Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obama care although it wasn't his idea) is trying to give American citizens health care, health care that they can afford.

The Affordable Health Care act IS NOT only for those working full time. Anyone can get into the health care market place UNLESS they already have insurance through their employer.

What double standard do you refer to?
Give me some time to find the article, but I read it clear as ski that in the case where only one spouse works full time the other spouse doesn't qualify under the main spouse' plan, and has to buy his/her own plan. (Didn't say with what money tho)!

Now picture this: how can a stay at home mom (a concept heavily promoted here for some reason) buy her own plan if she's not working? This whole thing is not going to be affordable at all because doctors can simply choose not to take this plan, so people will continue to be out of pocket. Remember when I said they are a business? The few doctors who will take this plan will be located in weird locations increasing one's travel + gas etc; I remember when my kids had KidCare the doctor they were sent to was 25 miles away!!! And that was the closest! In the case where a pediatrician office was within a Walking distance from our house! But no, we were forced to travel 25 miles away!!! Ass Backwards Embarrassing is the entire medical field right now!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
So you are willing to risk your children's lives by taking a shortcut around vaccination?
There is no federal law requiring vaccinations. However, all 50 states require certain vaccinations for children entering public schools. Depending on the state, children must be vaccinated against polio, tetanus, mumps, rubella, measles and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
I had a question-I need to get my 2 small kids up to date with their shots for the daycare.
Is there somewhere I can go for this that won't cost me an arm? I have my pediatrics office looking up what I need but I know I would pay a lot there. I looked at the Health Dept. and their pricing seems to be outrageous, maybe even similar to what I would pay at the pediatrics office.
I only ask because I am doing this times 2 so I have to figure out the best approach.

Also, can they truly force you into getting shots for the kids? And reject care and/or school?
I know a few parents who do not do shots and they seem to get away with it but I don't know how.

Any input is appreciated

Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM

You (and many folks) need to actually read up on the AHA instead of basing their opinions on what has been spoon fed to you by the media and the GOP.

You have the right to choose the doctor you want from your health plan’s provider network, just like an HMO.

If you are insured under your spouses health plan then you will remain on their health plan.

If you are not insured under your spouses health plan you will be able to get insurance through
the marketplace. Then you won't be uninsured anymore.

Do you realize that people are going to buying their insurance from private carriers just like they do now? If your doctor accepts that insurance company, there would be no problem.

Kid-Care and Medicare had a lot of doctors not wanting to accept it because of the paperwork and lousy reimbursement rates. That may be why you had to travel 25 miles to a doctor that did accept it.

Since doctors are in the business to make money, they will go broke if all they will accept is people who pay out of pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Give me some time to find the article, but I read it clear as ski that in the case where only one spouse works full time the other spouse doesn't qualify under the main spouse' plan, and has to buy his/her own plan. (Didn't say with what money tho)!

Now picture this: how can a stay at home mom (a concept heavily promoted here for some reason) buy her own plan if she's not working? This whole thing is not going to be affordable at all because doctors can simply choose not to take this plan, so people will continue to be out of pocket. Remember when I said they are a business? The few doctors who will take this plan will be located in weird locations increasing one's travel + gas etc; I remember when my kids had KidCare the doctor they were sent to was 25 miles away!!! And that was the closest! In the case where a pediatrician office was within a Walking distance from our house! But no, we were forced to travel 25 miles away!!! Ass Backwards Embarrassing is the entire medical field right now!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:51 PM

Exactly. If a patient of parent of a patient refuses sound medical advice, I would'nt want to have them for my patient either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
What is outrageous about a business owner, one whom has extensive medical knowledge, choosing to not accept patients whose parents have decided that medical professional's advice is incorrect? That's as much their right to do as it is yours to go elsewhere; nothing outrageous about it. Do you regularly tell other people how to do their job and get outraged when they choose to not listen to you?

Old 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM

So you can get insurance cheaper? Great. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Affordable is a matter of opinion . I dont consider Obamacare affordable at all ....

Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM

Would it have been preferable for the doctor to lie about his condition and tell him everything is going to be fine, you will live a long time or be frank so that the patient can get their final business done, i.e. will, power of attorney, funeral arrangements, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
In the case of my grandfather-it was sad. We found out that he was terminally ill. The doctor's bedside manor was horrible. He told my grandpa-"you're going to die, there's nothing I can do for you. I give you a year but you will not live past that. You are dying." He made it 3 weeks.

That was what turned me off to the medical industry-not because of any other incident, was just how he told him. I mean, you should've seen the look on my grandpa's face...and my grandma.
But yeah, it wasn't a treatment issue...that seemed to be ok.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:09 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
I cannot agree with you more on this statement. Plus the deductible. I would never reach it-so would be paying a monthly rate for no coverage. It makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Affordable is a matter of opinion . I dont consider Obamacare affordable at all ....

Old 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM

No, not at all. But it would've been preferable with a better approach. He said it very rude with no care at all. I know of plenty of doctors who have empathy and he wasn't one of them

Quote:
Would it have been preferable for the doctor to lie about his condition and tell him everything is going to be fine, you will live a long time or be frank so that the patient can get their final business done, i.e. will, power of attorney, funeral arrangements, etc?

Old 10-30-2013, 02:15 PM

No, but I am not all for every vaccine either. I honestly do believe that this is another cause of some health issues our children face today. The reality of it is, we really have no clue what they are injecting into us or our children. Heck, even the healthcare providers don't know. Everyone is being told that this is what it is, but how do we know it is in fact that? It's just an example. Now I have noticed that I literally have to provide something with religion if I want to be exempt from needing the shot records-otherwise I must get them done. I've been through this with my oldest thus far and now running into the same with my 2 youngest. Usually I am up to date with shots but since I have no coverage anymore, these fell behind.

Quote:
So you are willing to risk your children's lives by taking a shortcut around vaccination?
There is no federal law requiring vaccinations. However, all 50 states require certain vaccinations for children entering public schools. Depending on the state, children must be vaccinated against polio, tetanus, mumps, rubella, measles and others.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 PM

Is kid care going to be apart of obamacare, do you know?

Quote:
You (and many folks) need to actually read up on the AHA instead of basing their opinions on what has been spoon fed to you by the media and the GOP.

You have the right to choose the doctor you want from your health plan’s provider network, just like an HMO.

If you are insured under your spouses health plan then you will remain on their health plan.

If you are not insured under your spouses health plan you will be able to get insurance through
the marketplace. Then you won't be uninsured anymore.

Do you realize that people are going to buying their insurance from private carriers just like they do now? If your doctor accepts that insurance company, there would be no problem.

Kid-Care and Medicare had a lot of doctors not wanting to accept it because of the paperwork and lousy reimbursement rates. That may be why you had to travel 25 miles to a doctor that did accept it.

Since doctors are in the business to make money, they will go broke if all they will accept is people who pay out of pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay