Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM

800 posts, read 1,463,782 times

Advertisements

If you're gonna talk smack, be ready for some retaliation...especially when your team just lost 5 in a row to their hated rival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM

304 posts, read 266,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
To borrow a line from you and Dabo, I think we'd beat UGA 7 out of 10 times. Just cuz.
not when they are healthy, they were too balanced on offense. Gurley was just running right over u guys.

UGA played in a lot of exciting games this year. It kind of sucks they had so many injuries. You guys would have finished 3rd in SEC east if they stayed healthy or if they could have just avoided that lucky play at Auburn. lol

Old 12-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
If you're gonna talk smack, be ready for some retaliation...especially when your team just lost 5 in a row to their hated rival.
counting number of wins in a row in a rivalry is lame. We had 2 losses, you had 2 losses, and worse losses. SC is a good home team. I think our scedule strength was even. Central Florida is basically Georgia Tech. We gave G Tech a beatdown. You guys sqeaked out a win over a small UCF team.

The reality is most teams would rather play SC than Clemson, u are one of the few teams that can get enough consistent pressure on Boyd

I think it is more pyschological with SC these days for Clemson than anything. Peole make that 1 game such a big deal but is it reall more important than beatin NC State or Virginia? Just 1 game and I want to beat everybody

Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Touting # of wins in a row, in a current win streak, isn't nearly as lame as continually claiming "historical dominance" in this rivalry.

Bottom line, we won this year, which is all that really matters. We have bragging rights, again. And yes, I'm enjoying it!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
The reality is most teams would rather play SC than Clemson
Seriously? How can you possibly know this?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Touting # of wins in a row, in a current win streak, isn't nearly as lame as continually claiming "historical dominance" in this rivalry.

Bottom line, we won this year, which is all that really matters. We have bragging rights, again. And yes, I'm enjoying it!
Ok, well to be honest I didn't even know that Clemson had won like 10 out of 15, 8 out of 9 against SC. They won 4 times in a row 4 different times since 1980s. To me college football is about this season. I only learn this stuff just to answer some of you trash talk but I get SC hasn't had much success over the decades and you are feeling your wheaties. This relaly is the golden era of SC football. That SC team you saw last Sat. was as good as it gets, believe it or not. lol Count on 4 forth quarter turnovers by the other team to win kind of team. lol

Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Peole make that 1 game such a big deal but is it reall more important than beatin NC State or Virginia?
Yes, it is. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Seriously? How can you possibly know this?
lol Heisman quarterback, high flying pass offense? Look at the point margin in our games vs yours

most people don't even know Shaw by name. he's just the qb who looks like he is about 65

Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Ok, well to be honest I didn't even know that Clemson had won like 10 out of 15, 8 out of 9 against SC. They won 4 times in a row 4 different times since 1980s. To me college football is about this season. I only learn this stuff just to answer some of you trash talk but I get SC hasn't had much success over the decades and you are feeling your wheaties. This relaly is the golden era of SC football. That SC team you saw last Sat. was as good as it gets, believe it or not. lol Count on 4 forth quarter turnovers by the other team to win kind of team. lol
To be fair, these have been very good clemson teams we have been beating. If my memory serves, clemson has been the higher-ranked team when we have met in 4 of the last 5 meetings (all except 2010). These have been the best clemson teams since the Ford years, bar none. And that makes it even more special to me.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
lol Heisman quarterback, high flying pass offense? Look at the point margin in our games vs yours

most people don't even know Shaw by name. he's just the qb who looks like he is about 65
Sorry to break it to you, but Tajh will not be winning the Heisman in any of our lifetimes.

And as a clemson fan, I'm quite certain you know who Connor Shaw is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina