Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 08:03 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times

Advertisements

Howdy Stranger! So good to hear from you again. We were wondering about you at the last dinner meeting.
You didn't tell mrs LCE your daughter was coming!?!?!? You are lucky she didn't have a heart attack!! A pleasant surprize tho, I know! Those grandkids are the bomb!! I have had all of my kids come back home at some point in their adult lives, so I feel your pain/pleasure! A little chaos is good for the soul! But, I'm happy to say I Have been "kid free" now for a whole year!!
We are remodeling our front bathroom, too! (and remodeling the kitchen and putting in hardwood floors. The list goes on and on!)
I feel inconvenienced in the morning with only one bathroom and it's just the 2 of us!

Well, if you don't move down here, you can always come visit! AND, Colorado Springs sounds like a nice place to see!

Tell your mrs LCE and the gang hello from Missouri!!

My sympathy to you and the family on your Dads passing.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
I'm with Darlynn, Escapee...sooo sorry to hear of your father's passing. It sounds like you had a good relationship and are therefore, handling it well. My father just turned 84 and is still going strong so I can only guess what you all must be going through.

Well, as for your moving...and not being sure of where or when...you're in good company with a whole lot of others. Many are in your same situation and even though we made the move in '06, we didn't know until we closed escrow whether it would all work out that we would move here.

Guess I've got some more things to be addin' to my prayer list! The good news is that Yahweh is the one who created our entire universe so I'm thinkin' He's BIG ENOUGH to handle whatever we toss His way!!!

Keep in touch!

MrsG
Jeremiah 29:11

Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 AM

318 posts, read 727,265 times
Ditto from me here to what Darlynn and Mrs G said. I hope you are doing well and my best to you and your family. Enjoy the busy household with the grandchildren...

Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Default Hi from me too...

Leftcoastescapee...we WERE just talking about you!

I'm so glad you decided to update the gang here...even tho' we're a little sad that your family won't be Missouri residents...at least you can call yourself a Virtual Resident!

And in that vein...here's a virtual hug for the whole family over the loss of Grandpa. (((((((((((())))))))))))

Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
I'll make number 5. God bless you and take care! Listen, I have friends who moved to Colorado Springs from California two years ago, and they love it. Our main security guard at my workplace has a daughter who lives there too, and he would like to move to CS some point later on.

We plan to make St. Joseph, MO our new residence, but will want to visit Garden of the Gods, Focus on the Family, Pikes Peak and other attractions out there!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:04 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default SMALL..I like it!

First time I've been "small" in 15 years! I'll take it!

And Leftcoast..didn't get to meet you but sorry to hear about your dad. My dad lives out here on the lake and just turned 90. Still going strong, but age is catching up. Glad you had a good relationship with your dad.

I have a work-friend who lives in CS CO...loves it. Moved there from the Bay Area (the company we worked for lets most employees work remotely from anywhere they like) and just seems to enjoy everything about it.

Good luck with the household. There are only 2 of us and sometimes 2 1/2 bathrooms doesn't seem like enough!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default March Reminder

The Over The Fence Coffee Club meets at 10:00 a.m. next Wed (March 12th) at the Riverwalk Jazz Cafe right off the square in historic Ozark.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some of you new folks..or those that keep hidin' out (Snake?)

Last edited by mrschilicook; 03-04-2008 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-04-2008, 02:28 PM

35 posts, read 99,737 times
Wish I could be there. Maybe next month....

Old 03-06-2008, 11:20 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default My 500th Post!!!

Wow! Seems like just the other day...I wandered through this forum and actually registered. (It was my 1st time! Really!)

Now look! 500 posts! Gonna have a BIG celebration at The Riverwalk Jazz Cafe with my MO peeps, next Wednesday!!

Join us!! You won't regret it!!

But watch out! It's habit forming!

Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM

156 posts, read 387,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Wow! Seems like just the other day...I wandered through this forum and actually registered. (It was my 1st time! Really!)

Now look! 500 posts! Gonna have a BIG celebration at The Riverwalk Jazz Cafe with my MO peeps, next Wednesday!!

Join us!! You won't regret it!!

But watch out! It's habit forming!

I have a Lear Jet on order Darlynn...soon as it comes in I'm in.....I'm just teasing...it's an over the fence club, not an over the state line club lol....Be sure to take pictures though...not just wallet size this time kk lol

Last edited by GregoryS; 03-06-2008 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area