Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 02:29 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
there are a lot of folks who despise FLA, TB so much that although they've moved out of state, they return to post about how bad the state is.
Seems to me they ought to get a life, a job, or at least a hobby. It would be a lot better for them if they moved forward, instead of wasting time obsessing over past perceived miseries.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:30 PM

422 posts, read 412,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Seems to me they ought to get a life, a job, or at least a hobby. It would be a lot better for them if they moved forward, instead of wasting time obsessing over past perceived miseries.
If they could actually find a job in Tampa that would probably help lol

Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Middle of no where. Jeeze, NPR is just down the road and Tampa is 45 miles., The Suncoast/Veterans gets you there in an hour. Yes, works great for me an 10s of thousands others. Its good for me because its 45 miles from a major city. I left NY to get away from big cities and moved to Orlando in 88. Around 98 Orlando went kaboom with growth. 05 was a greaat time toi sell the ole' homestead. We had an eye on SH since 94. I knew then that SH was ripe for growth but would never blossom into a city. The banks, Home Depot, Lowe's, Restaurants, supermarkets and the department stores are easy in and easy out. Traffic is not an issue and there are enough retailers to keep the most dedicated shopper busy. We want for nothing here. ok ok, a Chipolte would be nice.

When I got out of the service in 77 I job hopped in order to maximize my knowledge of the
business. Only took 1 year and 3 or 4 emplyers before I went to work for a major Japanese trading company for 10 years. When I saw the writing on the wall for NYC we knew it was time to execute
Plan B, relocation. Houston and Orlando were the choices. I could have stayed with my company in Houston.

Union jobs are that way. I too have witnessed the same problem you have.
I was in the legal field in Orlando and slackers dont last long at busy law firms. They usually quit because they cant meet the expectations of their paycheck. Frankly, I never had a problem being paid what I was worth once I had worth. It took time to learn and become proficient in both of my prior careers. It wasnt handed to me. I worked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Ok so you are saying SH is NOT in the middle of nowhere, its like 50 miles from Tampa and not like an easy no exits on the turnpike kind of 50 miles. At any rate that's really not the point I am sure SH is great, works for you, awesome, my point was that it's distance to Tampa does not make it a good indicator as far as the cost of insurance in Tampa.
I have only worked for 2 employers 1 in NYC and 1 here, but I been offered better positions which I have turned into more money. Most employers are not going to pay you what you are worth, unless they have to, not having the threat of leaving makes that hard. I hate the concept of seniority I think is an excuse to promote incompetent people, the worse people I have ever worked with had union jobs for 30 years completely incompetent but got to the top of the food chain on pure complacency I guess.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:17 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,129,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I dont know why everybody complains about car ins. I pay just under $90 a month for 2 cars. Friends here pay about the same, more if they carry comp & coll but not much. My HOI is <$1100 a year. Sales tax here 7.0. IL, for instance 8.75. Public transportation certainly does exisit. HART in Hillsborough, The Bus in Hernando, LYNX in Orlando, Pasco has a system too. Nothing wrong with the schools, sans some of them that are loaded with kids whoi cant spell their lat name. Read this and bring yourself up to date - Florida drops to No. 28 in national ranking of public school systems | Tampa Bay Times

Ive never had a problem earning a decent wage here., Neither has any of my neighbors, friends around the state and locally. If you flip burgers here for $8 an hour you will get $8 an hour flipping them in most states. If you know nothing you get paid peanuts. If you have skills, knowledge and experience you get paid well.

You beat the same old horse like all the other malcontents with their outdated, incorrect and very misleading information. How many screen names have you used because I can go back in the threads and find many posts from people who stopped posting and they are virtually verbatim. Its always a new member also.

Do you live in FL?? If so WHY?
No wonder you're auto insurance is so cheap you only have pl and pd you must have a older car and my wife old house in Joliet is worth over $200,000 and her HI was under a $1,000 a year. So insurance is way cheaper in Illinois. Also sales tax verys by city.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 PM

90 posts, read 122,544 times
Rich67: I agree

Old 09-04-2015, 05:50 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,019,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Middle of no where. Jeeze, NPR is just down the road...
People actually brag about living close to NPR?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:25 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Then why are you posting in the Florida forums all the time
You seem to follow me around like a shadow. The only time you post anything is in response to something I say. That's really creepy. I'm kinda glad you left N.H.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:25 PM

Actually I carry PI, PD and UM at 300k. Both vehicles are over 7 years old
so comp and coll is not cost effective.

Do you realize u have a serious affliction regarding money? Did you grow up
in poverty? There is more to life than dollar signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
No wonder you're auto insurance is so cheap you only have pl and pd you must have a older car and my wife old house in Joliet is worth over $200,000 and her HI was under a $1,000 a year. So insurance is way cheaper in Illinois. Also sales tax verys by city.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Then why are you posting in the Florida forums all the time

Envy?

Old 09-05-2015, 12:52 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Seriously, why else would you move to FL? Thats all this place has to offer.
I must live in a different Florida.
I know plenty of people who moved here to find work,enjoy the lifestyle,build up a wide circle of friends,take part in loads of activities.
The sun sure helps all this and is one of the primary factors why people move here but it's not the only thing Florida has to offer.
By a long chalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay