Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times

Advertisements

I have a This: Amazon.com: Coby Kyros 7-Inch*Android 2.3 4 GB Internet Touchscreen Tablet - MID7012-4G (Black): Computers & Accessories

& This: Amazon.com: HDE 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case: Computers & Accessories

Works Great! Can even watch Movies from You Tube on it! You can expand the Memory from 4 gig up to 32 gig with micro SDCard! I paid $100 for the Tablet & $12 for Keyboard/case Right now they are on sale LOL Just my luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
For a 7" tablet I recommend the BlackBerry PlayBook (currently priced at $200 for the 16 GB version). Seriously.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:26 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianButterfly View Post
I would like to purchase a tablet, but I know little about them, or there seems to be information missing form their stats.

I am looking for something that is:

~affordable
~wi-fi capable
~can connect to blue tooth (not just certain ones)
~has a decent speed
~won't suddenly become ridiculously slow
~so-so decent memory (not really looking to store a lot on information on it)
~light
~not as big as my desktop screen (about 7" is what I have been looking through, I can adjust to something a little bigger or smaller)

I am looking for information regarding what to look for in a tablet. I won't be making the actual purchase for some time so I have plenty of time to do my research. What tablets have had enough reviews to know which ones are going to actually last? If someone is a member of Consumer Reports it would be appreciated to look up some that you feel are decent.

Thank you for your time.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and I really like it. The best part, for me is that it is 3G on the t-Mobile network so you can have internet *almost* anywhere; you can use the tab as a hotspot too if you want to.

It's affordable too at about $300

ETA: the only thing I don't like is that it has a proprietary charge/data port and you have to have THEIR data cords/charge cords for it to work, I'd much rather have a generic port like a mini USB.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
For a 7" tablet I recommend the BlackBerry PlayBook (currently priced at $200 for the 16 GB version). Seriously.
Since yesterday the better choice is now the quad core Google Nexus 7. $200 for 8GB or $250 for 16GB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets