Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,013 times

Advertisements

I might be getting a new job in downtown Tampa in the near future. I'd like to rent an apartment within a five miles of downtown. Is there anything in a safe neighborhood with a rent in the $700-800 a month range? I'm a single guy - no kids, no pets, prefer quieter areas. I'd prefer as short a commute as possible, but obviously will need some sort of a commute to get out of the higher rent or sketchy areas that come with typical downtowns. Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Check out some of these. There are apts on Davis Island, s. Westshore and in Brandon all in your price range. I suggest you then ask here on the ones you are interested in.

Tampa Apartments for Rent on MyNewPlace.com - Tampa, FL

Old 12-26-2011, 03:10 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times
Housing downtown is geared more towards kids. So expect noise.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:23 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Check out some of these. There are apts on Davis Island, s. Westshore and in Brandon all in your price range. I suggest you then ask here on the ones you are interested in.

Tampa Apartments for Rent on MyNewPlace.com - Tampa, FL
Davis Island would be the most convenient to downtown. It's a safe and nice neighborhood. The apartments will be in older buildings so they may not have some of the amenities you would find in newer, large apt complexes.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Davis Island would be the most convenient to downtown. It's a safe and nice neighborhood. The apartments will be in older buildings so they may not have some of the amenities you would find in newer, large apt complexes.
Very true I should have mentioned that. You might also find some private garage apts for rent off of Bayshore but more than likely those you would have to drive around to find.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 AM

420 posts, read 864,204 times
Downtown Tampa isn't as "sketchy" or even as expensive as typical downtowns. If you can bump your upper limit to $1200 or so, you should be able to find a nice rental in a highrise in downtown or Channelside. The commute (walk?) would more than make up for it. If you can't make this increase, Davis Island and Hyde Park have many apartments within your range. If you are certain you want a quiet apartment, I would avoid Grand Central and Seaside apartments just from personal experience. The Element seems nice and is right downtown. A friend of mine loves it there. If highrises aren't your thing, be cautious in the Davis Island or Hyde Park area because many UT students live here also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: