Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 02:59 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Hmm lovely video there!

Who saw Portland keeping there first clean sheet of the season and ending RSLs unbeaten streak!

Weakened team put out by RSL but should beat the timbers.
yeah some eye watering moments that's for sure!

yeah seen the highlights, out of the american games i seen, they have had the best fans, could have been in germany, werder bremen came to mind for some reason when i watched it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
it's a recurring theme, all the football injury videos are like 85% brirish (the EPL especially) and i don't hear many people saying change the game over here, so i think you should just punish bad tackles, but you can't take the physicality out of it

Yeah, because youtube videos are scientific evidence of how things are.

I dont think you are understanding what I am saying. It's not about the physicality, it is not about hard tackles, it is not about injuries, it is about a mentality than has been going on in the MLS for years.

The fans know it is a problem, the players know it is a problem, the managers know it is a problem and that is why Mullan got a suspension.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM

oh come on now, i just think you like disagreeing with people rj! there's nothing wrong with the 'mentality' bad tackles happen let it go!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 AM

643 posts, read 1,123,050 times
Tackles are part of the game. If the MLS isn't careful it will turn into the Spanish league where the wind blows and players get freekicks.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:03 AM

You guys really arent understanding me. I have said over and over again that it isnt necessarily about the tackles.

Paul - do you follow MLS close enough to know what the mentality is that I am ever talking about. I dont think you have a god damn clue what I am talking about.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
God forbid somebody have a different opinion than you Rj.
The league isnt nearly as rough as you imply it is.

MLS is pretty much like that alredy London, refs blow up for anything and seem to hand out yellow cards like they are going out of fashion at times.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You guys really arent understanding me. I have said over and over again that it isnt necessarily about the tackles.

Paul - do you follow MLS close enough to know what the mentality is that I am ever talking about. I dont think you have a god damn clue what I am talking about.
nope you are right, but i have seen about 10 games and they have looked fine to me, and you seem to be the only person that thinks there is a problem

Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
nope you are right, but i have seen about 10 games and they have looked fine to me, and you seem to be the only person that thinks there is a problem

Yes, because this board is a great sample that allows you to come to that conclusion. You should go read boards that have hundreds if not thousands of MLS fans and see what the overwhelming majority thinks. You should read articles that have interviews with players, managers, and fans to see what they say. I think you will find that many people view the officiating and resulting behavior by players a huge problem. It's been escalating by season and it is getting worse this season.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The league isnt nearly as rough as you imply it is.

MLS is pretty much like that alredy London, refs blow up for anything and seem to hand out yellow cards like they are going out of fashion at times.

Why is it that when players that are knew to the league get interviewed after joining that one of the first things they always comment on is how physical this league is?

You make a comment about how I am wrong and them agree with me about officiating being a problem in the next line.

Is the officiating and resulting player behavior a problem or is it?

Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Show me links to said interviews then. There is nothing wrong with a physical league. I would much rather have what we have vs Mexico where if somebody farts they go down holding their legs or faces,

The officiating IS a problem. They stop play way too much for BS calls and use the yellow cards too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer