Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 02:49 PM

304 posts, read 267,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if we rewrite the rules of the game of football, and maybe if we move the stadium 2 miles to the north, clemson *might* stand a chance of beating USC sometime in the near future. You can't make this stuff up...I love it!
your life seems to revolve around SC beating Clemson. I would kill myself if all i had is Gamecock football though.

Your team lost to Tenn. You are bragging about a team that lost to Tenn.

College football is kind of a farce because they don't that many games.

I do think getting rid of fumbles would make for better football games. SC isn't going to win this year without those turnovers especially the punt return fumbles.

My idea for moving the stadium wasn't about football though.

Last edited by Pelham3; 12-05-2013 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
My vacuum cleaner broke today.

So I put a Clemson sticker on it.

Now it sucks again.
You have a SC sticker on your firetruck no doubt. lol I understand you hate Clemson because Haley went to Clemson and she's singlehandley preventing you from making more than 20K a year as a firefighter because she obviously hates firefighters because she is an evil Republican.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
A good team makes adjustments when their plan isn't working on the field and a great team succeeds after making those adjustments. The plan was to stop Mike Davis. They did that, but Venables himself said they tried everything they could try to stop Shaw and couldn't. End of story.
Clemson was the only college this year to stop Mike Davis. Kind of crazy given SEC speed and power. This lowly ACC school got it done though. lol

Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
OUCH!

“You know what I think is interesting? Everybody is picking on Ohio State. Their schedule was ranked tougher than FSU’s,” Spurrier told The Post and Courier. “Did you know that? Everybody’s picking on how Ohio State hasn’t played anybody. I said, ‘Well, what about FSU?’ They beat Clemson, and that’s about it.”

Spurrier on BCS Championship debate: Ohio State’s schedule tougher than Florida State’s – The Post and Courier
SC beat missouri (after missouri had an epic choke and Mizz didn't have their starting qb). other than that who did they beat this year other than ACC school Clemson? Plus they lost to a really bad Tenn team.

FSU would destroy Spurrier just like they did when he was at Florida. lol Shaw won't be running much on them, he never does anything against elite defenses.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,415,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
SC beat missouri (after missouri had an epic choke). other than that who did they beat this year other than ACC school Clemson? Plus they lost to a really bad Tenn team.

FSU would destroy Spurrier just like they did when he was at Florida. lol Shaw won't be running much on them, he never does anything against elite defenses.
Well, lets see.

Missouri is ranked 5th. We beat them on the road. They'll probably be SEC champs and in the Sugar Bowl.
Central Florida is 10-1 and ranked in the top 15, they'll be AAC champs and in a BCS bowl. Beat them too...on the road.

But yeah, you're right. Other than those two.....glancing at all the other teams USC beat: UNC and Clemson? Just two ACC teams....may as well play The Citadel. UK and Vandy? Fiesty SEC squads, but nothing special. Miss St? Ho hum.

So yeah, you're right. We beat two teams that may be BCS bowl teams in Mizzou and UCF, both on the road.

But other than that? UNC? Clemson? Kentucky? Arkansas? Coastal? Miss State? All about the same really. Nothing much to be proud of beating that group.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Well, lets see.

Missouri is ranked 5th. We beat them on the road. They'll probably be SEC champs and in the Sugar Bowl.
Central Florida is 10-1 and ranked in the top 15, they'll be AAC champs and in a BCS bowl. Beat them too...on the road.

But yeah, you're right. Other than those two.....glancing at all the other teams USC beat: UNC and Clemson? Just two ACC teams....may as well play The Citadel. UK and Vandy? Fiesty SEC squads, but nothing special. Miss St? Ho hum.

So yeah, you're right. We beat two teams that may be BCS bowl teams in Mizzou and UCF, both on the road.

But other than that? UNC? Clemson? Kentucky? Arkansas? Coastal? Miss State? All about the same really. Nothing much to be proud of beating that group.
who has UCF played other than Louisville and SC? They looked undersize to me and if I'm not mistaken only reason they were in the game with SC was some fumbles. lol which goes back to my point about fumbles

Mizzou was nice win but you don't win that game with their starting qb in the game. SC did nothing until shaw game in the 4th. Plus Mizz FG in overtime hit the upright which was just bad luck fluke thing.

Who did Missouri beat this year? UGA's injuries gave them that game. Florida's qb was out when zou beat them. Missouri beat an ok but not great Ole Miss on the road and beat Texas AM with a horrible defense at home and that is about it. Are they really no. 5 in the country? I am skeptical.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

803 posts, read 1,469,620 times
If they'd just shorten the field from 100 yards down to 30, and make it to where fumbles and INT's don't count against you, Tajh and Dabo might be able to drive the length of the field against USC without turning the ball over. I said, "might be able to."

Then, you could play a football game in a space the size of a baseball diamond. So we could start playing football at Carolina Stadium, which is in a much nicer spot, over by the river.

Pelham, I think I just solved all your clemson-USC problems in one fell swoop. Do I get a medal or something?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:36 PM

reality is no school plays that many good teams in a season because season is so short. If they did away with these cupcake matches with SC state kind of teams and had more conference games then you would have a better idea of who is best. altough florida struggles with those cupcakes teams in recent years, lol mighty SEC florida

Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
If they'd just shorten the field from 100 yards down to 30, and make it to where fumbles and INT's don't count against you, Tajh and Dabo might be able to drive the length of the field against USC without turning the ball over. I said, "might be able to."

Then, you could play a football game in a space the size of a baseball diamond. So we could start playing football at Carolina Stadium, which is in a much nicer spot, over by the river.

Pelham, I think I just solved all your clemson-USC problems in one fell swoop. Do I get a medal or something?
didn't Clemson have more yards in the game? I don't think you guys looked better than us this year. at best it was even. they were moving the ball on SC easily until Watkins floated it for the interception and Boyd was surrounded by SC players and couldn't get down and they just hitting his hands real hard to get the ball. Then late in the first half Boyd got called for grounding which was a dubious call there and clemson got backed up and had to take a FG.

You aren't good at humor man. leave that to me.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:01 PM

803 posts, read 1,469,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
didn't Clemson have more yards in the game? I don't think you guys looked better than us this year. at best it was even. they were moving the ball on SC easily until Watkins floated it for the interception and Boyd was surrounded by SC players and couldn't get down and they just hitting his hands real hard to get the ball. Then late in the first half Boyd got called for grounding which was a dubious call there and clemson got backed up and had to take a FG.

You aren't good at humor man. leave that to me.
Just trying to be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina