Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times

Advertisements

OH, WOW! That's quite cold, Algia! Just makes me cold from looking at it!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I think it's due to us still dressing like we live in warm climate... I see people wearing t-shirts and flip flops even though it's freezing outside... People up north already wear jackets, hats, gloves and nice warm shoes at this point

I also read the theory many years ago that our blood thickness has something to do with the climate we live in, so people from up north don't feel as cold as people from south.

I really hope OP can make it... and he is not packing his bags and moving back
I moved north fifteen years ago and I'm still waiting for my blood to thicken. Brrr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
It was 31 when I got up at 5:30, my wife got up a little bit later right before it started getting light out and went out to check and told me it was 28. Hard to misread digital, I'll take her word over you telling me it was not.

And if it was 40 at your house in Port Richey, a house that is less than probably 2500 ft from the gulf, surrounded by many other homes and mostly pavement, then any person knowledgeable in regards to weather and the effects structures and pavement can have on the temperature would realize that a 10 to 12 degree difference 25 miles north, at a home 5 miles further inland on a property that has minimal other structures or pavement around, is not at all out of the norm.

It can be 8 degrees different just from my thermometer that is out in the open in the back than it is at my thermometer on my open front porch where I move some of my plants during the cold weather, that is because it is on a pole that is within 6 feet of the main structure.
Exactly right!

That is exactly what the channel 8 weatherman said last night. Areas "away" from the coast and north will be the coldest.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
PS Are you planning on starting threads on "how wonderful it is now that we have 90+ degrees"? just so I know!
Mostly likely, yes. Why shouldn't I? I don't think the forum is only for those who like the cold and hate the warmth.....LOL

Please feel free to bypass threads regarding liking the summer weather. No one is required to respond to any particular thread or post.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I know how temps can vary. Just did not happen.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
OH, WOW! That's quite cold, Algia! Just makes me cold from looking at it!
LOLOL

It is...but my windows are open...can't beat the fresh air. My Frye boots are happy to be worn again! hahaha

Believe it or not, since we moved back to Florida, I actually worn my long down parka more than in Pittsburgh, and especially at Disney, because we stayed for the Fireworks on several occasions and it got coooold....so it came quite handy. I was very comfortable while everyone around me was shaking cold! LOL

Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Mostly likely, yes. Why shouldn't I? I don't think the forum is only for those who like the cold and hate the warmth.....LOL

Please feel free to bypass threads regarding liking the summer weather. No one is required to respond to any particular thread or post.
This is NOT the weather forum tho! BUT If you want to discuss weather click here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/
Or here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/hurricanes/
Or here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/tornadoes/

Much larger audience.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Were you there this morning to be able to counter claim the poster who said it was 28?

The record low at 5 a.m. in Weeki Wachee was 27.

https://www.google.com/search?q=week...client=firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It was not 28. You always gotta say some crap. And it it is no where near what i call the Tampa area. 40 at my other house in Portrichey. With the wind blowing all nite mixing things up there is no way it was 28 in WW.

Monday moring i could buy the 28 figure.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
This is NOT the weather forum tho!
We are allowed to discuss whatever we want to, as long as it is local. Again, no need to comment if you don't like the topic.

Also, please note I was advising local people that they may need to bring in tenders, based on what the local weather forecasters are predicting for tonight.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Were you there this morning to be able to counter claim the poster who said it was 28?

The record low at 5 a.m. in Weeki Wachee was 27.

https://www.google.com/search?q=week...client=firefox
Why do you care where i was? It was not 28 , that simple. I was 18.3 miles to the south if ya must know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay