet you have only won it once in 19 freaking 66!!! Yeah... I'd shut my pie hole and go away, you guys pretty much SUCK at your own sport! Case closed!

Germany 4
The other team 0

Actually you yanks didn't deserve to win the group, it was only through the admittedly crap performance of ENGLAND that you did, and as "the truth will out", you have now buggered off, so shut up, loser. Also, if you ever saw England play aside from this particular tournament and their three games so far, you would see how much they really "SUCK" or not. With your childish nonsense, sounds like you need to go suck something, a freaking pacifier! Anyway us Englishmen on this board must stick together and not let the moronic spoilt-offspring childish slack-jaw "cousins" across the pond sh!& in our proverbial tea.

As for hyped up national football teams, what about the bloody threads in this forum about "USA making the top 4 in the world cup" and this "American sports revolution Bologna?" Case in point. So much for that, Ameritwats.

Last edited by RichardW; 06-27-2010 at 05:53 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 06:39 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,550,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Actually you yanks didn't deserve to win the group, it was only through the admittedly crap performance of ENGLAND that you did....
My inclination is always to root for England after the USA. You're changing that. Besides, as Bill Parcells put it, "You are what your record says you are." And in this case, that means second best in Group C. Enjoy getting the crap beat out of you by the Germans. Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer