Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,135,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post

I don't even think its fair to rip on you this. But.......did you just use basketball as a comparison on why football should eliminate fumbles, because it is silly for a change of possession to happen based on dropping the ball?

Um...in basketball, if you drop the ball, or have it taken, it is..... a change of possession.

My God....are you this challenged?
You can read more of his great idea in the Columbia forum about moving Williams-Brice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:00 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,135,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
lol that was to upset dumb emotional rednecks like you. It worked. better than I thought it would. lol It would be better than being out in that industrial area though. just a sorry football environment in my view.
I'm not talking about the idea of moving WB. I'm talking about what the thread turned into. Your famous idea that fumbles shouldn't be a part of football! Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, is it?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,363 times
Quote:
um, in basketball can you mug a guy with the ball when he is dribbling or he picks it up to pass?. I'm not talking about a clean steal. I'm talking about foulling to steal. You are a dumb guy. You consistently prove why you make min. wage and are a firefighter.
Yes. It's called a steal. Or, simultaneous possession if they both have the ball. If the guy is holding the ball, you can absolutely hit the ball and force a "fumble", called a turnover in hoops. In football, a MAN'S game, it is not a foul to make physical contact. Maybe in the ACC hitting is a foul. But not in real football haha!

So, you call it a fluke play if a defender runs down a ball carrier, grabs him, and basically punks him by just physically TAKING the ball from him. Like the character Debo from Friday. "Whatcha got on my 40 homie"

USC = Debo.
Clemson = Red.

"Oh, THAT bike. Didn't know you wanted it back homie"......."THATS MY BIKE PUNK"

Friday/USC fans will be laughing in tears right now

Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 PM

THATS MY BALL PUNK!

Image Boyd saw as USC ripped the ball away from him. "Fluke" right Pelham?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:10 PM

304 posts, read 266,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Yes. It's called a steal. Or, simultaneous possession if they both have the ball. If the guy is holding the ball, you can absolutely hit the ball and force a "fumble", called a turnover in hoops. In football, a MAN'S game, it is not a foul to make physical contact. Maybe in the ACC hitting is a foul. But not in real football haha!

So, you call it a fluke play if a defender runs down a ball carrier, grabs him, and basically punks him by just physically TAKING the ball from him. Like the character Debo from Friday. "Whatcha got on my 40 homie"

USC = Debo.
Clemson = Red.

"Oh, THAT bike. Didn't know you wanted it back homie"......."THATS MY BIKE PUNK"

Friday/USC fans will be laughing in tears right now
alrighty then.

i figured the love of the fumble was the "it's a man's game". lol some people like football b/c of the thug aspect. mugg the player to get the ball is exciting stuff I guess.

I'm talking about fouls where the defensive players mugg the guy with the ball. not a clean steal. you don't seem to understand the game of basketball at all. You can't mug a player on offense for a steal in bball. I'm saying that should be a rule in football. Tackles should be about stopping the player with the ball, not about hacking the player with the ball to get the ball. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 PM

Here is video of what it was like for Tajh Boyd to have the ball punked away from him:
Friday : Debo Jacking Red Scene - YouTube

Boyd: "Im gonna tuck mine in" hahahaha!!!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM

304 posts, read 266,674 times
Friday is a dumb movie. can't believe you are referencing that. ice cube or ice tea, dumb dude can't act.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
alrighty then.

i figured the love of the fumble was the "it's a man's game". lol some people like football b/c of the thug aspect. mugg the player to get the ball is exciting stuff I guess.

I'm talking about fouls where the defensive players mugg the guy with the ball. not a clean steal. you don't seem to understand the game of basketball at all. You can't mug a player on offense for a steal in bball. I'm saying that should be a rule in football. Tackles should be about stopping the player with the ball, not about hacking the player with the ball to get the ball. Just my 2 cents.
Hey idiot, it's football. Physically dominating another person. TAKING the ball from him. Running him over. Pushing them off the line. It is a physical, violent game. Weak men don't play it.

If you can't hold on to the ball, you shouldn't be on the field.

As for Boyd.....there is a reason SMART coaches tell their QB's to SLIDE. Because they aren't as strong as defensive players, and they could get KO'ed, or have the ball taken. Boyd didn't slide. As you saw, Shaw often slid, or ran out of bounds. He played smarter than Boyd. Spurrier coached him up better than Swinney did Tajh.

Otherwise, Tajh wouldn't have gotten the "Debo" treatment.

THATS MY BIKE PUNK!!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Friday is a dumb movie. can't believe you are referencing that. ice cube or ice tea, dumb dude can't act.
Its a perfect analogy for the nonsense you are spewing. Debo didn't get Red's bike or necklace by a fluke. He took it.

Just like USC TOOK the ball from Boyd. Not a fluke. Its why good coaches teach QB's to slide. Clemson must not. Shaw did and went out of bounds.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Tajh Boyd: "Yeah, its just like its both ours, we'll just keep it down at my place"

USC D: "THATS MY BIKE PUNK!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina