Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 09:19 PM

634 posts, read 328,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I actually liked their prime rib breakfast biscuit. And they added a fried egg version of the bacon egg and cheese biscuit which was good. But I agree their Hotcake breakfast sandwich was not as good as the McGriddle from McDonald's. But I usually get a sausage egg or the country ham and egg biscuit and they are still good. And for burgers I really like the Famous Star, Superstar, and Big Hardee with the special sauces which they returned last summer from Carl's Jr. The Big Hardee is like the old Big Twin with 1000 Island style sauce, and the Famous and Super Stars have the red relish sauce.
I didn't quite care for the prime rib items. I do like their biscuits and gravy but not necessarily more than McDonald's. Same with the hotcake sandwich you mentioned; it's no McGriddle.
I haven't eaten a non-breakfast item from Hardee's since 2016 though. I remember it perfectly: we were at the hospital, my wife was waiting to eventually be induced, the nurses said I had plenty of time and that I should go get food, I went straight to Hardee's, and while checking out I got a call asking where I was and saying that I needed to get back immediately or I'd miss my son's birth. I rushed back trying to stuff as much food into my mouth as possible while driving and left the rest of it in the car, where it sat in the parking garage for the next day.
Every now and then I think I kind of want Hardee's for dinner but I work nights and don't wake up early enough when I'm not at work to be able to ever get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 10:40 AM

249 posts, read 435,544 times
Originally, the K-Mart space was going to be chopped up to include a grocery story and 2 more retail properties (Foundry Commercial), I guess this plan went south due to COVID because now SCNOW.com is reporting that U-Haul is interested in the property...

Quoting from the article,
"On the agenda for the monthly meeting of the Florence Board of Zoning Appeals is a request from Amereco Real Estate Company, the parent company of U-Haul, for a screening variance for the property.

The company plans to convert the building into indoor and outdoor self-storage and a retail place to sell moving and hauling supplies. It also plans to have outdoor areas for equipment storage and pickup and drop-off."

Old 12-18-2020, 01:25 PM

313 posts, read 471,684 times
Yes Covid has really screwed up a lot of development. I haven’t heard about the proposed Urban Square. Does anyone know if that is still a go?

Old 12-19-2020, 04:37 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
Originally, the K-Mart space was going to be chopped up to include a grocery story and 2 more retail properties (Foundry Commercial), I guess this plan went south due to COVID because now SCNOW.com is reporting that U-Haul is interested in the property...

"On the agenda for the monthly meeting of the Florence Board of Zoning Appeals is a request from Amereco Real Estate Company, the parent company of U-Haul, for a screening variance for the property.

The company plans to convert the building into indoor and outdoor self-storage and a retail place to sell moving and hauling supplies. It also plans to have outdoor areas for equipment storage and pickup and drop-off."
The proposed grocery store was to be a Harris Teeter supermarket. Harris Teeter is remodeling its existing store instead.

Old 12-21-2020, 10:47 AM

249 posts, read 435,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
Yes Covid has really screwed up a lot of development. I haven’t heard about the proposed Urban Square. Does anyone know if that is still a go?
Refresh my mind - what is the proposed Urban Square?

Old 12-21-2020, 06:00 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,027,000 times
Quote:

U-Haul purchased quite a few Kmart properties including Greenwood's. Not a big fan of what they did putting storage units in the parking lot at a very prominent intersection (HWY 25/ 72) in Greenwood. Really stinks for the rest of the shopping center. Should have never been allowed IMO.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:45 PM

313 posts, read 471,684 times
Quote:
Refresh my mind - what is the proposed Urban Square?
So after I made that post there was a news story about it on WMBF https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/12/18/...n-development/

Old 12-22-2020, 08:56 AM

8,248 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
So after I made that post there was a news story about it on WMBF https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/12/18/...n-development/
Thanks for sharing.. I guess there are no renderings yet of Urban Square? Maybe they are still forthcoming. Downtown FLorence is coming along nicely and will eventually rival Spartanburg in the future. Having three hotels downtown in a city of Florence size is quite an accomplishment for an SC city.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:13 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
U-Haul purchased quite a few Kmart properties including Greenwood's. Not a big fan of what they did putting storage units in the parking lot at a very prominent intersection (HWY 25/ 72) in Greenwood. Really stinks for the rest of the shopping center. Should have never been allowed IMO.
Storage facilities kill off redevelopment of retail centers in prime locations. Municipalities and counties would have fun creating special zoning for storage facilities and regulating uses when considering redevelopment of retail centers.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:09 PM

8,248 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Storage facilities kill off redevelopment of retail centers in prime locations. Municipalities and counties would have fun creating special zoning for storage facilities and regulating uses when considering redevelopment of retail centers.
I have seen where some cities have allowed ground floor space in multi story storage facilities used as makers spaces for artisans or small cottage industries because it matches the industrial zoning that these facilities often seek out. It works well in urban centers where there are existing warehouses or where they allow new warehouses but want to maintain the industrial feel while allowing other uses at the street level.. I havent seen many multi story storage facilities in SC as they can simply spread out at a single level. In fact most people likely prefer a single story facility as opposed to a multi story one for convenience. ...But your point, if it goes into a shopping center it is certainly creating a 'dead zone' of activity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina