U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 PM
 
15,780 posts, read 32,931,696 times
Reputation: 19883

Advertisements

I think a lot of them are just foreclosures - I remember reading a few years ago that those old people couldn't pay the high insurance rates among other things. I never thought it was a nice area even when it was more "kept up." You couldn't pay me to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:26 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,576,549 times
Reputation: 2292
10 years ago it was nice and 100% retired folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,996 posts, read 4,232,443 times
Reputation: 3790
My inlaws have lived in Holiday east of 19 since the early 90s, and it's been going down hill as long as I can recall.

It seems that a lot of the areas that were previously populated by snowbirds or retirees are now owned by lower income people, or those who have little pride in their homes. Every time I go over there it looks junkier and junkier.

Just my observations from an almost 20 year period of time....

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,576,549 times
Reputation: 2292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
My inlaws have lived in Holiday east of 19 since the early 90s, and it's been going down hill as long as I can recall.

It seems that a lot of the areas that were previously populated by snowbirds or retirees are now owned by lower income people, or those who have little pride in their homes. Every time I go over there it looks junkier and junkier.

Just my observations from an almost 20 year period of time....

RM
I should have said 15/10 years instead of 10. It's only going to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 04:05 PM
 
16,437 posts, read 11,057,284 times
Reputation: 5442
All the old people have died off and their homes are now rented out. I would say 70% of west Pasco is trashy, drug dealing renters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Butler County Ohio and Winters in Florida
921 posts, read 2,221,649 times
Reputation: 625
Avoid Holiday. It was an urban sprawl of older retired folks mixed in with the mobile homes and shacks. Not a nice area at all. US19 is bad, but worse through that area. Stop and go all the time. Pawn shops everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 PM
 
393 posts, read 1,389,883 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
All the old people have died off and their homes are now rented out. I would say 70% of west Pasco is trashy, drug dealing renters.
It totally is. STAY AWAY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
 
357 posts, read 723,358 times
Reputation: 343
One should always keep a weapon close at hand when traveling through east Pasco County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
 
15,780 posts, read 32,931,696 times
Reputation: 19883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
One should always keep a weapon close at hand when traveling through east Pasco County.
I think you meant WEST Pasco. I lived in East Pasco (Dade City) for years, and it was totally beautiful and safe - like night and day from depressing Holiday and those other towns off 19 in West Pasco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Tampa
2,602 posts, read 7,454,833 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I think you meant WEST Pasco. I lived in East Pasco (Dade City) for years, and it was totally beautiful and safe - like night and day from depressing Holiday and those other towns off 19 in West Pasco.
Definitely. Dade City and Zephyrhills are nice towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top