Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,622,848 times

Advertisements

Chris Berman to me is the worst. I get the impression that he thinks he's a big time celebrity, and above everyone else. To me, he is an absolute nobody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 01:59 PM

861 posts, read 1,149,684 times
I would love to see Dick Vitale and Brent Mouse-turds battle it out in a fight club.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,406,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
I would love to see Dick Vitale and Brent Mouse-turds battle it out in a fight club.
There was a time I think when Musburger and Jimmy Snyder got into a fist fight in a bar once.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 AM

437 posts, read 548,928 times
marv albert is terrible(and overrated as hell)
stephen A smith and skip bayless are always race baiting (seems like at least once a show these days)
I can't stand Jim Nantz calling football games. He's perfect for hosting a pregame show and doing golf
Phil Simms is pretty annoying
Bomani Jones on espn gets annoying with the southern slang..throwing in phrases like "turn up" "get it how you live" "bout that life" "dont believe me just watch" etc whenever he can..mark jones also says turnt up all the time

to me ian eagle is the best play by play man followed by gus johnson...jeff van gundy and mike breen are the best for the nba by far

Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
marv albert is terrible(and overrated as hell)
stephen A smith and skip bayless are always race baiting (seems like at least once a show these days)
I can't stand Jim Nantz calling football games. He's perfect for hosting a pregame show and doing golf
Phil Simms is pretty annoying
Bomani Jones on espn gets annoying with the southern slang..throwing in phrases like "turn up" "get it how you live" "bout that life" "dont believe me just watch" etc whenever he can..mark jones also says turnt up all the time

to me ian eagle is the best play by play man followed by gus johnson...jeff van gundy and mike breen are the best for the nba by far
You like Gus Johnson? So do I! And I also like Eagle. As for the worst: Chris Berman, Joe Buck, Joe Morgan, John Madden, Cris Collinsworth, John Sterling, Shannon Sharpe, Dan Dierdorf, which one of these do you think is the worst?

Old 04-29-2014, 02:04 AM

437 posts, read 548,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
You like Gus Johnson? So do I! And I also like Eagle. As for the worst: Chris Berman, Joe Buck, Joe Morgan, John Madden, Cris Collinsworth, John Sterling, Shannon Sharpe, Dan Dierdorf, which one of these do you think is the worst?

Hmm...I don't particularily like any of them except for Collinsworth. I kinda like Berman but that's solely because I loved nfl primetime growing up...I don't find him very entertaining now. Most of the people you mentioned are boring to me but not bad enough to ever think of unless I'm watching them. Other than that I forget they exist. Most of the people on those football pregame shows don't have much to say that matters...same with the espn halftime shows. the tnt halftime shows go through one ear and out the other. I don't even remember anything Joe Mordan said. Dan Dierdorf just retired and they jus let shannon sharpe go so I guess Joe buck s the worst of em. Some more terrible analysts are shaq, deion, ron jawarski, reggie miller, hubie brown. I find Al Michaels boring as well.

One guy I liked was Bill Walton. Not for his game analysis but for his nonsensical entertaining things he'd go on about that had nothing to do with anything...like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

I preferred Gus Johnson on cbs cus he was dong march madness and nfl games back then...now I only see him doing an occasional college football game.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 AM

7,604 posts, read 6,110,858 times
I met Dick Vitale in person a few times, he is one of those celebrity types that loves to be noticed and seems almost offended if someone does not speak to him. He drives a convertible with a license plate that says "YA BABY"
As for an announcer, I pay little enough attention to him to rate him as best or worst, but he is egotistical and he sure likes public attention.

Still say that Lundquist is the worst ever.

Back in the 70's, a few NFL games were broadcast without commentary. It was a trial in a select few markets, mainly NY LA and Chicago. The only commentary was the same thing heard at the game......ie Smith with the carry gains 5 3rd down and 1.
Oddly enough people seemed to dislike it. They dropped it after a few weeks of trials.
Now they still had the crowd noise, the referee explanations of penalties but no play by play or commentary. Guess that means a lot to most fans. I would prefer not to have the commentary or play by play. I can see just fine who dropped or fumbled the ball.

I wish the SEC Would try that. I already have to watch SEC games with the sound turned off (IF I watch one at all)

Old 05-03-2014, 11:16 AM

8,297 posts, read 23,153,003 times
Ernie Johnson any of the albert's

Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Ernie Johnson any of the albert's
Let me guess, that includes Marv and Kenny Albert. I'm sure you're also thinking of Joe Morgan.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I met Dick Vitale in person a few times, he is one of those celebrity types that loves to be noticed and seems almost offended if someone does not speak to him. He drives a convertible with a license plate that says "YA BABY"
As for an announcer, I pay little enough attention to him to rate him as best or worst, but he is egotistical and he sure likes public attention.

Still say that Lundquist is the worst ever.
And what about baseball announcers? Who would you say the worst baseball announcer is? Many people say Joe Morgan; do you agree to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports