Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM

31 posts, read 49,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielamb View Post
I can only imagine what the press will be saying come August in Tampa, and the convention here. Like what was said before, August ain't the prettiest month. And then there is always the risk of a hurricane... Either way, not the greatest press for the area. But politically I understand why they chose it over pheonix or salt lake city.
Let me guess, they will probably be commenting on the republican candidate for president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
i wonder what he has against "daily show" types. too intelligent and forward thinking for the local populace to handle?
It takes a special kind of intelligence to think we're making forward progress. Spend a little time in Dade County (or on the City Data forum of that area) to see what lies ahead.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL biz View Post
So intelligent and forward thinking that they get their "news" from a fake news show
yes, a "fake" news show that deals with real news.

go back to fox.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM

378 posts, read 829,889 times
Probably 330 million people in the US wouldn't be offended by the comment, only the the people that haven't left Tampa yet. It's nice that I-75 bypasses the place. Actually there is some good to the area- Busch Gardens, Ebor, RJ Stadium if you've had enough to drink to watch the Bucs, etc.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM

817 posts, read 2,250,817 times
Ebor? Uh, and you're an author on Florida?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:31 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielamb View Post
I can only imagine what the press will be saying come August in Tampa, and the convention here. Like what was said before, August ain't the prettiest month. And then there is always the risk of a hurricane... Either way, not the greatest press for the area. But politically I understand why they chose it over pheonix or salt lake city.
It can get hot in many northern cities in August, most activities will be inside and air conditioned so those that don't like warm weather not to be bothered. Those at the convention that bring family or even if they come by themselves, may stay out at St.Pete or Clearwater Beach and they might have some time to go to the beach.
It is a beautiful area even if you don't like it here, I don't see getting bad press for the area from the convention.

And the risk of a hurricane hitting during the convention is less than 1% and of that 1%, if one did hit it would more than likely be a cat 1 or 2 and be just like a big rain storm, not a big deal at all.
Please try and talk about thing of which you know something about. Hurricanes are not something that most worry about constantly here because they are not as common an occurrence as you make then out to be, people prepare for the event of one but most aren't fretting like the end of the world is coming every year.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
yes, a "fake" news show that deals with real news.
go back to fox.
Are you trying to say they are not a fake news show?
They satirically comment on news and other current events, they are a comedy show.
Do you think they give more insight than a real news program?
I always love people that use a comment about Fox news also, as if 99.99% of other news shows aren't slanted in one way or the other.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
What is the most appalling thought here is that "Tampa" would get bad press for its WEATHER?????

You must be kidding! How can a place get bad press about the #1 thing you CANNOT CHANGE!!!!

WOW......

(Not that it wouldn't be nice to have all these liars blown away in a hurricane and clean up the "politics" air a bit.....hahahahahahahaha...but that's just wishful thinking) HOW many people in Tampa Bay do you really think give a crap that this convention is going to take place there? really...how many???

Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
HOW many people in Tampa Bay do you really think give a crap that this convention is going to take place there? really...how many???
I would say tens of thousands of people in Tampa Bay, if not more, care that the convention is taking place in Tampa.
Conventions brought over $200 million in additional revenue to the Tampa area in 2011 and 2012 should be better.
The RNC should bring in just under $10 million in extra spending to the area.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Even so, none of that revenue is going to go for the important things like "education", so in the end its a wash.

I don't trust these anymore simply because I see the results, and I NEVER once hear that "education" has received 10 billion dollars etc, or these many new educational facilities were built etc etc etc., and that is just ONE area of interest.

Quote:
Conventions brought over $200 million in additional revenue to the Tampa area in 2011 and 2012 should be better.
...and where did all that go? cause it sure didn't seem to have gone to improve the visual appearance of the area, or some areas that really need it, the roads are still a patch work, education is being still sucked out of money....so what was that spent on besides paying the 6 figure salaries of our "officials" and their private jet fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I would say tens of thousands of people in Tampa Bay, if not more, care that the convention is taking place in Tampa.
The RNC should bring in just under $10 million in extra spending to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay