Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM

11 posts, read 40,895 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Tampa area and are looking to buy in the Fishhawk Ranch community and I was just wondering what is the closest beach and how long does it take to get there? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM

50 posts, read 90,927 times
We live in Fishhawk Ranch & go to Anna Maria Island. It's a little over an hour away.

Last edited by springmac; 07-02-2012 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: correct info

Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 PM

15 posts, read 52,464 times
Personally, I think it is too far...you are closer to Orlando than the beach. People in the community take "vacations" to the beach...been here for 6 months and that still catches me off guard when they say that. If you want beach living Florida, this is not it.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
1 Hour and 11 minutes to Clearwater beach which is the closest.
I wouldn't buy there if I wanted to go to the beach often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbohen View Post
We are moving to the Tampa area and are looking to buy in the Fishhawk Ranch community and I was just wondering what is the closest beach and how long does it take to get there? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
How far is the beach from Fishhawk Ranch?-region-capture-6.png  

Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
1 Hour and 11 minutes to Clearwater beach which is the closest.
I wouldn't buy there if I wanted to go to the beach often.
A big part of the Fishawk residents work @ Mcdill, so if they are ok with the 45 min + commute everyday 2x a day, you think they wouldn't mind the hour to the beach a couple of times a month. The advantage of the south shore suburbs versus the northern ones is that sarasota or pinellas is pretty much the same drive time. I do agree if you want to live close to the beach move to manatee/sarasota county or pinellas. I personally think you either walk to the beach or you drive to the beach, if i have to drive it doesn't matter whether its 45 min or 10 min, I still have to pack all the sand toys and all other crap.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM

272 posts, read 606,731 times
I always thought it was an easy drive. Crosstown to Gandy, then Gandy to Park, then keep going until you hit water.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Homes View Post
I always thought it was an easy drive. Crosstown to Gandy, then Gandy to Park, then keep going until you hit water.
I lived out in the Lithia area for a LONG time (I can remember when there was nothing but trees and cow pastures between CR 39 and Bloomingdale along 640) When we'd go to the beach, we mostly went to Apollo Beach (and it was TRASHY) but it was 40 minutes away, as I got older (before I left FL) I'd drive to St. Pete Beach (which I consider one of the only decent beaches in the area) and it would take roughly an hour and half, that was taking the Crosstown to 275 and across the Howard Frankland Bridge..

Like DUNNDFRNT said, if you're planning to go to the beach and spend a day, what's the difference between 10 minutes and an hour ? I'd rather drive the extra time to go to a good beach anyway.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 PM

15 posts, read 52,464 times
What's the difference between 10 mins vs an hour drive to the beach?!?! Well...the difference between grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting on the beach vs drinking your coffee on the way to the beach. A last minute decision to watch the sunset vs making a plan hours out to. The difference between packing up the sand toys & a bottle of water vs packing up the sand toys, a cooler, chairs, sunscreen, umbrella, etc, etc. The difference between going to the beach for your morning run vs running before hitting the beach. Yeah, for true & often beach go-ers...there is a difference.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:56 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
I'll take the quieter neighborhood with better housing prices vs higher cost housing closer to the beach.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
More and more I am getting on the opposite side of this comment!
And dream of owning a small condo on the beach!!!!!
This is why:
A.G. Photography - Seascapes

And i am not even for "pro" homeownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I'll take the quieter neighborhood with better housing prices vs higher cost housing closer to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay