Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 AM

3 posts, read 3,095 times

Advertisements

Hello- My 3 kids (ages 3, 10 & 14) and I are moving to Tampa from Indiana around mid-August to be near the Autism school my 14 year old will be attending. (Florida Autism Charter School of Excellence-6400 East Chelsea Street, Tampa) I also have applications in at 3 elementary magnet schools for my 10 year old (1st choice-Cahoon at 2312 E. Yukon Street, 2nd-Muller at 13615 N. 22nd Street and 3rd is Philip Shore Elem at 1908 East 2nd Ave-won't know which school, if any,until end of July/1st Aug). My husband will stay here in Indiana until he finds a job in Tampa, so it will just be me in a new city with 3 kids. (Crazy? Maybe, but we love our son and this school seems to be what he needs) I need to find an apartment in a safe area with as short a commute to these schools as possible (the Autism school looks like it's within 10 minutes to all three magnets). I have read that the magnet schools are placed in bad neighborhoods, so I would imagine living nearer to the Autism school would be a better idea. My main apartment criteria is a 2 bedroom, preferrably gated community or with security of some sort, and in the price range of about $700-$750. (trying to pay for an apartment in Tampa AND a house back in Indiana) I have been able to find some in that price range on-line, but there are so many to chose from and I have no idea if they are in a good or bad area. I also do not want to find an apartment close by the schools, only to have to be stuck in congested traffic en-route to the schools each day. I've been told Brandon is a good area, but is the commute from Brandon to East Chelsea Street a good or bad one? I've heard mixed reviews about Temple Terrace, too (which is central to both kid's schools). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay