Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,044,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
It puzzles me why Brown, if he allegedly did this, would decide to attack a cop?
Who knows what he was thinking and why he did the things he did. Maybe it was because he was an 18 year old who just robbed a convenience store. Maybe he thought that if he intimidated the officer that he would get away with the robbery/assault. Maybe his "friend" was egging him on and he wanted to look like a bad *** . 18 year olds think they're invincible and don't always think about the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,973 times
Default This was helpful: Dorian Johnson's attorney confirmed it was Brown and Johnson

in the convenience store taking cigars:

Dooley looking into special prosecutor for Michael Brown shooting case : News

"The lawyer for Johnson, who was walking with Michael Brown when Wilson fatally shot Brown, said Johnson told authorities about the cigar theft earlier this week.

“He told them about the cigarillos and that Big Mike took cigarillos,” said the lawyer, former St. Louis Mayor Freeman Bosley Jr."

Old 08-15-2014, 12:58 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,000 times
We do not know absolutely the full truth add of yet, police officers attempt to cover their treat (a*s) with dishonesty as does the media, small children, criminals, and most.

It's painful to witness my self righteous bigot white counterparts jump to conclusion of negativity toward the young lads (regarding what actually occurred with the officer). Equally as much the AA community conferring racist dealing.

I know for me from the outside it appears another officer slays person of the AA community. Appears to shift towards normalcy which is blatantly wrong.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:07 PM

170 posts, read 134,208 times
Regardless of the outcome of this particular incident, there is an underlying problem that will not go away. It will only take a similar incident in the future for things to boil over again.
Here it is: Ferguson is two-thirds Black but all the power is in white hands. This fosters cronyism, mistrust and disrespect. Only 3 of the 53 police officers are Black, the mayor is white and only one of the city councilmen is black. I haven't found any information about the school board but my money is on a similar makeup. Only a person with their head in the sand would not come to the conclusion that this is a recipe for disaster.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM

978 posts, read 2,057,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
Regardless of the outcome of this particular incident, there is an underlying problem that will not go away. It will only take a similar incident in the future for things to boil over again.
Here it is: Ferguson is two-thirds Black but all the power is in white hands. This fosters cronyism, mistrust and disrespect. Only 3 of the 53 police officers are Black, the mayor is white and only one of the city councilmen is black. I haven't found any information about the school board but my money is on a similar makeup. Only a person with their head in the sand would not come to the conclusion that this is a recipe for disaster.
Look what happens when it's the opposite. New Orleans and Detroit are mostly black, and run by mostly blacks. Both are very corrupt.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM

580 posts, read 778,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Truthfully, I'm surprised with your opening first statement.
Why? I've had a group of teenage AA volunteers at a hospital I was a resident at go "Ching chong blah blah" at me a la Shaq, then run when I yelled back "WTF did you say? Do you realize I'm a physician at this hospital?". If I got one of their volunteer tags, they would have had a WHOLE lot of explaining to do.

Stupidity knows no race, gender, or religion, unfortunately.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:43 PM

592 posts, read 803,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
Exactly, and that's what people need to understand. Hell, imagine a 70% white community having a 95% black police force.. with over 21,000 in population...

Old 08-15-2014, 02:56 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,973 times
Default Obviously can't vouch for it, but this lady who called in claims to know

the officer's side of the story:

Alleged Friend Of Officer Darren Wilson Offers His Side | The Dana Show

Old 08-15-2014, 03:01 PM

170 posts, read 134,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Look what happens when it's the opposite. New Orleans and Detroit are mostly black, and run by mostly blacks. Both are very corrupt.
Not quite. The opposite would not be what you just outlined.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:45 PM

111 posts, read 181,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Really, pure malice!

Funded by the white man whom swindled a country, rob you blind, revel with over taxation, decrease or reject your insurance as well the claims, give your elderly little to no assistance.
How about the White man whom help inflict disease, illness, and social unjust/unrest? All for capital gain!!

I've said it once before, if I were AA I would be pissed at the inequality faced and even More so with such add my children must experience. The AA community should be full of bigots and racist foul mouth morons,
such as us in the white (European American) community. Considering the history and unjust treatment.

We can go tic for tac about who's worse and my white counterparts would hand down prove more heinous. However we need to band together as a nation period!

Boils down to this- equality should be heavily promoted, laws and those sanctioned must be revised to ensure such occurs.

What in the World are you talking about?
Is this what they taught you in "African American studies"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis