Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 11:17 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrsgirl View Post
Hi all,

My family is relocating to the area around the 15th of April and i have been reading the coffee club threads and thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Michelle and my family consists of my Husband Joe Barr, my 4 ty. old daughter and our 19 year old son. We are in AZ now and can't wait to get there. I'm sure you'll find this hard to believe but we can't wait to get out of this dry dessert and get around some rain and trees.
Michelle!!! So nice to meet you!!! Welcome to City-Data Forums. And I must agree with our wonderful ShadowCaver when he says...'The bestest part of the forum'. You'll find the MO peeps to be some of the most incredible people here....but, then again, I AM a little 'partial' to 'em.

It must be exciting to have your move date so close. The anticipation, the excitement, the thought of the new adventure.....what fun. Have you ever lived in MO before? If not, you're gonna LOVE IT!!! I'm so happy for you and your family.

As for the OTFCC, we'd LOVE to have you join us....family included. We have a really good time, and enjoy meeting newcomers to the area. I know it really helped me feel less lost, ya know? It's just a real casual gathering...no expectations from anyone...just a friendly get together with friends...new & old.

Since you'll be here after the April gathering....we'll hope to see you in May. Just look here for MrsC to announce the scoop.

Again, welcome to MO, to CD and to the MO Forum....take your shoes off, get comfy and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Ok gang and newcomers...

First there are two OTFCC get togethers this month. One is a night out with the Branson Brothers (see Darlyn0217's earlier post) on Saturday April 26th. Please let her know if your interested as she is getting us discounted tickets. Also let her know if you are interested in having dinner in Branson sometime before the show. She will confirm the particulars in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like Wed. April 9th, 10:00 is a go for a coffee clatch. However, the "Where" is still open. While the last was in Ozark (middle ground) the show is in Branson. So may I suggest that the April coffee meet be in Springfield for some of the newcomers who are interested? I would also suggest Kaldi's on Battlefield. If someone wants to suggest something else speak up....all input welcome. If the above is ok with everyone please let the thread know..
Thanks for the update, MrsC. Kaldi's sounds great to me! And thanks for helpin' me out with the scheduling. I really appreciate it. It really bums da boofster out when she's not able to come. Hopefully MrsG, LJ, Darlin', BabyFaceMinerals & G4 will be able to arrange their schedules to make it too.....along with all the newbie folks like Erdnuss, & GregW, etc...

Hopin' to see ya'll there,
Boof

Last edited by Boof; 03-21-2008 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Dork Alert!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:05 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwasserman View Post
Hey everyone, I am interested in attending the next OTFCC meeting. Have you decided on when/where? Or even started thinking about it?

Hope everyone is above water right now...
Hi'ya, Greg! I'm looking forward to meeting you! Hope to see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Hi gregwasserman! Welcome!! We would love for you to join us!
I believe we decided on April 9th @ The French Hen, 10am, for the coffee and I want to invite ALL of ya'll to The Branson Brothers Show at the Americana Theatre on the 26th of April. We will get a group rate of $10.00 each! (Reg.$30.) Please direct message me if you are going to attend, so I can give the theatre our numbers a few days ahead of time. We are still working out the details on when and where to meet, with a possible dinner get together, prior to the show....Keep ckg in here for details!

No more rain!! Here are some pictures taken around the area! It is bad!!
KSPR News | YouNewsTV (http://www.kspr.com/younews - broken link)
Hey, Darlynn! Thanks for sharin' the link. I usually take a lot of pictures of the flooding but this time, didn't even see it. I have been quite the homebody lately.

I've got to check with my schedule and my husband on the Branson Brothers before I can commit but I hope we can make it! Thanks for puttin' it all together for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Ok gang and newcomers...

First there are two OTFCC get togethers this month. One is a night out with the Branson Brothers (see Darlyn0217's earlier post) on Saturday April 26th. Please let her know if your interested as she is getting us discounted tickets. Also let her know if you are interested in having dinner in Branson sometime before the show. She will confirm the particulars in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like Wed. April 9th, 10:00 is a go for a coffee clatch. However, the "Where" is still open. While the last was in Ozark (middle ground) the show is in Branson. So may I suggest that the April coffee meet be in Springfield for some of the newcomers who are interested? I would also suggest Kaldi's on Battlefield. If someone wants to suggest something else speak up....all input welcome. If the above is ok with everyone please let the thread know..
I'm in for Kaldi's at 10am on April 9th!

Quote:
Hi all,

My family is relocating to the area around the 15th of April and i have been reading the coffee club threads and thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Michelle and my family consists of my Husband Joe Barr, my 4 ty. old daughter and our 19 year old son. We are in AZ now and can't wait to get there. I'm sure you'll find this hard to believe but we can't wait to get out of this dry dessert and get around some rain and trees.
Welcome, barrsgirl! We look forward to gettin' to know ya better! So, whereabouts in MO are ya'll movin' to??? Got any questions fer us oldtimers here?

One of our sons and his family live in AZ and when we were thinkin' of leavin' CA, we considered movin' to AZ but only for about 30 seconds! Hahaha! It's tooo hot an' dry for usss!

We've been here about 1 1/2 years now...in the Springfield area...and love it! Like L J said, we love the green that goes on through the summer! We love the hills and trees and yes, even the rain, too. We were so excited this week to look out and see the grass had seemingly turned green overnight and to see the trees and vines comin' back to life! I have had just about all I can take of the winter brown.

Anyway, you're arrivin' in one of the pertiest times o' the year...good thinkin'! We're excited for you and look forward to meeting you all!

MrsG

Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 PM

9 posts, read 16,390 times
Default Thanks everyone...

WOW...What can I say. That was just an awesome response from all of you. My husband has been invited to play in the benefit that DARLYNN is planning on the 26th? I think. We are happy to say that we are planning our trip early to be there for the event. I can't wait to get there and have some coffee w/ all of you. I do not get on the forum everyday because I manage a restaurant and have a four year old ( and a husband ) so my time is pretty consumed....Talk to you all soon. Have a great Holiday...barrsgirl

Old 03-22-2008, 10:22 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Hmmmm,,, you say you have a 4 yo AND a husband - is it just me, or is it the way you say that, but for some reason I hanker the impression that one of them is cranky at times, needs a nap often, must be fed continuously, gets dirty often, acts childish sometimes, and when is under the weather demands your attention even more... so, dare you state here, on a public forum, just which one is consuming your time more of?

seriously, and again, welcome!

btw, what kind of restaurant is it that you manage? imagine that is quite stressful?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 AM

Smile Oh that's good

Well my hubby of course No , I guess i can't complain. Since I manage the restaurant ( an " upscale BBQ " one ) it consumes a lot of my hrs. I just got a promo to Asst. General Manager and I am there a lot, while he is home doing the cooking and QT w/ his Daddy's girl. He just took her shopping for an Easter dress where she picked out her , on her own, Matching (exactly) Shoes.....That's my girlMy time off is precious w/ both of them but how true about when he is under the weather.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 AM

Hey, I just noticed that I'm getting a reputation on the forum.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 AM

156 posts, read 387,958 times
Quote:
Hey, I just noticed that I'm getting a reputation on the forum.
And you are doing quite well too barrsgirl...At this rate you will pass me up in...hmmmmm let me see... about a month...This is how I think it works. In order to give it to someone who deserves it, you have to go around and give it freely to everyone who doesn't in order to give it to the original one who you wanted to give to in the first place...twice.

And don't expect anything if ya happen to wander into the retirement forum...They won't give a blind crippled squirrel an acorn over there....Lots of curmudgeons over there lol....but I think I'm breaking them down....almost got one to smile the other day..lol...just teasing...I'm an AARP member folks

Happy Easter to you and belated welcome to the forum

Last edited by GregoryS; 03-23-2008 at 12:05 PM..

Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryS View Post
And you are doing quite well too barrsgirl...At this rate you will pass me up in...hmmmmm let me see... about a month...This is how I think it works. In order to give it to someone who deserves it, you have to go around and give it freely to everyone who doesn't in order to give it to the original one who you wanted to give to in the first place...twice.

And don't expect anything if ya happen to wander into the retirement forum...They won't give a blind crippled squirrel an acorn over there....Lots of curmudgeons over there lol....but I think I'm breaking them down....almost got one to smile the other day..lol...just teasing...I'm an AARP member folks

Happy Easter to you and belated welcome to the forum
Yep g...just tried to give you some reps, but NOOOO I have to spread it around first!!

barrsgirl ~ PETSTOCK III, The 3rd annual benefit for the Branson Tri-Lakes Humane Society is April 27th, at Ahoy's in Kimberling City, LIVE MUSIC ALL DAY and the trip to see the Branson Brothers is Saturday night, April 26th. OK? Who wants to go with us?? We will have a busy weekend!! I'll post details on the event thread about Petstock!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Just sent a couple of rep points Gregory's way! I shouldn't've waited so long to do so.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:02 AM

318 posts, read 727,265 times
Well finally checking in with the OTFCC Gang. Glad to see everyone is doing fine. Was out of town for a week for a family wedding. Came back to finish taxes and then kids were on Spring Break. Just catching up now that I have some free time. I will be trying to attend the April 9th coffee date but will not be able to attend the Branson show. I am having my in-laws in town, so better luck for me next time. Thanks for all you are doing Darlynn. Hope everyone is off to a good week and getting ready for some more rain. ;o( .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area