Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 09:02 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'll post on any thread in this forum if I feel like it. You constantly butt into threads to make some snarky comment yourself.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't have commented on my post. We've beat that horse to death by now don't you think?
Correcting someone that an entire county is not "trailers, drunks and strippers" is not snarky. It's valid feedback. OTOH, repeating what I write shows you don't have the capacity to contribute anything substantial to the conversation. Mod edit: Improper comments..

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-21-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
For what is worth I had the same impression when I moved here, not talking about the waterfront areas, I mean waterfront areas in the third world are nice as well, talking about the areas where working people would live, but since then I gotten to know the area better and there are certainly nice enough areas you can't see them from US 19, there are pockets for every taste, from condos to older renovated homes, to cookie cutter suburbia.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's interesting perspective on the trailer parks. I hadnt thought of that before. NO Section 8! Nice!
This is why I loved full-timing in my motorhome after my divorce. No welfare bums to put up with. Just hard working folks trying to get by. I lived in it until I got married and bought a house. I wouldn't have lived in the apartment complex my soon to be wife lived in for anything.

Long live trailer parks!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Correcting someone that an entire county is not "trailers, drunks and strippers" is not snarky. It's valid feedback. OTOH, repeating what I write shows you don't have the capacity to contribute anything substantial to the conversation. Move on and stop being ridiculous as always.
Did I say I was referring to this thread? You should learn to stop commenting on my post. It always ends badly for you.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
The defensiveness of the Florida forums is mind boggling. I have not seen any other C-D forum that rises to the same level. It's really childish if you ask me. I could care less if someone in my city doesn't like it as much as I do.
I don't like your city where you were born , it sucks.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:11 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
There are really not any nice coastal areas in the Tampa Bay area. I am not sure why people talk about Clearwater as if its really nice, unless they just have not been anywhere else.
There are some nice pockets here and there but most of the area - Clearwater, St Pete etc is pretty ghetto in my opinion. Even some of the so called "nice" areas. I just don't get it.
My rather limited impression of the metro from being down there this weekend is while I did see some trailer parks in St. Pete especially, it was absolutely nothing on the large scale blight and trashiness that I see back home in Appalachia, and in the decayed Midwestern cities.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:12 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
So because you lived in the middle of the county, it means the entire county is trailers, drunks and strippers? Classier areas around Armenia Ave you mean? Ok yeah right..
Where are the classy parts in Pinellas County?What I witnessed was scary, meth head trailers in Largo, bums gallore in St. Pete, angry racial tension between southern whites and black people, moms turning their daughters into Hooters girls in Tarpon Springs. It was gross.

I live next to a fairly rough area in Denver called E. Colfax and you won't see me defending it.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:12 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I don't like your city where you were born , it sucks.
Lol

Old 01-21-2015, 09:21 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Where are the classy parts in Pinellas County?What I witnessed was scary, meth head trailers in Largo, bums gallore in St. Pete, angry racial tension between southern whites and black people, moms turning their daughters into Hooters girls in Tarpon Springs. It was gross.

I live next to a fairly rough area in Denver called E. Colfax and you won't see me defending it.
Where are they? Let's see, all along the coastal areas(that's a 50 miles long strip). West Largo is upscale, even close to where you lived, Bardmoor/Lake Park. Further down, north of DT St Pete, Snell isle, Old Northeast, Tierra Verde, others will say Dunedin by the intracoastal/downtown, Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs(by the bayou's) etc..etc.. There are no classy areas? Did you really get to know the area or you stayed glued in your apartment?

The reason you don't witness racial tensions in Denver is because pot is legal. Everyone is .. well you get the idea.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:24 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
First time I hear the words largo and upscale together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay