Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times

Advertisements

That's because when it's black on black whitey ain't allowed to comment. The ideas I have that could clean up Syracuse would be handled by the good blacks. But because I'm white people would make into a racial thing these days.

I say relax NYs retarded gun laws. Let people arm themselves. People see that as me and my boyz strapping on a gat, jumping in our pickups and heading to Syracuse to shoot up some blacks.

What I mean is we to have guns and be allowed to shot the nearest scum. For me that would be white scum. For a clean living black in Syracuse sick of being afraid it would most likely be another black.

It's one of the reasons white areas are generally safer. It's not that we are better just we don't put up with crap that blacks are forced to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 07:07 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
People can die from heat stroke and there are people that have died due to tornados and other natural disasters. Flooding can occur and depending in the built environment, some places are more prone than others in Upstate NY.

Working in 100 or -40(with windchill) degrees isn't fun either way.
I agree, but for me, one is much better than the other. Also, I feel like tornados are somewhat avoidable, and seem to damage mobile homes much more than stick built and brick homes. You just don't see much of that unless an F5 comes through. Hurricanes as well, you usually have a few days notice to get out if a really bad one is coming. During blizzards, you can't really leave.

Like I said, this is an anti-winter rant, not an anti-Northeast rant. To each his own.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
That's because when it's black on black whitey ain't allowed to comment. The ideas I have that could clean up Syracuse would be handled by the good blacks. But because I'm white people would make into a racial thing these days.

I say relax NYs retarded gun laws. Let people arm themselves. People see that as me and my boyz strapping on a gat, jumping in our pickups and heading to Syracuse to shoot up some blacks.

What I mean is we to have guns and be allowed to shot the nearest scum. For me that would be white scum. For a clean living black in Syracuse sick of being afraid it would most likely be another black.

It's one of the reasons white areas are generally safer. It's not that we are better just we don't put up with crap that blacks are forced to.
That's not going to solve anything and you can look at solutions that are collective and that help for the community at large. Here are some interesting stats, out of the top 100 metros, the Syracuse area is 90th in terms of the Black-White per capita income gap and is one of the most segregated for Blacks in terms of living patterns. Now, this should signal that the community should address such issues given the increase in the that population. This includes people in the Black community, if nothing else. Here are a couple of articles that touch on this, but mention things that could help in terms of organizations and structure: Black History Month? | Syracuse New Times

A Young Man

I don't think it is a matter of putting up with "crap", so much that I think there is a thin line between addressing problems within and/or with the community at large. I think even addressing issues can be segregated in that sense, because these issues effect people more than they think, but they may also look at those issues as it's their problem as well.

Lastly, the term "whitey" is unnecessary and dare I say "played out" anyway.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,050 times
There are many elderly that are stuck in their homes for months because they are so afraid of slipping on ice. One slip and fall on ice and their life is changed forever. It is a sad life when you are afraid to leave your house because of weather.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I agree, but for me, one is much better than the other. Also, I feel like tornados are somewhat avoidable, and seem to damage mobile homes much more than stick built and brick homes. You just don't see much of that unless an F5 comes through. Hurricanes as well, you usually have a few days notice to get out if a really bad one is coming. During blizzards, you can't really leave.

Like I said, this is an anti-winter rant, not an anti-Northeast rant. To each his own.
With blizzards though, most or many of the places that get them are generally prepared and they can also be known to come ahead of time. I don't know if people in Joplin MO would have the same sentiments about tornados or the Gulf Coast during Katrina in regards to hurricanes.

I've worked in both of those temperatures and to be honest, neither are fun. I did the 100 degree thing during Basic Training at Fort Jackson SC and during Joint Readiness Training at Fort Polk LA, while the -40 with the windchill was at Fort Drum.

I do understand that it is a preference and that weather can be a subjective thing anyway.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
People can die from heat stroke and there are people that have died due to tornados and other natural disasters. Flooding can occur and depending in the built environment, some places are more prone than others in Upstate NY.

Working in 100 or -40(with windchill) degrees isn't fun either way.
I would have to question how much outdoor work you have done?? On the farm doing tractor work I wore shorts all summer and loved every second. In the city I have to wear a uniform that makes it less fun but still pleasent. Winter outside sucks balls period. Nothing works right. Diesel motors are a constant battle. Gloves make everything harder. All summer long everyone thought I had the life. Nobody ever said how good I had it in the winter. Couple years ago I bid on an inside cold job. I hate it all summer but come winter I know I did the right thing.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
There are many elderly that are stuck in their homes for months because they are so afraid of slipping on ice. One slip and fall on ice and their life is changed forever. It is a sad life when you are afraid to leave your house because of weather.
Worth mentioning is heat only keeps older people pinned down for a few hours a day on some days.

The cold and ice keep you pinned down all day every day for months on end. This week clearing snow I found lots of ice under the snow and went ass over teakettle several times. Older people are well advised to stay inside.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
I would have to question how much outdoor work you have done?? On the farm doing tractor work I wore shorts all summer and loved every second. In the city I have to wear a uniform that makes it less fun but still pleasent. Winter outside sucks balls period. Nothing works right. Diesel motors are a constant battle. Gloves make everything harder. All summer long everyone thought I had the life. Nobody ever said how good I had it in the winter. Couple years ago I bid on an inside cold job. I hate it all summer but come winter I know I did the right thing.
I worked outside in South Carolina and in Louisiana in the Army as a soldier. So, it wasn't like I was sitting around when I felt like it. My point was that working outside when it is very hot is not that fun as well. Georgia was very hot as well and due to the heat PT was generally held before sunrise or at night at Fort Gordon. There was an afternoon PT and that just was not cool.

I also don't know about the heat only keeping older folks pinned in for only a few hours a day, as they are more susceptible to heat stroke.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
That's not going to solve anything and you can look at solutions that are collective and that help for the community at large. Here are some interesting stats, out of the top 100 metros, the Syracuse area is 90th in terms of the Black-White per capita income gap and is one of the most segregated for Blacks in terms of living patterns. Now, this should signal that the community should address such issues given the increase in the that population. This includes people in the Black community, if nothing else. Here are a couple of articles that touch on this, but mention things that could help in terms of organizations and structure: Black History Month? | Syracuse New Times

A Young Man

I don't think it is a matter of putting up with "crap", so much that I think there is a thin line between addressing problems within and/or with the community at large. I think even addressing issues can be segregated in that sense, because these issues effect people more than they think, but they may also look at those issues as it's their problem as well.

Lastly, the term "whitey" is unnecessary and dare I say "played out" anyway.
"We" shouldn't have to do anything. It's not a secert anymore the cities have become crime ridden cesspools. The blacks can move out just like the whites did. IIRC your black, born in the city and moved to the burbs. Was it hard?? If not they can do it to. You didn't need my help and they don't either.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times
Quote:
With blizzards though, most or many of the places that get them are generally prepared and they can also be known to come ahead of time. I don't know if people in Joplin MO would have the same sentiments about tornados or the Gulf Coast during Katrina in regards to hurricanes.

I've worked in both of those temperatures and to be honest, neither are fun. I did the 100 degree thing during Basic Training at Fort Jackson SC and during Joint Readiness Training at Fort Polk LA, while the -40 with the windchill was at Fort Drum.

I do understand that it is a preference and that weather can be a subjective thing anyway.
Army training is gonna suck in any weather extreme, I would surmise.

Katrina hit a below sea level area. New Orleans is an amazing city but people probably shouldn't be living there. Sandy destroyed a lot of property but few people actually died. The ones that did mostly died from the after-effects from no power (kidney dialysis machines, hospital problems, etc). Of course, NJ has an ancient infrastructure like most of the Northeast.

A water main broke from the cold a few days ago. When they dug it up, it was discovered to be a wooden pipe from 1840's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area