Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 01:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,636,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This is one of the dumbest "cons" that people continue to list. What did you think you were getting into when entering "The Sunshine State?"
Lets not be rude and insult people.

Most simply underestimate that!

Old 05-24-2015, 09:10 AM

500 posts, read 1,177,932 times
I'm going to guess because most of those people have lived other places worse than Florida and can see how great Tampa is in comparison. How many Ohio or Michigan people do you see running back home to Ohio and Michigan for reasons other than because their family and friends are there? Very few, because those who have made the move realize how much better Florida is. Those who have never lived outside of Florida have no clue how good they have it.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:28 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,479,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
I'm going to guess because most of those people have lived other places worse than Florida and can see how great Tampa is in comparison. How many Ohio or Michigan people do you see running back home to Ohio and Michigan for reasons other than because their family and friends are there? Very few, because those who have made the move realize how much better Florida is. Those who have never lived outside of Florida have no clue how good they have it.
That's definitely true. It took me living outside of Florida to appreciate Florida. You can definitely have a good lifestyle in places like Ohio and Michigan, though. Some people like it.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,636,348 times
Quote:
......the same applies in reverse. Some who've lived in better places will see Florida as a downgrade. That is true also and should not be construed as "negative".

Old 05-24-2015, 09:57 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,149,831 times
Quote:
I moved here from Michigan but I'm retired, I could not of made a living here, the weather is the only reason im here, but to say its better than Michigan is false you have no idea the beauty of Michigan with all it's outdoor sports and beautyfull fresh water beaches and of course the upper peninsula and the mackinaw bridge.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM

15,146 posts, read 12,315,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Well, unfortunately some have trouble understanding that "others" have different standards. Or that they came from other places that had more to offer.

You can't have an objective opinion if your focus is subjective.
And some people don't know the difference between objective and subjective. Your comments about standards suggest you might be among that group. But carry on.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 AM

15,146 posts, read 12,315,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I moved here from Michigan but I'm retired, I could not of made a living here, the weather is the only reason im here, but to say its better than Michigan is false you have no idea the beauty of Michigan with all it's outdoor sports and beautyfull fresh water beaches and of course the upper peninsula and the mackinaw bridge.
So the obvious question is, why would you choose to live in a place that you believe is not as good (in your opinion, again, a subjective viewpoint) as where you came from?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,954,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
People who love Tampa sure are defensive. Is it just me or are Tampa locals more boosters of their own city than they ever were of other places? Been back here for a few months now, it's OK but I'm looking forward to be leaving again. I was going to create a thread about the things I don't like about Tampa, not as a troll post but as genuine discussion. However, I noticed that people seem to really love Tampa and whenever someone says something bad about the city on here, it's treated differently vs. other cities.
I think the issue is when blanket statements are made about the area or when false stastical data is used to make one's point. IE When somone says Tampa Bay has nothing but low wage jobs.

Other than those issues, I am sure people understand this place is not for everyone. No place is.

What I don't understand is why some people cannot understand that other people enjoy the weather year round or love the area overall. To each their own, I say.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,205,363 times
^^^^ Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I think the issue is when blanket statements are made about the area or when false stastical data is used to make one's point. IE When somone says Tampa Bay has nothing but low wage jobs.

Other than those issues, I am sure people understand this place is not for everyone. No place is.

What I don't understand is why some people cannot understand that other people enjoy the weather year round or love the area overall. To each their own, I say.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:47 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,982,076 times
People love Tampa? Seems to me, as a native, most people dont really "love it" in any city. It's like they do it to be around folks like them (other NY'ers, foreigners, etc) or they are just so tired of the heat they move here. But I dont know too many people that "love" it here in FL, in all honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay