Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 06:55 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
"I think he's cooked", lol.

One thing Reeve's does have going for him though is that he is in Florida. All it takes is one or two jurors like the guy on here who thinks he was justified to gun someone down over popcorn, maybe a cell phone, and a defensive arm raise(as far as I could tell from this "new video").
True and he's got some cash so his defense team can cherry pick desirable jurors. Maybe pick a couple elderly folks, an ex or active cop or two, to better his chances. I don't buy his story, but don't think he should walk free either. I think the state ought to offer him 5 years and never permit him to have firearms again, and establish restitution to the Oulson family, but both sides are saying no deals.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
"I think he's cooked", lol.

One thing Reeve's does have going for him though is that he is in Florida. All it takes is one or two jurors like the guy on here who thinks he was justified to gun someone down over popcorn, maybe a cell phone, and a defensive arm raise(as far as I could tell from this "new video").
Sounds like another guy who would let somebody slap him around and smile while it was happening.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Actually, in that case the cause of death would be heart attack.
That wasnt the question.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:30 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Sounds like another guy who would let somebody slap him around and smile while it was happening.
I'd call the police and let them deal with the situation. That's how sane people handle things like this.

You should really consider turning in your concealed carry. I think everyone would be better off.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
True and he's got some cash so his defense team can cherry pick desirable jurors. Maybe pick a couple elderly folks, an ex or active cop or two, to better his chances. I don't buy his story, but don't think he should walk free either. I think the state ought to offer him 5 years and never permit him to have firearms again, and establish restitution to the Oulson family, but both sides are saying no deals.
Five years seems pretty light even considering his age and background. I think it's all or nothing with Reeves. If he's convicted he will most likely die behind bars and that is probably why he will not plea.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would have just said get away from me you creepy old man and moved several rows away. I don't know that in his state of mind if it would have helped much, but at least if he approached again I'd have time to cut and run.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Five years seems pretty light even considering his age and background. I think it's all or nothing with Reeves. If he's convicted he will most likely die behind bars and that is probably why he will not plea.
Yeah but it's long enough to make him real uncomfortable and learn something about "reasonably fearing great bodily harm" in the state pen, lol he'll know the difference. As it stands his lawyer is going to probably clean him out on the defense tab and when Nicole goes to sue him they'll be table scraps left.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
If he's convicted he will most likely die behind bars and that is probably why he will not plea.
I agree. Too old for plea deal most likely. He has one shot and has to take it.....no pun intended.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I'd call the police and let them deal with the situation. That's how sane people handle things like this.

You should really consider turning in your concealed carry. I think everyone would be better off.
I think you should get a life. By the time the police get there you would be a pile of hurt.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I would have just said get away from me you creepy old man and moved several rows away. I don't know that in his state of mind if it would have helped much, but at least if he approached again I'd have time to cut and run.
That would have been a prudent decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay