Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
I didn't. The people my age (some 20 odd years ago) seemed skeevy.
Hi Silvermouse,

Sorry Seymour was not to your liking. Have you seen the play/movie Little Shop of Horrors? The man-eating plant always says "Feeeed me Seymour". Every time I hear the name, that comes to mind....warped huh!

Tambre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 PM

144 posts, read 552,426 times
I am 25 and I teach first grade. I have taught two years. Last year my husband and I moved to Ozark and I taught in Sparta. I was skeptical of the district (but it was about the only job I could score with no experience) but I was surprised. My kids there were really bright ! I no longer teach there, as our previous home in Joplin didn't sell as planned. After carrying it for a year and a half, we moved back to Joplin (I drove from Sparta to Joplin everyday for a long time...right over those traintracks!). We are now in the process of trying this whole "relocate to Springfield" thing again. This time, though, my husband will be promoted so his company will buy our old house so we don't have that issue. I thought James River was the WORST in the afternoon...although it is safe to say I could have had much less patience by then too.

I have found many of the district around Springfield are hard to get in to. If you do not KNOW someone there, you are likely not going to get an interview.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:44 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Hi Melissajo,

I think first grade must be such a rewarding grade to teach. Does your school district have a district wide handwriting curriculum? When does the school year begin/end in Missouri?

That commute from Sparta to Joplin must have been quite an ordeal. I used to commute an hour to the other side of the Hudson River, over the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge to Poughkeepsie. It got really bad when there was a "jumper" on the bridge. At least with the "low water" bridges in Missouri, that is not an issue!

I hope your relocation to Springfield works out this time. Take Care.

Tambre

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 AM

46 posts, read 121,907 times
Default Division all the way!

Well, I live on West Divison and my job is on East Division. So I take Division all the way to work. Since I work overnight from 8pm-4am, only takes me 10 mins to get to work. But when I used to work 8am-5pm, Mon to Fri, would take me 15 mins with traffic.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,551 times
It takes me two minutes to get to work. I take side streets and work downtown in a building that was just restored. No traffic to speak of. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area