Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2020, 08:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
Konnichiwa Bento, Sushi & Grill Is opening where Zoe’s was at the Florence Mall

And Overstock Furniture/Mattress is going where Stein Mart was

This info is on the leasing site for the Florence Mall (River Crest Properties)

Also worth noting that it states Hardee’s is coming available and Shane’s Rib Shack. I’m guessing this either means that business is closing or someone can buy the franchise and keep it open?
Is the Hardee's on mall property? Perhaps they did not renew their lease due to high rent. Are there other strong performing Hardee's locations in the area? They may seek to build a new style building at another nearby location. Is that Hardee's a franchise or corporate location?

Hardee's is popular in the southeast, and the breakfast menu has always been strong. And recently they returned the Star burgers from Carl's Jr, with the thin patties and special sauce. They have been strong performers on the menu and a nice addition. And in the past year, the Thickburgers have been upgraded to fresh cooked rather than precooked, which is also nice improvement. Right now they are relaunching and promoting the Monster Angus Thickburger. Big double cheeseburger with bacon. It is served with mayo but ask them to add the red sauce from the Famous Star and takes it to another level. Great burger, now fresh cooked. But meanwhile they continue to support strong locations and close others that are poorly managed or under performing.

And by the way, do any Hardee's in the Pee Dee region still serve fried chicken, as originally introduced from Roy Rogers back in the 90's? Some franchise Hardee's near Aiken, Barnwell, and Swansea reportedly still serve fried chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 09:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Hardee's has been closing underperforming restaurants chainwide.

Old 12-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Yes that is correct. But sometimes it is because their lease on the property runs out or due to high rent.

Old 12-08-2020, 10:41 AM

247 posts, read 433,276 times
Hardee's used to be better than what it is now - of course this is my "opinion"

While other fast food chains have cars around the building, I hardly see this at a Hardees.

Regardless, I hate to see any business close - I'm hoping they do as the other Hardees in the area has done, (the one on 52 and the one on Irby) and just build nicer buildings and move a little down the road.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:58 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,864,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
They just built a brand new Hardee's not long ago on 52 and 95.. about 5 miles or so from that location

Old 12-08-2020, 09:33 PM

634 posts, read 327,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
Hardee's used to be better than what it is now - of course this is my "opinion"
I was getting Hardees pretty regularly for breakfast after getting off work in the morning last year and for half of this year, but they got rid of the Pork Chop and Gravy biscuit in the summer and I almost completely stopped going. They told me they couldn't put gravy on the Chicken Fried Steak biscuit (I purchased a separate order of biscuits and gravy once to try to combine the gravy from it with the Chicken Fried Steak biscuit and it wasn't all that good) and all of their newer breakfast items have been terrible.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:16 AM

247 posts, read 433,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
They just built a brand new Hardee's not long ago on 52 and 95.. about 5 miles or so from that location
Yes, correct, they moved from 1/4 mile down the road (beside Cracker Barrell) from an old location, into a brand new building beside the Dunkin Donuts.

This was done with the one on Irby also - it used to be where the car wash is on the corner of 2nd Loop and Irby, and they moved to a brand new building by the Taco Bell.

This may be what is done with this one also.
The Hardees in Hartsville did it, moved to a brand new building,
The Hardees in Darlington did it also

Old 12-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
Yes recently Hardee's has been closing older locations and building new ones. If older stores are underperforming or have high rent then they are likely to close.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
I was getting Hardees pretty regularly for breakfast after getting off work in the morning last year and for half of this year, but they got rid of the Pork Chop and Gravy biscuit in the summer and I almost completely stopped going. They told me they couldn't put gravy on the Chicken Fried Steak biscuit (I purchased a separate order of biscuits and gravy once to try to combine the gravy from it with the Chicken Fried Steak biscuit and it wasn't all that good) and all of their newer breakfast items have been terrible.
I actually liked their prime rib breakfast biscuit. And they added a fried egg version of the bacon egg and cheese biscuit which was good. But I agree their Hotcake breakfast sandwich was not as good as the McGriddle from McDonald's. But I usually get a sausage egg or the country ham and egg biscuit and they are still good. And for burgers I really like the Famous Star, Superstar, and Big Hardee with the special sauces which they returned last summer from Carl's Jr. The Big Hardee is like the old Big Twin with 1000 Island style sauce, and the Famous and Super Stars have the red relish sauce.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:05 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,864,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Yes recently Hardee's has been closing older locations and building new ones. If older stores are underperforming or have high rent then they are likely to close.
If they are moving from.the location near florence mall i could see them moving near the magnolia mall. Just to be closer to.the high way and the traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina