Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2021, 04:33 PM

308 posts, read 468,613 times

Advertisements

It is my understanding that Publix will be opening a location in Florence. Location and Logistics being worked out. Hopefully an announcement will be made this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 11:01 AM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
It is my understanding that Publix will be opening a location in Florence. Location and Logistics being worked out. Hopefully an announcement will be made this year!
What areas would you think would be likely candidates.? I am surprised at how sluggish the east side of town seems to be growing.. I havent lived there since my college years and last time I went back Food Lion is still the only store close to FMU

Old 02-24-2021, 11:07 AM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
I read somewhere where they are planning to build a new Amtrak Station downtown? I think the ideal sites would likely be on a portion of the lot on Cheves and Church St or if they close a portion of the Railroad Street use a portion of the parking lot where it intersects with Cheves. The goal is to combine both the Greyhound and Amtrak in one location.. I think it could be a boost certainly for downtown and interstate travelers as well.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
What areas would you think would be likely candidates.? I am surprised at how sluggish the east side of town seems to be growing.. I havent lived there since my college years and last time I went back Food Lion is still the only store close to FMU
Publix is due to enter Florence. It could be waiting for its Distribution and Logistics to catch up on additional stores have opened and to step ahead to support additional stores that will open. Any new store being announced now will have a 2022 opening.

Where in Florence could Publix open a store? Pamplico Highway and South Florence could be a start, and West Florence and East Palmetto Street could be considered for future stores.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:12 AM

246 posts, read 432,067 times
It is already confirmed that a shopping center is coming along side the new Buc-ees on 327 at I-95. Perhaps this would be a good location for a Publix

Old 02-26-2021, 06:24 AM

308 posts, read 468,613 times
I don’t think the Bucees location for a Publix would be ideal unless they are focusing on interstate travel and not locals based on it’s location. Build some more subdivisions out there like they are doing in West Flo and that would then work.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
It is already confirmed that a shopping center is coming along side the new Buc-ees on 327 at I-95. Perhaps this would be a good location for a Publix
Does a site plan for this shopping center exist?

Old 02-28-2021, 01:38 AM

Quote:
I don’t think the Bucees location for a Publix would be ideal unless they are focusing on interstate travel and not locals based on it’s location. Build some more subdivisions out there like they are doing in West Flo and that would then work.
The North Williston Road corridor needs more residential development. The area surrounding the interchange at Interstate 95 leans more toward industrial development.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:27 AM

Tilt Studios is coming to the Magnolia Mall in the spot where JCPenney was,

This is per the 4th Quarter Results Meeting at PREIT, the company that owns the mall and can be verified on their website.

Direct Quote - "A lease with Tilt Studios was signed to replace JC Penney at Magnolia Mall in Florence, SC."

Anyone been to one?
Looks similar to a Dave & Busters type concept.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:32 PM

Got word that Jersey Mikes is planning to open in the former Which Wich in the Academy Sports Shopping Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina