Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 08:15 PM

308 posts, read 469,785 times

Advertisements

I love Jersey Mike’s!!! We had one before for a short period of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 09:12 PM

634 posts, read 327,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
Tilt Studios is coming to the Magnolia Mall in the spot where JCPenney was,

This is per the 4th Quarter Results Meeting at PREIT, the company that owns the mall and can be verified on their website.

Direct Quote - "A lease with Tilt Studios was signed to replace JC Penney at Magnolia Mall in Florence, SC."

Anyone been to one?
Looks similar to a Dave & Busters type concept.
I looked up their site and it looks pretty cool, more like an old-school traditional arcade than a Dave & Busters. I'll miss JCPenny (JCPenny is always a good place to find graphic tees in Big and Tall sizes) but I'll definitely stop into Tilt with my kids whenever we are at Magnolia.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:00 AM

247 posts, read 433,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
I love Jersey Mike’s!!! We had one before for a short period of time.
This has been confirmed, signage in the window of the old Which Wich.

Also, got word that Tilt Studios will not take up the entire JCPenney Space, they may be splitting it up like they did with the old Sears spot where they made it from Sears to Burlington, Five Below, and Home Goods.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:51 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Tilt Studios is coming to the Magnolia Mall in the spot where JCPenney was,

This is per the 4th Quarter Results Meeting at PREIT, the company that owns the mall and can be verified on their website.

Direct Quote - "A lease with Tilt Studios was signed to replace JC Penney at Magnolia Mall in Florence, SC."

Anyone been to one?
Looks similar to a Dave & Busters type concept.
Wow... Looks like it will be their only store in SC which is interesting that they picked Florence. I guess because it is large enough and doesnt have a Dave and Busters. I am sure it will be a hit... There was a place called Jillian's in Vista years ago it was very similar to this.. I think it closed because of bad management because it was generally packed.. the Vista evolved and competition increased as well.

Florence still seems like it hasnt entered its prime yet.. looking forward to seeing what continues to come to town...

Old 04-02-2021, 06:42 AM

Rode by to see the construction on Bucees on 327 the other day, and noticed that the land behind the BP Convenience Store by the McDonalds - they are clearing it out. Not sure what the plan is for that area, but several acres were being cleared.

I've always envisioned them opening that area up at the light with maybe a grocery store or small shopping center. I'll dig and see if I find anything.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:08 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,865,400 times
Quote:
Rode by to see the construction on Bucees on 327 the other day, and noticed that the land behind the BP Convenience Store by the McDonalds - they are clearing it out. Not sure what the plan is for that area, but several acres were being cleared.

I've always envisioned them opening that area up at the light with maybe a grocery store or small shopping center. I'll dig and see if I find anything.
Area doesn't have enough homes for a grocery. If there was one built it would need to be closer to the flea market

Old 04-05-2021, 07:29 PM

308 posts, read 469,785 times
I believe that area is really about to explode with development. I drove by that area Saturday and noticed all the trees that they are cutting down. It would be nice if it was some type of industry to bring in jobs to the area. On another note I wonder what is going in behind Bucees ?

Old 04-06-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
I believe that area is really about to explode with development. I drove by that area Saturday and noticed all the trees that they are cutting down. It would be nice if it was some type of industry to bring in jobs to the area. On another note I wonder what is going in behind Bucees ?
Along with the Bucees, Francis Marion is using a lot of that land for I think an aquatic center.
Per the article also - it mentions a small shopping center with 8 ready to go pads for outer parcels.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:56 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Along with the Bucees, Francis Marion is using a lot of that land for I think an aquatic center.
Per the article also - it mentions a small shopping center with 8 ready to go pads for outer parcels.
I am not complaining.. but I wonder why FMU decided to build this facility on I-95? I am sure there is a good reason..I can cant find my latest edition of The Patriot to recall why...Just seems like FMU has a ton of land over on the main campus.. unless there was some incentive/gift/partnership to place it on this site?

Old 04-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I am not complaining.. but I wonder why FMU decided to build this facility on I-95? I am sure there is a good reason..I can cant find my latest edition of The Patriot to recall why...Just seems like FMU has a ton of land over on the main campus.. unless there was some incentive/gift/partnership to place it on this site?
Here is some info from the article - regarding the FMU part (not sure if this was posted here yet)

The travel center will be just off of Interstate 95 in between Columbia and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It will anchor an 80-acre retail/hospitality development that will be part of a 500-acre multiuse park, according to Buc-ee's. The initial phase of the retail/hospitality area includes eight pad-ready outparcels, and the park also offers 190 acres of industrial/research development tracts and 225 acres for research, education and greenspace. Francis Marion University Campus will build its new Fresh Water Ecology Research and Conference Center along a 20-acre spring-fed lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina