Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Let me point to the Original post to start the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
WFLA just said we could have a freeze tonight from Pasco County north and could have a hard freeze tomorrow night in many areas in the Tampa Bay area.
I then point to your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Not gonna happen anywhere close to the Tampa area.
Which I responded to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
28 in Weeki Wachee which is in the Tampa area
Which I must say you did not respond very nicely to, you also decided to make your own Tampa area. Good for you.

Quote:
It was not 28. You always gotta say some crap. And it it is no where near what i call the Tampa area. 40 at my other house in Portrichey. With the wind blowing all nite mixing things up there is no way it was 28 in WW.
Who was harassing?

Quote:
The guy just wants to harrass me at any turn. Anyone with half a brain knows Hernando county is nowhere near Tampa. Total weather change comparing the two areas in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Hernando is in Tampa area?

Good for you guys to feel that you belong to Tampa. But I don't consider myself close to Hernando at all! That is a looooooooong drive .
Don't worry, according to chas Dunedin is no longer in the Tampa area either.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
It is.

"Hernando County is a county located in the U.S. state of Florida. Its 2010 population was 172,778.[1] Its county seat is Brooksville[2] and its largest community is unincorporated Spring Hill. Hernando, together with Pasco, Hillsborough, and Pinellas counties to the south comprise the Tampa-St.Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan Statistical Area, and along with various combinations of Manatee and Sarasota counties further south, Citrus County to the north, and Polk County to the southeast is often referred to as the Tampa Bay Area. As of 2005, Hernando was the 35th fastest growing county in the country.[3]

Hernando County, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I'm fairly sure that Hernando is a part of the Tampa Bay Area MSA...

Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Who is uncalm?

I simply bolded the updated forecast for folks to read, so they are aware to bring in or protect their tenders (that's plants).

I really don't know what your deal is today Alexandra.

See what I said in the first post:

Also, for this weird argument that is going on......it clearly stated Pasco County NORTH and the Tampa Bay AREA. I don't know why anyone in particular is trying to tie this to Tampa proper only. It's a false argument for whatever reason.
Hahahahha
Dude the "locals" on this board know this already, (this is not the first time it got cold here), and the others reading are out of state!!! Hahahha you bolded and made it RED too!

"Tenders"? Like chicken tenders? Hahahahahah

Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
"Tenders"? Like chicken tenders? Hahahahahah
I thought he was telling us to bring in our women (that's what they were called in my generation.. )

Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM

Pasco county is closer to Tampa than Hernando...a lot of ppl think that by saying "Tampa Bay" the entire west coast is part of it! The "bay" of Tampa is nowhere near Pasco nor Hernando if we want to be "technical".

Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I thought he was telling us to bring in our women (that's what they were called in my generation.. )
Hahahahahahaha

The thing is that the news channels here are on an overload now that they have something else to say than "sunny & sunny"!!!! Hahahahaha

Old 02-17-2013, 05:41 PM

You can argue all day whether it was 28 in WW or not. The low was 27. If it got to 30 it was still 28 at one point in the morning in WW.

What are you basing your "not 28" on? Obviously it wasnt personal observation.

Your argument is null and without validity.

Quote:
Why do you care where i was? It was not 28 , that simple. I was 18.3 miles to the south if ya must know.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM

Nobody is saying and nothing I have read says that "Tampa Bay" is the entire west coast of FL.

The "bay" of Tampa is certainly located in Tampa, but the "Tampa Bay Area" does include Hernando County whether you agree or not.

Quote:
Pasco county is closer to Tampa than Hernando...a lot of ppl think that by saying "Tampa Bay" the entire west coast is part of it! The "bay" of Tampa is nowhere near Pasco nor Hernando if we want to be "technical".

Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 PM

Do you realize I can cross one street and be in Pasco County while still being in Spring Hill?

The part of Pasco near me is a whole lot closer to Hernando than to Tampa.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay