Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 11:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times

Advertisements

^^But he's not a journalist. None of them are. They are hired to give opinions and talk about a game in front of them. They aren't held to any standard of journalism. His opinion is that name is racist and he won't use it. That's fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Larry Merchant, he hates Floyd Mayweather.
I would consider that a positive for Larry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 10:12 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
To be honest I also find Chip Caray annoying. I know I like the majority of sports announcers but Caray just annoys me. Phil Simms is too biased especially on the Cowboys.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:18 PM

I not only dislike Chip Caray, Phil Simms, or Tony Kornheiser, and while I like Matt Underwood play-by-play announcer of the Indians, I don't like Rick Manning. He's just too biased, not only on the Indians, but also on other teams. Manning needs to go.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Jon Gruden....WORST of all time. There is not second.

He is the main reason I can barely stomach Monday Night Football anymore. He adds absolutely nothing to the telecast.

On the flip side the Sunday Night crew, Michaels and Collinsworth are the absolute BEST in football. Bar none.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:41 PM

I am also might, along with a lot of other Packer fans, say this, but I am starting to dislike Troy Aikman. He's really getting on my nerves. He's just so biased on the Cowboys, he also shows no respect for the Giants, Vikings, and Packers IMO. I'd rather listen to Dierdorf than Aikman or Daryl Johnston. He needs to go.

Plus I'd rather listen to CBS and NBC; much of their announcers are so much better than Fox. I think Brian Billick and Tim Ryan, not the former CBS play-by-play announcer Tim Ryan, are overrated as well. Neither one of them like the Vikings or the Packers. I'm not a Viking fan myself but I think Brian Billick is a good coach and he needs to back to coaching, not announcing. The coach I like the most, besides John Madden, is Bill Cowher; he's intelligent and he knows his football. I especially like listening to Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth. I generally like Joe Buck but he does get annoying at times and I also generally like Tim McCarver but he gets so negative at times. Again Troy Aikman needs to go. He shows no respect of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers IMO as Joe Buck does.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 04-08-2016 at 06:16 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 10:10 PM

Plus Aikman is an arrogant announcer anyways. He obviously hates the Packers, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, Patriots though I don't like the Patriots myself, and 49ers.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 PM

Right now the worst that I know of NFL announcers besides Troy Aikman is Tony Kornheiser. Kornheiser was awful on Monday Ngiht Football but he is great on Pardon the Interruption. I don't like Phil Simms. I'd rather listen to Dierdorf. And I am not a fan of Daryl Johnston either but I'd much rather listen to him than Aikman. Plus the Pirates have the best broadcasters in all of Major League Baseball, even with Tim Neverett leaving for the Red Sox. The worst broadcasters in baseball are the Yankees, other than Michael Kay, especially John Sterling. Sterling is really annoying.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 04-21-2016 at 08:34 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM

I also can't stand Ron Jaworski. At least he was removed from the booth.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:44 AM

10,020 posts, read 8,635,195 times
I don't pay much attention to the announcers anymore but in the old days I always thought the worst one was Howard Cosell. St. Louis couldn't stand him. I remember a Monday Night Football game years ago in St. Louis where someone in the stands was holding up a sign that read:

WELCOME TO ST.LOUIS
HI FRANK
HOWDY DON
COSELL SUCKS

Meredith said, " They didn't forget you Howard "

Old 06-08-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I don't pay much attention to the announcers anymore but in the old days I always thought the worst one was Howard Cosell. St. Louis couldn't stand him. I remember a Monday Night Football game years ago in St. Louis where someone in the stands was holding up a sign that read:

WELCOME TO ST.LOUIS
HI FRANK
HOWDY DON
COSELL SUCKS

Meredith said, " They didn't forget you Howard "
Remember when the year the Packers won the Super Bowl and the Howard, Wisconsin water tower was vandalized? It read, "GO HOME HOWARD!", referring to Howard Cosell, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports